Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Nope, I don't feel bad about it at all.
    the exact words i was going to use. screw em. the music industry is full of BS anyways

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    even if it was an elderly 90+ yr old helpless lady?

wow. this is actually sad to read smh

this is why i have so little hope for humanity
    What does the age and gender have to do with the item I want? cmon... you'll have to do better than that.

ERC1980
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What does the age and gender have to do with the item I want? cmon... you'll have to do better than that.
    no I don't

you didn't answer the question i asked. don't dodge it.

besides that, just the fact that you would even consider stealing a woman's purse is sad.

Edit: i'll leave this thread as it is. no interest in getting in further argument with you.
    Last edited by ERC1980; 12-27-2011 at 20:45.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    no I don't

you didn't answer the question i asked. don't dodge it.

besides that, just the fact that you would even consider stealing a woman's purse is sad.
    Sad for you, but not for me if I wanted the damn purse.

Because:

Elite Guru
    Lol! I don't think at any point he said he would actually steal someone's purse. Rather, he gave a response measured against the 'criteria' you defined. That's not to say it's his position.

6. Likes F34R , Lebowski likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Also, I never quoted the second part of your post bcuz I did not care to say anything about it. Ubisoft games are well ported to PC.
    You should care. You accuse him of being a pirate because he doesn't blindly support the company. Again, what he simply said was that he was boycotting their games. And it's not just about them being ported well to the PC. A company's business model is just as important. Here are a few posts I grabbed from the thread that you did not care to say anything about:

Serial keys we don't mind about, Steam we don't mind about, but always online to play even in offline mode, server downtimes which means no one can play a single player game, and now calling us pirates? They need to look long and hard at themselves before accusing us.

Without DRM there would be no need to hack or crack, but with it there is. When publishers or developers decide to enforce restrictive DRM all they're doing is hurting legitimate customers. Pirates and crackers have always bypassed the issue in little time, normally only taking a day or two. Sometimes the game is even leaked before release and already cracked. By enforcing DRM the publishers abuse their customers, and that's wrong. If they show their customers some respect they'll see an increase in sales, no doubt.

If you treat your paying customers like $#@! because someone else ISN'T paying you money, you're going to fail.

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Super Elite
    Blacksite~

Very good then. But now do you think you can answer my question? How are Volition's and CD Project's games "lazily ported to Windows?"

Edit: Also, PC games will get the crap pirated out of them regardless if DRM is present or not. That is an absolute fact. Oh and please answer the question this time. You dodged it yet again...
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-27-2011 at 21:00.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Lol! I don't think at any point he said he would actually steal someone's purse. Rather, he gave a response measured against the 'criteria' you defined. That's not to say it's his position.
    DING DING DING!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!

Ultimate Veteran
    Very good then. But now do you think you can answer my question? How are Volition's and CD Project's games "lazily ported to Windows?"
    I would say a game like Saints Row 2 is poorly-optimized for Windows when people on other forums have complained about it not running well on their PCs despite the fact that they met the system requirements. Not to mention the fact that the PC version of the game scored much lower than its console predecessors. So yes, when you have to release a patch to correct some technical and graphical issues while allowing a possible 20 percent increase in performance then I'd say you did a lazy job trying to port the game over to Windows.

Edit: Also, PC games will get the crap pirated out of them regardless if DRM is present or not. That is an absolute fact.
    I'm sure you'd see less piracy going on if companies like Ubisoft changed their business models.

Super Elite
    Saints Row runs like any other game. And piracy is actually more rampant in games with lesser DRM.

But can you answer my question yet?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Stealing a car and a song is EXACTLY the SAME!!!!In both instances you are using something you didn't pay for that multiple people worked on.
    There is more than just the single artist that goes into making that 1 track / album, just like a whole team goes into designing a car.
    The method of stealing is different but the crime is all the same!!!!
    I remember a story a while back of some guy posting a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 a few weeks early and he got done by the police.
    Last edited by mickice; 12-27-2011 at 22:02.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Yes, I pirate music, movies, TV shows, and games(used it.) I'm not proud about it, but I can't help it.

I've stopped pirating games because I realized how all other media have other ways of making money. Music>concerts/live performances. Movies/tv shows> theater and TV. Video games on the other hand really have no other method except the actual games selling, and that it would negatively affect my favorite games in the future.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    I'll admit I have pirated music, who hasn't, but I don't pirate new games or movies. The only games I have "pirated" are games for emulators on my phone. If someone can tell me how I can legally get Pokemon Fire Red onto my Xperia Play by all means let me know.

Also, piracy is not the same as stealing a car, there is a crucial difference, when you steal a car, the owner no longer has it. That isn't the case when you pirate something.

15. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    I'll admit I have pirated music, who hasn't, but I don't pirate new games or movies. The only games I have "pirated" are games for emulators on my phone. If someone can tell me how I can legally get Pokemon Fire Red onto my Xperia Play by all means let me know.

Also, piracy is not the same as stealing a car, there is a crucial difference, when you steal a car, the owner no longer has it. That isn't the case when you pirate something.
    I see a good point there. But it can easily countered with "Stealing an insignificant amount of money off a millionaire is okay for that their millions is still unaffected."
    Who I Am
    _________

I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

17. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Super Elite
    Better put would be "30 million each rob $5 from billionaire and bankrupt him."

Ultimate Veteran
    Saints Row runs like any other game.
    That's cool. But I was talking about Saints Row 2.

And piracy is actually more rampant in games with lesser DRM.
    Whatever you say.

But can you answer my question yet?
    I already answered your question. Lol.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-27-2011 at 22:34.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Whatever you say.
    Yes, whatever I say. Bcuz I actually know what I am talking about. And I have already explained to you why you are wrong on this already.

I already answered your question. Lol.
    I've asked you six times now as to how Volition's and CD Project's games were lazy ports to PC and I have yet to get an answer bcuz you choose to play dumb with me, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite
    That's cool. But I was talking about Saints Row 2.
    Dear God, you're an idiot. Play your little game with someone else, kid. I am done with this.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-27-2011 at 22:45.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Stealing a car and a song is EXACTLY the SAME!!!!In both instances you are using something you didn't pay for that multiple people worked on.
    There is more than just the single artist that goes into making that 1 track / album, just like a whole team goes into designing a car.
    The method of stealing is different but the crime is all the same!!!!
    I remember a story a while back of some guy posting a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 a few weeks early and he got done by the police.
    So it IS in fact different. One is actually depriving someone of something, the other isn't. It can't possibly be any more clear than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post

Someone gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltimas View Post
    I see a good point there. But it can easily countered with "Stealing an insignificant amount of money off a millionaire is okay for that their millions is still unaffected."
    You are still depriving that person of that money. That's the argument, not whether it affects them or not.

Super Elite
    It is very true that practically everyone out there has pirated whether they are aware of it or not. If it was cut down, better products can immerge and the industry can thrive better. Especially for video games. Video game companies only have one source of income unlike the music and movie industry. They suffer greatly from unchecked piracy.

It is very true that practically everyone out there has pirated whether they are aware of it or not. If it was cut down, better products can immerge and the industry can thrive better. Especially for video games. Video game companies only have one source of income unlike the music and movie industry. They suffer greatly from unchecked piracy.
    Exactly. You summed my mediocre post quite neatly. That's what you get for having English as your native language. Haha.
    Who I Am
    _________

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm not playing any games with you.

First you said, "Left 4 Dead 2 is a 60fps console game on an old PC engine and Saints Row 2 is a 30fps game of a current generation engine." This is false. Both of these games are current-gen titles and, at the time, ran on their respective up-to-date engines. You apparently missed the part where I said that both games were released at different times in the same year.

But whether you choose to believe it or not, I did in fact answer your question. Now you're telling me that Saints Row 2 runs like any other game. If that were the case, why are there other people, including myself, complaining about it being a poorly-optimized title?

Of course you resort to calling me an idiot. Well played, sir. I'm done as well.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-27-2011 at 23:08.

Sorry I had to.
    Who I Am
    _________

26. Likes darky89 , .RAID3N. likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'll play your little game though. Yes, if I wanted that car, and based on the criteria I'd use to decide to download a movie, I'd steal that $#@! in a heartbeat. The same goes with a purse, or any other item I wanted.
    What exactly are these 'criteria' that you go through in your mind before you decide its okay to steal something? Because I can't think of any rational person that would go over a checklist in his head that wouldn't include something against stealing and end up at, "$#@! it! I'm stealing this!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    What exactly are these 'criteria' that you go through in your mind before you decide its okay to steal something? Because I can't think of any rational person that would go over a checklist in his head that wouldn't include something against stealing and end up at, "$#@! it! I'm stealing this!"
    What does it matter? If I got to the point that I'd take something from someone else, I wouldn't feel guilty about it - ahem, thread topic and all.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Yes I do feel slightly bad for pirating movies, music etc, but then I look at the crap loads of money these business corporations make.

I have no regrets and I am in favor of piracy...why? because it was piracy which introduced me to most awesome games and movies and as a result I start buying their sequel and stuff. Now if I hadn't pirated in the first place, I would never have found that game/movie and they would have lost a loyal customer.

Thread Information