Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Funny how Microsoft is the only one who did a proper HD remake. Why can't others follow suit?? Final Fantasy is popular enough to pull something like that off too! And yet...
    Halo is what....an 8-hour game? A Final Fantasy game is a much larger project. Completing the main story and all the side-quests and mini-games in FFX can take over 100 hours.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Halo is what....an 8-hour game? A Final Fantasy game is a much larger project. Completing the main story and all the side-quests and mini-games in FFX can take over 100 hours.
    In euro version the 100 hours is far from enough, the dark aeons and monster arena alone takes a lot more..

Current rumor is that they are using Luminous studio tool chain for the remake, so I would expect the game to look quite incredible when it's released. (even more so than FFXIII, which clearly had some problems..)
    It certainly will be interesting to see the world coming to alive as FFX had very nice design, but quite bad limitations on tech.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Dedicated Member
    I'm not buying the rumors that it's an remake, there seems to be something lost in translation here. Then again everything with SE is lost in translation these days.

I still firmly believe SE will remake the game in order, they've done FFs 1-4, 5 and 6 will be next. I don't think SE thinks they need to remake FFX because it's still looks great now.

I think if this was a remake then there would be a larger announcement and there WOULD be screens out of it from the start.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    It's them HD towns.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

5. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Funny how Microsoft is the only one who did a proper HD remake. Why can't others follow suit?? Final Fantasy is popular enough to pull something like that off too! And yet...
    Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

the other games are not HD remakes they are HD Remasters with the same assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I'm not buying the rumors that it's an remake, there seems to be something lost in translation here. Then again everything with SE is lost in translation these days.

I still firmly believe SE will remake the game in order, they've done FFs 1-4, 5 and 6 will be next. I don't think SE thinks they need to remake FFX because it's still looks great now.

I think if this was a remake then there would be a larger announcement and there WOULD be screens out of it from the start.
    I put my money on it being a Remake because just like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD & Halo Anniversary it's 1 game being remade instead of a collection of games being re-released like the other games.

if it was going to be Remastered they would have at least added FFX-2 in with it.
    Last edited by ONQ; 12-30-2011 at 15:04.

Superior Member
    If this is supposed to be a remake, would they be announcing this soon? I mean, a proper remake would probably take a year or 2 to make. And there's still X-2 in the mix, so I don't think it really is a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I am so behind when it comes to Final Fantasy titles... it's pretty bad. Didn't complete Final Fantasy XII or XIII, and those are the only ones I've played. I'd really like to get into the FF series, but frankly, I don't know where to start! And before someone says Final Fantasy I, I really don't want go that far back. I don't have the drive nor the time to go through each and every FF game, but would still like to play some of the more popular ones.

Perhaps I'll pick this one up when it releases.
    I'd say try FF VII. Be warned that graphics are poor to today's standards and some gameplay mechanics like random battles may feel outdated, but if you don't mind that, you're in for an amazing experience. I've played it for the first time last year and can say I hadn't played a game that good in many, many years. Probably my favourite game ever. Just $10 from psn.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Completion time of a game has little to do with the time and effort needed to develops it. JRPGs are filled to the brim with stops and pauses created by cutscenes, random battles, village visiting, mini-games, etc, to superficially intlflate the game without throwing in a lot more effort into development.

Hence why Halp costs mounds more to make than Lost Odyssey.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-30-2011 at 16:14.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

the other games are not HD remakes they are HD Remasters with the same assets.

I put my money on it being a Remake because just like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD & Halo Anniversary it's 1 game being remade instead of a collection of games being re-released like the other games.

if it was going to be Remastered they would have at least added FFX-2 in with it.

I don't know if they would have to include X-2 in a remaster. They could very likely just do one game and the other later. You have an interesting point, but I don't agree but I guess time will tell.

SE is sooo bad at communicating messages, there so pathetic.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    They better not $#@! it up though, cause I would have been happy with just a Final Fantasy HD Collection with X, X-2 and XII.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Only thing I remember about FF10 was some scene it used the best the console could push out for characters and facial expressions thats only when either 2 charcters where on screen but when 3+ was on they was a little watered down, if they can the core gameplay and make every scene with the screenshot graphics above then I'm sold I liked FF10.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Master Poster
    I really Really want this to be a remake
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    The only reason they are doing FFX now and on its own is because Sony has rights to it, the others they will make multiplat.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The only reason they are doing FFX now and on its own is because Sony has rights to it, the others they will make multiplat.
    I didn't know sony owned the rights for FFX.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Super Elite
    Sony owns no rights. Sony's publishing rights were for the original release of the game as far as I know.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-30-2011 at 20:17.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I don't know if they would have to include X-2 in a remaster. They could very likely just do one game and the other later. You have an interesting point, but I don't agree but I guess time will tell.

SE is sooo bad at communicating messages, there so pathetic.
    also think about this:

would it be justified to just re render the game in HD & resell it by it's self when they could have just put the PS2 game on PSN & let the PS3 upscale it? no it won't look the same but it also wouldn't cost them any development time & money.

so the only way I see them going through the trouble of re working this game is if it's going to be a HD Collection or a Remake with new graphics.

& I don't think it will be too hard to use the FFXIII engine & remake FFX ,

everything is already laid out so it wouldn't take as much time as making a new game because the story ,art work , gameplay & engine is already planned out.

Super Elite
    They are not porting the game to the new engine as much as that would be nice. They are porting the old engine and game without updating the aged engine whatsoever. It's lame.

Forum Sage
    They are not porting the game to the new engine as much as that would be nice. They are porting the old engine and game without updating the aged engine whatsoever. It's lame.
    Since you seem to know everything about this project, care to share some more details? They aren't "porting the old engine", even if it's not a huge remake. They'd be using Sony's tools which make it easy to make PS2 games play on PS3.

I mean, yeah, a HDfied PS2 version like all Sony's PS2 HD games is the most likely scenario, but based on some small details/hints, this could be something more (at the very least, there's a possibility that the game is getting a new localization).

I wouldn't get too hyped about a full remake, but there's a chance it will be a bit more than your usual PS2 HD Collection HD-port where almost nothing is changed but resolution (however small it is).

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

19. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I know I have said I want this a dozen times, so I will ask:

What are the chances this remake or HD redo will have the dark aeons and extra content in other versions?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I know I have said I want this a dozen times, so I will ask:

What are the chances this remake or HD redo will have the dark aeons and extra content in other versions?
    I don't see why they wouldn't use that version, and I'm really hoping they do use it. There's a ton of changes and additions that I'd love to play with. It's crazy how FFX is my favorite game, which I've played over a dozen times, yet I haven't been playing the complete version!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    What's your definition of a "proper HD remake"? Sly Collection, Ico Collection and GoW Collection all looked like proper HD reakes to me.
    He meant how Halo anniversary is a completely new game and its graphics look current gen, whereas the collections you mentioned only improved resolution but not the textures, poly counts, post processing etc.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sony owns no rights. Sony's publishing rights were for the original release of the game as far as I know.
    Sony owns the entire European translation, Square would have to rewrite the entire script differently to get around Sony and that would mean pulling the voice actors back in, its too much work and money, they just gave it to Sony, it'll be the same for VII if it ever gets done.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm assuming Sony has some type of rights, since I'm sure S-E would put this remake on the 360 as well if they could. There's no reason not to, except for a few angry fanboys. lol

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Since you seem to know everything about this project, care to share some more details? They aren't "porting the old engine", even if it's not a huge remake. They'd be using Sony's tools which make it easy to make PS2 games play on PS3.

I mean, yeah, a HDfied PS2 version like all Sony's PS2 HD games is the most likely scenario, but based on some small details/hints, this could be something more (at the very least, there's a possibility that the game is getting a new localization).

I wouldn't get too hyped about a full remake, but there's a chance it will be a bit more than your usual PS2 HD Collection HD-port where almost nothing is changed but resolution (however small it is).
    It really is just going to be the old engine ported to the PS3, just as Sony has been doing themselves with GoW, etc. Porting the game to a new engine will force a lot of rewriting of everything in the game just to keep the game the same. It's the reason Microsoft merged the original Halo engine with the Reach engine as it preserves the game mechanics.

PSN ID
    SquareX987
    I think it would be better and cooler if the do a double pack with FFX and X-2. I can wait. I would also like trophies on both games as long as I don't have to max out all the dress spheres or max all stats out to 255.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    It'll be the same for KH1 as well if it happens.

Really though, they shouldve done these for the 10th anniversary.

Thread Information