Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Looks like Nintendo of America and Microsoft have also joined in supporting SOPA. this is getting interesting

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    FFS, hack 'em all I say! lol

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    I haven't been on PSN as much as I used to. If they go after it, meh.
    I feel the same way. When they got hacked the first time I decided to drop them. When i'm satisfied that this won't happen again I will give it another go.

Elite Sage
    Eh, they aren't going to back off from SOPA. Only giving more excuses for everyone for less freedom on the internet.
    Only living in the moment without realizing that they are actually helping futures censorship.

They don't support SOPA.
    Both Microsoft and Nintendo support SOPA, but Microsoft has stated that SOPA needs some tweaking and fixing. EA, Square-Enix, Apple etc. are also supporting SOPA.
    Last edited by Mael Duin; 12-30-2011 at 20:42.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Super Elite
    Wow, lot of pro-piracy here...
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Wow, lot of pro-piracy here...
    Yeah, you might wanna read the bill there pal.

Super Elite
    What is a link to the bill?

Elite Sage
    http://www.electronista.com/articles...lar.sopa.bill/

Actually according to this Sony, EA and Nintendo aren't supporting SOPA anymore.

A quiet update to the list of Stop Online Piract Act supporters (PDF) has shown that Nintendo and Sony have backed away from the proposed bill. Both were originally endorsing the bill as of November but quietly removed themselves from the list sometime in the past month. Neither has acknowledged the change in attitude.

Game developer EA has also dropped its SOPA support.

All three have an interest in curbing piracy of their games. They may have withdrawn support after seeing the full consequences of the bill, which could see site taken down or blocked if even just a small portion of its content was deemed illegal. As drafted, it would also compromise Internet security by taking apart the DNSSEC initiative the US government has wanted to prevent domain name poisoning attacks.

They may have also reacted to public perception. Much of their more technically aware audience opposes SOPA and was key to GoDaddy reversing its position to stem mass defections. [via Silicon Alley Insider]
    Last edited by Mael Duin; 12-30-2011 at 21:27.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    What is a link to the bill?
    You don't even know what the bill is about, and you're accusing others of being pro-piracy? Massive fail there man... as you can see by just the brief info above my post, this isn't at all about pro-piracy when someone mentions their distaste or opposition for this bill.

ERC1980
    now if only these scumbags would get caught, thrown in jail, and spend some quality time getting violated by bubba, orlando and T-Bone on a nightly basis for the next few months.

11. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Super Elite
    I don't see anything wrong with the bill. How does this even affect gamers?... If nothing on your site is illegal then there is no problem. This will shut down a ton of US-operated sites made for piracy and possibly censor out-of-state sites made for piracy. I see no problem.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    LOL. You're too funny man.

http://www.conservativeactionalerts....ernet-freedom/

That's just one example of how bad this bill WILL BE. smh

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    LOL. You're too funny man.

http://www.conservativeactionalerts....ernet-freedom/

That's just one example of how bad this bill WILL BE. smh
    Why are you so worked up with me? Anyways, do you think you can post the actual bill? You guys are posting multiple articles saying different things. It would be nice to know which one I should go by.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm not worked up at all. I just don't like people accusing me of supporting piracy because I'm in opposition of a bill that is supposedly about anti-piracy, and doesn't even know what the bill contains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

Enjoy.

Super Elite
    But you actually do support piracy. But thanks for link! Crazy how Wiki has everything, lol.

Master Genshin
    Don't mess with ma online gaming!

Did microsoft and nintendo get similar warnings and threats?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    But you actually do support piracy. But thanks for link! Crazy how Wiki has everything, lol.
    What I support is people making their own choices and dealing with their own situation and consequences for their actions. What I do doesn't reflect on anyone else. You're welcome for the link though. I'd be more than happy to discuss the issues that I have, which doesn't have anything to do with piracy, with the bill. Read up on it, and let me hear your thoughts on whether you are pro or con for the bill, and why.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    http://www.electronista.com/articles...lar.sopa.bill/Actually according to this Sony, EA and Nintendo aren't supporting SOPA anymore.
    Which leaves MS. So are they going to threaten Xbox Live now? lol

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    if people pirate then corporations go to extreme lengths to stop it, even if it sucks. therefor the actions of such people are affecting everyone around that and if you support it in which case if you have done some pirating or at least illegal downloads and continue to do that, then that does affect it and that person or people are the problem as well as the person illegally distributing the music. Being music wise, lots of people pirating/illegally downloading music, yet they have no idea the affect it creates within the industry, they don't know how it works. Although this whole SOPA bill is to extreme, so much so it's ridiculous, I don't agree with such harsh punishments and we already have enough people in prison for stupid things such as Weed and that's all they are in there for.

This SOPA bill will be changed again just because of the harshness of the bill itself. point is, there is to much money to actually be lost if they pass this bill. they will have to change it to being less strict but a punishment that still sucks at the same time. 5 years for 10 songs is ridiculously high.. This bill will not pass in it's current form, I know it wont. Prison time for this is really a no no.

The main problem here is usually foreign countries that get away with this because really, the USA or any other country against piracy can't track these people. Those countries are with their own people. a lot of this illegal downloads are mainly from other countries. sure there are some people in the USA that do it, I am sure there are, but those big sites are based in other countries and no matter how good our technology is, it's damn near impossible for them to find those people.

This is basically going to punish the people downloading it rather then the actual people distributing the music, which it should be focusing on but it's not. This is the same thing with Prostitutes in the united states, the police do sting operations the outcome hurts the person getting the prostitute more then it hurts the prostitute o.O it's the prostitute that is loitering but then again, nothing really makes sense anymore, it's all a giant cluster of crap.

to make it more clear on those countries, I am talking about illegally distributing the music.

FFS, hack 'em all I say! lol

that is exactly what is going to cause bills like this or even worse to get passed very easily. Those actions are going to do a lot more harm then they will do good.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 12-30-2011 at 23:54.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I disagree. While they may use it as ammunition, I think it's the only thing we have to combat the corrupt system. We can't count on our elected officials because of the lobbyists that have paid for their campaigns and continue to contribute in ways the citizens that elect them can't.

Super Elite
    The law is terrible, but the crazy thing is that this is what legislators are resorting to. And it is bcuz the current laws, whilst seemingly sound and effective, are actually worthless. People like GeoHotz still going about and Pirate Bay is still racking in the money, and these people literally gloat their success, knowing full well the current laws can't touch them. And now they are resorting to extremes. The laws these days suck; when a paper bag company gets sued by the plastic bag giants and puts them out of business just for existing, we know our laws are downright pathetic. I honestly wish their were more hackers fighting piracy instead of enabling it.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-31-2011 at 00:03.

Master Guru
    I disagree. While they may use it as ammunition, I think it's the only thing we have to combat the corrupt system. We can't count on our elected officials because of the lobbyists that have paid for their campaigns and continue to contribute in ways the citizens that elect them can't.

you have to look at the history on when things like this started getting serious. Hackers right now are more in the spotlight then they ever have been. they are actually starting to become mainstream. This is packing all the attention directly to hackers which are linked to piracy. Even if they are not, there is still a link even if it's difficult to see. You keep on pressing corporate buttons the outcome gets even worse and in the history of this illegal music downloading war, my point is proven. Once you give an action towards a corporation that causes them to lose money, they will react worse, this creates a war. This ends up starting a "I'll $#@! with you guys 10x times more" and it goes on and on. I mean, start from 12 years ago and work your way up to now. the pattern is clearly visible.

If they keep on with this hacking, the threat level on the internet will get a lot worse in terms of new horrible laws and restrictions. it will suck.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Civil E-War it is then. They have to learn somehow that they can't do this to people. When the people we elect to protect us won't, we have to fight for ourselves.

Master Guru
    it wasn't them that started it no matter how bad this bill is.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    it wasn't them that started it no matter how bad this bill is.
    Doesn't matter who starts what. The issue isn't piracy here. It'll NEVER stop, no matter how many bills they pass, now matter how strict the DRM gets. It's a part of doing business. The main issue here is that these politicians are more interested in protecting companies that pay for their campaigns rather than fighting for the people that put them in office.

Thread Information