Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Those PCs aren't running on a ported engine. They are running the original PS2 game on emulators.
    exactly... emulation is super simple and makes an SD game look great in HD... so anything they do with the original assets from the PS2's engine would be basically exactly the same if they just ported it over and made it HD... there would be virtually no hard work to get it up and running on a PS3 (not to mention the fact that all PS3's can play emulated PS2 games anyways both via hardware and software for the new models just not upscaled like it would be for the re-release)

And SE as we all know like to keep us in the dark about all their projects.
    hmm...so they can show us FFversusXIII (completely brand new game and brand new engine) 5 years before they even have anything (3 years untill we see screenshots) but cant be bothered to show off a game they plan on upscaling to run off a ported PS2 engine (which takes months not years) sorry.. but i just cant buy that. A simple remaster like all the other HD re-releases takes such a small amount of time and resources.

not to mention that pretty much every single other HD remaster announcement has had something to show at time of announcment... why not FFX?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

2. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Master Poster
    70 hours of FFX is without mini games. If you manage to beat the game faster than that, let me know. And this is comparing RPG vs RPG so time completion is a bit more relevant for drawing comparison. And Square-Enix themselves have even said that a FFVII Remake would take three times as long as FFXIII (meaning 18 years) and FFVII is only a 17 hour game. So you imagine FFX would be much more difficult. If SE obviously has little faith in their own art department, then I doubt they will attempt anything but a port. And a port would be more profitable, and that is something SE would want as they are in a money crisis.

I want a Remake just like anyone else, but it has failed to happen to any game aside from Halo. Even RE4 was a straight port with no improvements. I don't have any faith in a remake for any game happening.
    The first time I beat FFX I was clocked in at around 40hrs with the final weapons of everyone except Lulu and Kimarhi and all of the aeons....and I just beat FFVII and believe me it takes more than 17hrs to complete the first disk buddy.

I also agree with Soma..For a project that should be relatively easy to port a screenshot showing the difference between the games wouldn't be taking so long...

Something is up. I wouldn't be surprised if SE wanted to reignite more interest in the franchise on both sides of the world via resurrecting one of their most beloved FFs. FF7 would take way too long since they'd have to change up several concepts or adapting older concepts (World Map) to modern times would take so much time. However, FFXs world is like Ixion said very small in comparison to other FFs. I wouldn't be surprised if at E3 2012 Sony and Square announce a FFX Remake for PS3 and VSXIII as being a launch window title for the PS4.
    Last edited by LegendaryAim; 01-04-2012 at 13:58.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    exactly... emulation is super simple and makes an SD game look great in HD... so anything they do with the original assets from the PS2's engine would be basically exactly the same if they just ported it over and made it HD... there would be virtually no hard work to get it up and running on a PS3 (not to mention the fact that all PS3's can play emulated PS2 games anyways both via hardware and software for the new models just not upscaled like it would be for the re-release)

hmm...so they can show us FFversusXIII (completely brand new game and brand new engine) 5 years before they even have anything (3 years untill we see screenshots) but cant be bothered to show off a game they plan on upscaling to run off a ported PS2 engine (which takes months not years) sorry.. but i just cant buy that. A simple remaster like all the other HD re-releases takes such a small amount of time and resources.

not to mention that pretty much every single other HD remaster announcement has had something to show at time of announcment... why not FFX?
    They announced a CG trailer for FFvsXIII and notice how we have been kept in the dark about most of any of its development.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Master Poster
    They announced a CG trailer for FFvsXIII and notice how we have been kept in the dark about most of any of its development.
    True but you also have to consider that Nomura wants VSXIII to be THE RPG that takes complete advantage of the PS3. I think what Soma is trying to say is that, with the way Square loves to show off it's stuff (especially prematurely) we would have already seen screens, a trailer something from a HD FFX if it was just an HD Port..but because Square has been unusually quiet about this project that should be a relatively small in the grand scheme of things, it's safe to think that maybe something bigger is happening with this project.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Elite
    Then it would be nice to be proven wrong. Hopefully it does turn out to be a remake.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    70 hours with just doing the main story only.
    I beat the game in 29 hrs (No side quests)

I beat FFVII on PC in 17-20 hours.
    I beat the FFX in 29 hrs (No side quests)
    For FFVII I think I took about 25hrs give or take a few. (Only did Wutai quest)

Apprentice
    I hope itīs a remake rather than just a HD version, I'll buy anything they throw at me tho. But if they do a remake let's hope it's just the visuals I don't want anything like Silent Hill Shattered Memories which was supposed to be a remake of the first but turned out to be a total different game. A remake of FFX itīs a great decision cuz IMHO FFVII it's overrated.
    Never was... Never will be... Med student with some spare time to enjoy life.

Apprentice
    I rather have a FFXII remake. Hopefully they do one after X.
    For Final Fantasy XIV news, info and networking visit http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    I rather have a FFXII remake. Hopefully they do one after X.
    XII? Never happen. It's not really that dated right now - I was playing it not too long ago, and the graphics were very good for its time, and they've held up well.

Secondly, and most importantly, it's just not a fan favorite. I loved it personally, I think the gameplay was among the best of the series, although the story wasn't the strongest. But it's not high enough on most people's "best of the series" lists, and I can't see SE ever feeling the need to go back and do a remake.

I'd just be happy if the PSN would put XII (and X, and Kingdom Hearts I and II) on the store. I already own them all, but I'd be happy to buy them again rather than have to dust off and hook up the PS2 every time I get an itch to play one of them again.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by rsersen View Post
    I'd just be happy if the PSN would put XII (and X, and Kingdom Hearts I and II) on the store. I already own them all, but I'd be happy to buy them again rather than have to dust off and hook up the PS2 every time I get an itch to play one of them again.
    This. I sold my PS2 when I had my backwards compatible PS3; I didn't see a need for it anymore. Then it got YLOD, and I was forced to get a Slim, meaning all of my backwards compatible goodness is gone.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    FFX has a lot of CGI, animated backgrounds, FMV's
    I wouldn't expect a full remake, they are probably just redoing the CG work, which may take time.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information