Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS4: What do YOU want out of it?

With rumours circulating the web about Sony getting ready to counter MS announcement with an announcement of their own what would you want from it? I guess the thread title is the question.

Personally I want:

-1920x1080 and 60FPS minimum on all games either PSN or Retail.
    -Revamped PSN service, even if that means paying for it i'll be happy to pay a yearly sub fee for a better service
    -Mic included wither every console
    -The DS3 slightly revamped maybe made slightly bigger and change those damn 'triggers'
    -Every retail game given a DD alternative but at a more competitive price. You can swivel on it if you think I'm paying 50 for a digital game
    -Bring back the media ports at the front of the console. They were a life saver on the 60GB
    - Bring back the 4 USB ports - or even go up to the 7 that they promised for the PS3
    - Another thing they said the PS3 would have - Multi HDMI out would be quite nice
    -Faster BluRay Drive, i doubt this will be a problem though.
    - Backwards compatability would be nice. I know i'll hardly touch PS3 games once the PS4 is out but i imagine there will be times when you would want to fire up the old ancient Uncharted 3
    -No more than 400 - Any more and your stepping out of the insta-buy stage into the consideration/waiting stage.

Thats about all i really want from the PS4 but i know as soon as some of you guys saying things i haven't said i will want those features as well.

So, what do you want?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm not sure what I want outside of a 400 dollar console. I know they are going to bring it on the games front so I have no worries there. And shoot at me if you will but I don't want 1080p 60fps on all games. I'd love for them to have chips strong enough to push a game out with those specs and then scale it back to 720p 30fps. Better graphics and more details from that extra power. You can call me a graphics $#@! now. I'd also like bc with ps3 titles.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Traditional controller in the consoles box at launch.
    That is all.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    You would be hard pressed to get a PC to run 1080p at 60 FPS for 400 i think.
    I doubt many console developers would sacrifice looks for frame rate after how underwhelmed many consumers were by Rage.

500GB hard drive standard.
    Full cloud support for game saves and screen shots for free.
    Better organised operating system.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm not sure what I want outside of a 400 dollar console. I know they are going to bring it on the games front so I have no worries there. And shoot at me if you will but I don't want 1080p 60fps on all games. I'd love for them to have chips strong enough to push a game out with those specs and then scale it back to 720p 30fps. Better graphics and more details from that extra power. You can call me a graphics $#@! now. I'd also like bc with ps3 titles.
    Different stokes for different folks man. Theres nothing wrong with wanting better graphics. We are just different kinds of graphic $#@!s. I wouldn't mind them dropping to 30, if the had to but i don't want to see any games at 720p next generation

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Traditional controller in the consoles box at launch.
    That is all.
    Sounds legit enough.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You would be hard pressed to get a PC to run 1080p at 60 FPS for 400 i think.
    I doubt many console developers would sacrifice looks for frame rate after how underwhelmed many consumers were by Rage.

500GB hard drive standard.
    Full cloud support for game saves and screen shots for free.
    Better organised operating system.
    I suppose that is a valid point but i'd like to see more games trying to get 60@1080p than not. I'm pretty sure i could probably count on my hands how many we've seen this generation. Infact i could probably do it on one hand if we were talking retail games.

I do agree with your points though, Keefy.

Something else i wouldn't mind but it is completely pointless is the thing that Onlive offers where you can watch what your friends are playing in real time. It could come in handy if you were stuck at a part or if you wanted to guide someone as to what to do.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Great games.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I want it at a good price. I'm not too worried about games.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Same Dualshock design. I would be shocked if they didn't implement the touchpad that's on the back of the Vita, but I don't particularly want it. Put 2 buttons on the back instead, like some 3rd party copycats do.

My main thing is better functionality in the OS. The PS3 in many aspects is a total software bodge job. I love the XMB for it's usability but that is where the fondness ends. You can't multitask for $#@!, no in game chat, no music, the OS slows to a crawl when playing some games, especially EA games, and messaging becomes very difficult. I'm sure this is an area they are keen to get right and it damn well should be because they are so far behind MS in this area.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    A better controller and the option to install games.

Veteran
    I want it to be like a powerful PC, capable of running the best graphic as of 2012 at least.
    Last edited by daLa; 01-06-2012 at 19:06.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    able to hold 6 blu ray, like a 6 cd changer. instead of getting up and chaning the game all the time why not have the 3-6 games you play all the time in your ps4. Press a button and it switch over to the next game.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Everything that I want in gaming is currently being delivered with the PS3. I just want 4 to expand upon all these things + points made in OP.

Improved PS Eye and Move.
    Improved 3D (although the PS3 is kicking ass at this already).
    PsVita integration (used as controller, tranfarring etc).
    Bar raising 1st party exclusives.
    Improved PSN features.

I am really in no hurry for this though. I don't think I will be an early adopter if the games keep coming on PS3. I get to enjoy this gen longer and jump into next when there are more games, lower price point etc. Win!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Same Dualshock design. I would be shocked if they didn't implement the touchpad that's on the back of the Vita, but I don't particularly want it. Put 2 buttons on the back instead, like some 3rd party copycats do.

My main thing is better functionality in the OS. The PS3 in many aspects is a total software bodge job. I love the XMB for it's usability but that is where the fondness ends. You can't multitask for $#@!, no in game chat, no music, the OS slows to a crawl when playing some games, especially EA games, and messaging becomes very difficult. I'm sure this is an area they are keen to get right and it damn well should be because they are so far behind MS in this area.
    Yeah hopefully a fully revamped operating system would be brilliant! Oh and the obligatory XGC would be nice too. One thing the 360 is leaps and bounds ahead the PS3 is with the OS, IMO. The 360 system just feels smoother and cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    able to hold 6 blu ray, like a 6 cd changer. instead of getting up and chaning the game all the time why not have the 3-6 games you play all the time in your ps4. Press a button and it switch over to the next game.
    Yeah a disc changer would be sweet for someone lazy like me. It's why i prefer DD, i don't have to change discs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Everything that I want in gaming is currently being delivered with the PS3. I just want 4 to expand upon all these things + points made in OP.

Improved PS Eye and Move.
    Improved 3D (although the PS3 is kicking ass at this already).
    PsVita integration (used as controller, tranfarring etc).
    Bar raising 1st party exclusives.
    Improved PSN features.

I am really in no hurry for this though. I don't think I will be an early adopter if the games keep coming on PS3. I get to enjoy this gen longer and jump into next when there are more games, lower price point etc. Win!
    Ghost, who are you kidding. We both know if Sony were to release the PS4 tomorrow we'd both be first inline! :P
    Last edited by BBK..; 01-06-2012 at 18:02.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I want a smooth, fast and efficient OS from the get go. XMB? Please. Clunkiest clusterf*ck I've ever used. Whenever I get a message I want to be able to jump right away into it to read it without having to wait 2 damn minutes for the XMB to load, wait for the icons to be ready, then wait for the message to load, yadda, yadda, yadda. For the rest, I'm happy with what we've got now. Just make it better and you got a winner.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Ghost, who are you kidding. We both know if Sony were to release the PS4 tomorrow we'd both be first inline! :P
    Haha I am in two minds. If Sony keep churning out games like Starhawk, The Last of Us, God of War 4 and so on, and if 3D is as badass as U3, AC:R and B:AC, then I am one happy camper. I think it depends mostly on the launch line up for me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Great games.
    Same here. And I have no doubt that Sony will deliver on that.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Cross game chat, but that is more of a PSN issue.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Would be nice if loading times were kept to a minimum. Plus downloading games in background actually working while playing a game

Apprentice
    what I would like for next gen to be is better graphics.

none of that crap you see on PC,
    but where they actually look more realistic then current gen, I want to see the stuff from what people assume is cg.
    it's really in game O.o

I don't care if I play the new games at 720p 30 fps.
    I don't even care if I play at 480p and 30 fps, for as long as the new games scream realism!!

thats all I want for next gen

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Agree with most in that they need a better OS, the UI needs to be slick, intuitive, colourful and fully customisable. On top of that I want them to make something that is easy for developers to get to grips with, from the get go. I am sure they will deliver that, with the problems they had with the PS3 in this regard

The PS3 was a great (console) and experience for Sony in that they can really learn from shortcomings and go a huge way in making things much better for the PS4

Another thing I want out of it is a much more active PSN, I want there to be more deals and offers, more often. They need to keep the thing feeling fresh and competitive, so people check it for the latest what-have-you. Black ops was on the store for 50 recently, like wth? People see those prices and assume everything on the store is over priced. Just keep the thing updated and relevant, it will be a much bigger success for them that way

The usual things like XGC, multi-tasking, screenshotting and generally a more social platform will be very welcome. Looking at the PSVITA you can see that they have learnt a lot on that front

I don't want really want them to change the DS3, as it's a great controller - At most I wouldn't mind them fiddling with the L2/R2 but that's about it. However, I do feel that they will probably make some bigger changes to it to satisfy the viral thought that the controller is 'outdated'. Perhaps they can offer two variants of the Dualshock, would be cool if they got that right. More options the better

I would also welcome deeper functionality between the PS4 and PSV, than we will get with the PS3 and PSV. Not sure if that will be possible but it would be great

Sony will deliver with games so there is not much to say with that =P

Well, except, I hope their Japanese studios push out games quicker than they have this gen

Oh yeah, price is a huge factor, as always. Like BBK says, nothing over 400 please - thanks

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    that's the thing though, if they make the PS4 bc, I don't think we will see a huge jump in specs on the PS4. just making it BC will give them less money to work with on the actual PS4.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    the ability to download the games i have already bought several times for free would be a good starter

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Aside from the better graphics etc, Cross Game Chat is a must. Since getting an xbox360 that feature is SOOOO handy and just makes gaming with friends infinitely easier.

In-game music for gameplay of any games, ability to take screenshots whenever for ANY games/moment.

A better web browser, more USB ports and I don't see why backwards compatibility with PS3 games should be an issue..

I know my list isn't very innovative or exciting, but its functional. The rest, they can surprise me

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Make it a game machine, not a freaking media station.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    oh and i would like the first generation of model to not die after a year or so. i really think ill get a nintendo and wait until the slim version comes out. been kind of $#@!ed on this and last generation

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Thread Information