Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I wanted the PS3 to last longer
    No worries, its got plenty of life left in it. Once ps4 comes out, there will still be games coming out for ps3. Sony was still supporting the ps2 after the ps3 came out. I don't see why that would change

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    No worries, its got plenty of life left in it. Once ps4 comes out, there will still be games coming out for ps3. Sony was still supporting the ps2 after the ps3 came out. I don't see why that would change
    Yeah but we would no longer be the 'current gen'. I wish gaming was more about quality and less about money-making. If you have quality, you WILL make money
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well, if they are gonna release the consoles in 2013 E3 this year would be the place to announce it, will be very interesting to see the launch lineups for each console, price and launch titles will play a big role, i hope they launch close to each other this time around, and i really hope MS will take their time this time and not release such unstable piece of hardware, i have had 2 360's die on me so far.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Master Poster
    I'm not sure what to expect graphics wise. Adding more cores to the cpu doesn't necessarily make it more amazing either, since you can have contention problems. I'm sure they will have already figured out the correct architecture and so forth by now though. I'm mostly concerned about what audio/video connections the PS4 and next Xbox will be using. I mean, will it be the industry standard that most people hate, HDMI, or will there be a shift toward using Ethernet in devices. I guess this CES will help us now. I'm looking to buy a new receiver soon so these are all important questions to me
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Veteran
    Just because they might debut in some form doesn't mean they have any chance of a 2012 launch or even 2013. It is more likely this will be just a forgotten rumor at E3, especially if there is no news at all, no teaser, no prototypes, no slides, except possibly the behind-closed-doors rumors that always happen.

Next week is CES, and the last for MS as keynote and as attendee. A few months ago, these same type of rumors the X720 was absolutely going to be announced at CES and being stated as "fact" due to "insiders". Not too long to see how that turns out. CES asked MS to step down from doing the keynote, and MS took it a step further to say they wouldn't be attending CES anymore to have their own MS tradeshow. Now, how likely is it MS with this position is going to use their last CES to debut the next generation console, giving all the attention to the tradeshow?
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Yeah but we would no longer be the 'current gen'. I wish gaming was more about quality and less about money-making. If you have quality, you WILL make money
    That would be nice but its still a business. Quality costs money which will dip into the profits. But your right, make a quality game and people will buy it. Look at uncharted. That game can sell itself. I think if every developer was making a quality game, that would suck for us. All that money i would spend on them would make me go bankrupt. I guess its a bittersweet dilemma lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    That would be nice but its still a business. Quality costs money which will dip into the profits. But your right, make a quality game and people will buy it. Look at uncharted. That game can sell itself. I think if every developer was making a quality game, that would suck for us. All that money i would spend on them would make me go bankrupt. I guess its a bittersweet dilemma lol
    Yeah I guess you're right because then the costs would be high. But if the devs made quality games AND kept the price reasonable....well that's just the ideal unlikely-to-happen situation in case here.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Yeah I guess you're right because then the costs would be high. But if the devs made quality games AND kept the price reasonable....well that's just the ideal unlikely-to-happen situation in case here.

PSN ID
    littlegoldfish66
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Oh right, i think that could be to do with your set up as they more or less look the same. I'd imagine they'd use blueray or maybe their own technology. I want them to go back to carts personally.
    Maybe it's because I have the older 360. You know, the one that sounds like a tank when you turn it on hehe

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    According to Mr. Patcher there is a little chance of this happening.

Zero Percent Chance Sony Will Show PlayStation 4 At E3 2012

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...-4-at-e3-2012/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    According to Mr. Patcher there is a little chance of this happening.

Zero Percent Chance Sony Will Show PlayStation 4 At E3 2012

I wouldn't be surprised. MS and especially Sony have made it clear that they aren't intimidated by the Wiiu and their systems are still selling well with many upcoming games. It makes very little sense to rush a release.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    According to Mr. Patcher there is a little chance of this happening.Zero Percent Chance Sony Will Show PlayStation 4 At E3 2012

Oh Pachter again. Sounds like he doesn't think theres much chance of MS showing anything either according to that article.

in my opinion for sony a reveal is unlikely they would have just got the europe and american vitas released and have exclusives like the last of us,last gaurdian and so on if they do it would hurt their software sales

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by littlegoldfish666 View Post
    I mean blu-ray like the PS3. The graphics on the Xbox 360 can be a bit grainy.
    I would check your TV settings or your Xbox. That isn't an issue for me. They are the same.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Oh Pachter again. Sounds like he doesn't think theres much chance of MS showing anything either according to that article.
    lol..I know its patcher but he could have a point. I'm expecting MS and sony to talk about next gen in some fashion but I don't think we will see either in its physical form. Maybe they will talk about specs and capabilities... I hope i'm wrong though cause I want them to actually show at least a prototype or something.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i'm gonna take the 'nothing is gonna be announced' view. that way, i'll be surprised and happy if the ps4 is announced. lol. winning.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Assassin's Creed for Xbox 720 please!
    Maybe they will now get rid of the horrible screen tearing in the games. (I still love em though)
    Analysts are idiots. nuff said.
    Seriously they ALWAYS make the most stupidest predictions. I think there is a high chance MS will reveal something.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    i'm gonna take the 'nothing is gonna be announced' view. that way, i'll be surprised and happy if the ps4 is announced. lol. winning.

Yea...i'm leaning that way myself.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol..I know its patcher but he could have a point. I'm expecting MS and sony to talk about next gen in some fashion but I don't think we will see either in its physical form. Maybe they will talk about specs and capabilities... I hope i'm wrong though cause I want them to actually show at least a prototype or something.
    Somehow I'm not sure that either company would want to take focus off their current gen lineup by announcing new hardware at E3. Especially Sony having just launched PS Vita.

Forum Sage
    Somehow I'm not sure that either company would want to take focus off their current gen lineup by announcing new hardware at E3. Especially Sony having just launched PS Vita.
    Thats true..That's why i'm leaning towards them teasing the specs and capabilities. Sony's vita will be new to the market and it may steal some of its thunder. I could be wrong but I don't think sony has ever revealed a PS at E-3 anyway.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats true..That's why i'm leaning towards them teasing the specs and capabilities. Sony's vita will be new to the market and it may steal some of its thunder. I could be wrong but I don't think sony has ever revealed a PS at E-3 anyway.
    I dont think they have either.

Thread Information