Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Juntao52 View Post
    is the demo out for everyone??
    Only in the US PSN as of right now. I'm guessing he EU PSN store will be updated with the demos in a couple more hours.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Only in the US PSN as of right now. I'm guessing he EU PSN store will be updated with the demos in a couple more hours.
    oh ok thanks

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    EU gets it on 11th

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    EU updates happen about 15 hours after the US.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Elite
    I just finished the demo. It's still a joke. The combat still as thoughtless as before. The puzzles/challenges is just a simple, very simple, board game. The main antagonist of the story is even more ridiculous than the one in FFXIII. And I ran into very little existence of these towns of theirs. The exploration is a bit better but not much at all. The Live decision making thing isn't anything worth caring about.
    Just like FFXIII, the only redeeming qualities are the graphics and music.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 01-10-2012 at 23:20.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Cool, downloading it from the US store now

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    I just finished the demo. It's still a joke. The combat still as thoughtless as before. The puzzles/challenges is just a simple, very simple, board game. The main antagonist of the story is even more ridiculous than the one in FFXIII. And I ran into very little existence of these towns of theirs. The exploration is a bit better but not much at all. The Live decision making thing isn't anything worth caring about.
    I'm still downloading but whether its awesome or not still not getting it straight away, there's more deserving games to buy.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Very little existence of towns? Dude, it's a demo, what did you expect? Not sure what you mean by thoughtless combat, but every FF game from 7 on up is pretty damned easy and doesn't require much thinking either.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Played the demo. Reaffirmed my belief that this will be a good game...this is coming from someone who really enjoyed XIII though.

Graphics were good, I assume the actual game will be better. Music will get mixed reviews, but I liked almost all of it (would like a better victory theme though....wish they'd keep the classic one).

Battle system hasn't changed much, as expected. I have to play around with the monsters some more to decide if I really like them.

Map was a lot more open, as everyone wanted. People will complain about a lack of interaction with the npcs - this isnt skyrim. As I recall there were very little dialogue options in X or XII, and no one complained.

My only fear is that I'm going to hate the story. I know it was a demo and it kind of threw me into the middle with no background, but hearing about paradoxes and gates and anamolys was already getting on my nerves by the end of the demo.

10. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by rsersen View Post
    Played the demo. Hasn't shaken my faith that this will be a good game
    Same here. I liked it a lot. Only complaint from me is the graphics. Could be different in the full game, but I doubt it.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

12. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    hmm so it is like I expected.
    Can't wait to experience what changes they have made. I hope sidequests are more rewarding and diverse.

Ancient
    played the demo, and for the record my fav FF's are VII, VIII & X
    I was trying to justify my( has Sony removed the pound sign off the PS3 virtual keyboard? ) 80 pound purchase of the crystal edition.......and I'm keeping my pre-order, this is the FF we wanted, thou don't think you'll be visiting towns in the demo, this is kinda like the VIII demo SE put out in 98, it's a action/mission part of the game, but you have got O'Aka type character in this demo to sell you things & npc's ranged from XIII's active convo's as you walk by them to the traditional press x to speak, one addition to the npc's are side missions, some will ask for help or give you a job to do which which then will be added to your current mission, The battle system has changed....slightly with new system which allows you to capture & tame monsters to use in battle as support ( like another member of team ), from there you can name( Yes you can name your monster ) and upgrade their abilities, and each monster has a kinda limit break attack, which I think will be like summons attacks with the bigger monsters, or even summons if you capture them you can also add accessories just like your main characters, I put a baseball cap on one of my monsters lol.
    the battle system now has cinematic QTE, but they ain't bad, so don't worry.
    and finally! remember in FFXIII when it was game over when only the character you're in control of dies & the rest of the team is still alive and kicking? fixed
    not it's switches to another member, Thank god cuz that was annoying.
    graphically, and as I'm currently playing FFXIII too, XIII-2 is better looking......or maybe more the same but smoother in some spots.
    although I have heard some people say the graphics are worse, thats total BS, same with framerate... I heard some people say 15fps, seriously 15 fps with rain effects would be choppy as $#@!. people are imagining things
    thou framerate is a temperamental thing, and I'm playing on a 60gb unit so....$#@! knows
    perhaps its your PS3 or you're playing on a different system which I can't comment on.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

15. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    So basically 3 people played it and liked it (in addition to many reviewers)
    Going to download it RIGHT NOW

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    One of the reviews hated it though. The VA is pretty awful are they including the Japanese this time?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Tried the demo...the trailer at the end was cool. Showed all sorts of neat environments, the golden saucer type carnival place, and time travel stuff.

Demo itself was quite extensive, with many hidden treasures and even sidequests. You could even grind and buy all neat stuff from the shop in the demo. Monsters really help out in battle. In fact Serah died 2 times while none of my monsters died lol.

All in all it looks to be a better game than the predecessor, but I'm concerned about the story.

Thread Information