Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    I'd like a way to easily open the thing so I could dust it off every so often. XD

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Make it a game machine, not a freaking media station.
    They'll get ****ed if they don't make it a media station, the world has moved on from a games machine just being a...games machine

3. Likes Dissent wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member

I would think it would use dual layer Blu-rays and have upgraded graphics and also larger HDD right out of the box, as well as controller and a simple Headset and maybe finally an included HDMI cable. And you know they will have cross chat on the next machine as that is what people cried most about it seems this generation. And it had better damn well be backwards compatible with the PS3 software.

I think it would be crappy if they launched a new PS4 next year after not having hit the ten year life span they touted so much. I really think they should let MS launch a new system a year ahead if they want, as by the time the PS4 launched it could get a little jump on whatever MS includes with their new system. this way they can keep selling the PS3 for a another year or two. I mean come on, they said ten years and the kinds of gamers most of us here are, you know that if the PS4 launched next week most people would probably jump at it to play the most cutting edge games at the time. In my opinion it would be lame to launch a new PS4 and still make the PS3 too for four more years, just to say they got the ten years they spoke of.

I think that when the new machine launches, the old one loses a lot of support and that is a disservice to the customers who have stuck with them all this time through the uncertainty and the ridiculously high prices and all the negative crap a lot of people had to put up with. In short if they're smart, they launch the new machine in another 2 or 3 years (Close enough to ten years, right?!), and just make sure that no matter how wonderful the new one will be, keep it backwards compatible with PS3 hardware and software (to an acceptable degree) and keep the price to about $399.99 max. Just my thoughts. Oh and try to make sure to produce a reasonable amount of units for demand this time. No more of the "Yay, here it is, it's gonna cost $600.00 and we shipped 50 units for distribution around North America!!" I also think they could easily just expand the PSN and make it better, rather than try to re-invent it all over again.
    Oh, well just my thoughts!
    Last edited by TOM2x; 01-07-2012 at 16:27. Reason: corrections

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I want the following...

Good durability, no overheat and stuff.
    A sexy design.
    Good specifications.
    Decent price.

I also want developers to make games that run at 60 fps more often.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not much on Specs talk but one thing it better have and have for the life of the system is Backwards compatibility. I swear if they don't do this I might not buy. Not saying PS1,PS2, and PS3. It at least better have PS3. PS2 would be a nice gesture as well.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Disc changers ROFL why not just install the games directly to the hard drive, Xbox has it for all games now doesnt it and alot of PS3 games require a partial install so I expect it to be the standard Optical media simply isn't fast enough.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Squaresoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    What I want is very simple.

1. Keep the ability to upgrade hdd with our own preference.

2. Enough RAM to succeed for the next 10yrs. No more excuses!

3. Keep Blu-Ray and Bluetooth

4. We need a more eye pleasing "alive" dashboard. No more XMB please!!!!!!!!!

5. More USB ports. 2 in the back of the console and at least 2 in the front. I would prefer 6 USB total though.

6. Backwards compatible with PS3 games. This is a must!

7. Trophy data carries over to next generation.

8. Built-in DVR

9. Faster downloads and a faster...well, everything!

10. More apps! Much like the 360 today. I want cool apps like UFC, YouTube, and TMZ, ect.

11. The ability to send voice messages. I would also like the console to "talk to text" if I want to send a typed message. The console should do everything my phone can do.

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    Better dashboard and more customization as well as being allround better than the PS3 cos let's face it if it's not there is no point in actually bringing it out.

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

Forum Sage

Hopefully they change the way installs happen

Tapatalking

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You would be hard pressed to get a PC to run 1080p at 60 FPS for 400 i think.
    I doubt many console developers would sacrifice looks for frame rate after how underwhelmed many consumers were by Rage.

500GB hard drive standard.
    Full cloud support for game saves and screen shots for free.
    Better organised operating system.
    what he said

Super Elite
    Rage looked great. And 60fps really adds to the visuals with how fluid it makes the game. Call of Duty is great for having 60fps and it helps you get over the aging visuals.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've never felt that I had to get over the visuals in CoD.

Super Elite
    Hopefully Sony can make the next Playstation easier on developers. It sucks that so few of games this generation ever use the Cell BE.

Dedicated Member
    I want OtherOS functionality like PS2 and PS3.

Apprentice
    400 bucks at launch.
    Learn from the Vita and incorporate what works and adds to a new controller, such as rear touch screen or a small touch screen or video screen in front (not tablet, just something small that can have something on it and/or a touch screen that can be configured by game), camera, etc - whatever developers say add to the experience, if nothing does, then bam, ds4
    Continued graphic upgrades that bleed the edge, not the price point
    Not sacrificing everything for 3d or Move 2.o, but implementing them to add to the options
    New IP, not just GOW, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, etc. Would be happy to see them again in the middle of the console, but let's see some new stuff.
    An appropriate interface, browser and online
    Cross chat just so people will shut the F about it.

Supreme Veteran

just like the xbox720, i want no 3d in the ps4

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    just like the xbox720, i want no 3d in the ps4

I want 3D in either 720 or 1080p.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Apps. Well made, smooth and hardware accelerated.

TA-Pa-Ta-Pa-Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Superior Member
    I'm really hoping it costs more than $400 at launch. PS3 was astonishingly powerful and I have loved that about it the entire time it's been out. To take a step back in price means to take a step back in cutting edge tech and I really hope they do not make that sacrifice. If I wanted that I'd buy an xbox.

I hope they use a quality thermal paste this time and in fact improve the overall cooling system. Also, an easy way to dust the inside would be nice. Backwards compatibility and all of the media station extras that the PS3 has are key as well!

22. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    I hope they wait until Microsoft has released their machine. Then they know what the spec's are of the new Xbox (or whatever it will be called) and have the ability to react to it in altering the specs of the PS4. I hope they make it at least 10-15% more powerful than the Xbox. It would be great to see if Sony made "releasing the console a year or even later after Microsoft has released" an advantage and built a more powerful machine with more powerful hardware. Cause 1-1,5 years after the Xbox720 release, more powerful hardware will be standard, so Sony could build in more powerful hardware for the same money.

Please, Sony, give us back the old "Playstation-feel"... I can't describe it... but "Playstation" always stood for "the most powerful and awesome gaming machine". Until the Xbox1 came out, which was more powerful than the PS2, yet not as awesome in terms of game lineup. I want the difference between the new Xbox and PS4 to significant. Make it 20% more powerful. Release prize: 500-600 USD. Just like the PS3. Otherwise we won't see a great, powerful machine, but a PS3.5.

-keep bluray and bluetooth
    -big HDD, take advantage of HDD and install parts of the game to optimize performance
    -hardware that's easier to develop for, but more powerful than the XBox730
    -controller could have a built-in camera... hehe ^^
    -headset included, HDMI cable included
    -more than enough FAST RAM!!!
    -state-of-the-art graphics card, the same goes for the CPU
    -more USB
    -make the machine as quiet as possible... the original 60GB fat PS3 (launch model) is extremely loud... but it's awesome and it still works fine... just like on the first day.
    -online-services should be improved a lot... chat-functions, text-functions, multimedia-functions like video-messages, voice-messages and what have you... all kinds of things.

and the most important one:

-develop a GOW game on the PS4 that maxes out the system, just like GOW3 did on the PS3... PLEASE!!! I want GOW with super-realistic graphics and physics.

Imagine Kratos and his blades... when he swings his blades/chains, there's REAL fire, not just "colour" that looks a little tiny bit like fire. The fire illuminates the environment realistically (in GOW3, they did that, but it didn't look that realistic) and the fire produces SMOKE. So everytime he swings his blades, the fire created by the blades and chains will leave a trace of smoke that fades away... and when the blades hit the ground, the ground burns for a small amount of time, and enemies will be burned when they run over it. I'd love to see that the blades cut into the flesh of the enemies. Oh, and the fire I spoke of... when he hits the ground with his blades, there's fire, right? Make the air "distorted" by the heat. You know what I mean. They included this effect in the GOW3 demo. In fact, I liked the look of the fire that the blades created and that "distortion" effect in the air in the GOW3 demo. It looked better in some areas in my opinion, and that's why it didn't run that smoothly. Of course the code wasn't optimized and the demo wasn't polished, but I was really pissed off that they cut out this distortion effect, because it looked so cool and made the fire from the blades much more believable.

Long story short:
    I want A BEAST of a gaming machine. And this time, make it more powerful than the XBOX720 (the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 anyway, but the dev's have to put a hell of a lot of effort into coding things right to make it run on the PS3) and much more easy to develop for.

I want to buy multi-plat games and be able to say: "Yes, it looks at least as good as the 720 version, no... it looks way better. It runs a lot smoother, the textures are sharper and the overall feel and lighting are more realistic"... that would be cool. Because we PS3-fans have been let down lots of times with the multiplatform titles... the 360 versions look better most times. For example COD black ops... my brother has a 360 and it looks WAAAYYYY better on the 360, much smoother and more crisp, sharp and realistic. Some multiplayer maps of Black Ops look like crap on the PS3, whereas the 360 makes it look "OK".

Dedicated Member
    I want a completely different an overhauled XMB. I would like it to be less linear, I'd compare it to photostory. The ability to have background music that Automatically, the sound track would have a smooth jazzy feel like gt5s soundtrack.

A web browser that actually works an doesnt freeze once every 30 minutes.

As for for price I'm willing to pay for quality an power. So as long as it's a true next gen system an has a serious jump from the ps3. I'm willing To do some saving.

Banned from my iTouch using Tapatalk

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Hopefully Sony can make the next Playstation easier on developers. It sucks that so few of games this generation ever use the Cell BE.
    CellBE was used in all the games that came out.. just some games for various reasons couldn't use it as well as others.

Easier to use for main code is pretty much given for next generation, PPU was simply not very efficent design for single threaded execution.

Additionally we need something powerful to get decent power/computing power out of the system and that calls for a hugely paraller processing. (lots of small cores with little caches.)

I certainly wouldn't mind if ps4 would follow basic ideas of tegra3 gives with dedicated units for sound/video and what nvidia is researching for a power efficent processing.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Super Elite
    Jilipone~

I meant using the Cell BE for graphics obviously, haha. But Cell BE is definitely not used to its fullest like it should be. Crysis 2, Force Unleashed 2, and Battlefield 3 are great examples of devs using the Cell BE in its entirety. The architecture needs to be improved as well as the tools. The small L1 caches served as a barrier in itself I'm sure.

Edit: I think I just repeated what you said, lol.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 01-29-2012 at 00:32.

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Better gpu, better cpu, more ram, pretty much everything upgraded to atleast 5-6x ps3 spec's, and of course this is all powered by SCIENCE!!!

oh and the vita should be controller, like the wii u, only not fail.

Thank you itachi

Thread Information