Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    if i was to be getting a ps4, i'd want.....

trophies that sync without me having to do it.

download speeds comparable with my 360 for game downloads and that don't have to then be installed.

after downloading a game i don't want to then be told there is an update for said game, just give me the latest version.

a joypad that has the sticks set out like a 360

all games to make use of the triggers for shooting, also... all games having the option to switch the vertical axis so that when i push up, i look down.

if its to have a browser, make it a one worth having.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    if i was to be getting a ps4, i'd want.....

trophies that sync without me having to do it.

download speeds comparable with my 360 for game downloads and that don't have to then be installed.

after downloading a game i don't want to then be told there is an update for said game, just give me the latest version.

a joypad that has the sticks set out like a 360

all games to make use of the triggers for shooting, also... all games having the option to switch the vertical axis so that when i push up, i look down.

if its to have a browser, make it a one worth having.
    If they make the controllers like the 360 il be skipping next gen as the 360 has the worse layout ive ever seen, half an hour and my hands cramp up from streching thumbs

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    If they make the controllers like the 360 il be skipping next gen as the 360 has the worse layout ive ever seen, half an hour and my hands cramp up from streching thumbs

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd
    This is true, I recently started getting pains in my left hand from a accident a few years ago, probably Arthritis
    I have no problems with my DS3 but dam, playing someone with a 360 controller brings pain & distraction, I hated the layout beforehand but I got a legitimate reason now.

as for what I want in the next Playstation?
    in short, basically everything the Playstation 3 is but more advanced.
    I want it to do Photos,Music,Video etc, but even better, more options & no limitations.
    a fully working internet browser which is accessible at anytime, I want to be able to leave a game in the background while I do other stuff
    Sony has been talking about Facebook integration, and I can see the promise of that in their Phones with Facebook inside Xperia, bring that $#@! to Playstation Sony!
    PSone, PS2 & PS3 Backwards compatibility with HD rendering & proper smoothing effects, PS2 did it with PSone games( wasn't the best, but it was better then what PS3 does, and with PS3 games like COD render that $#@! in 1080p!
    As you can tell, I want the PS4 to be a beast lol

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm not really bothered by either controller. I do however prefer the 360 controller for FPS and racing games. But neither controller set up bothers me enough to not buy a particular console because of it. I would like to see PS4 automatically sync my trophies the way achievements automatically sync to your gamertag seamlessly on the 360.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-29-2012 at 23:56.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm not really bothered by either controller. I do however prefer the 360 controller for FPS and racing games. But neither controller set up bothers me enough to not buy a particular console because of it. I would like to see PS4 automatically sync my trophies the way achievements automatically sync to your gamertag seamlessly on the 360.
    Same here. Either controller will do, although I prefer shapes to letters, but I'm just weird like that.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Hopefully that is the case, even on the PSV i hope it is. Since future platforms are designed with trophies in mind. They sorta just got tacked on the PS3. If the PS4/PSV Don't have auto sync thats gonna be a bit wierd

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Hopefully that is the case, even on the PSV i hope it is. Since future platforms are designed with trophies in mind. They sorta just got tacked on the PS3. If the PS4/PSV Don't have auto sync thats gonna be a bit wierd
    I read some Vita reviews where they have stated that the trophy syncing has been greatly improved over the PS3. So I think PS4 will most likely perfect it.

Master Guru
    The only thing i want from the PS4 is the same thing i've always wanted from every console. Games that deliver.

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    I want something that will just blow my pants off graphically. Like when i first played RFOM or KZ2 and my jaw dropped. More ram so that things don't lag when multitasking (checking a message while a game loads for example).
    I'm fine with everything else, trophy syncing and that jazz but as long as their is a nice graphical boost and stutter-less interface i'm fine. Oh and custom music for each game.

Soldier 95B
    1. More awesomesauce games

2. Portable HDD

3. SD/Flash/USB cards to replace optical drive/disks

4. Dump the XMB and give us a dashboard that exposes more of what is available.

5. Add an IR port so that it works with all remotes

6. First day release of digital downloadable games

7. More USB ports (and make them 3.0)

8. 2TB HDD

9. Less, smaller patches that download and install faster.

10. Custom soundtrack support across all games.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    As long as it is SUBSTANTIALLY better than the PS3 I am happy..otherwise it won't be worth it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    boomerang controller!

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Not for it to be released for another few years since I barely got a ps3!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    i'd want a ton of space like 320gb sounds good enough these games eat so much memory haha backwards cap,x-game chat better internet browser..why the hell not? lol s'all i want

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Soldier 95B
    Yes, adding Chrome to the next PS would be sweet.

17. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    With rumours circulating the web about Sony getting ready to counter MS announcement with an announcement of their own what would you want from it? I guess the thread title is the question.

Personally I want:

-1920x1080 and 60FPS minimum on all games either PSN or Retail.
    -Revamped PSN service, even if that means paying for it i'll be happy to pay a yearly sub fee for a better service
    -Mic included wither every console
    I completely agree!

-The DS3 slightly revamped maybe made slightly bigger and change those damn 'triggers'
    I would like to see this tech in the new controllers:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/17/v...-polymer-givi/

-Every retail game given a DD alternative but at a more competitive price. You can swivel on it if you think I'm paying £50 for a digital game
    I like that idea!

-Bring back the media ports at the front of the console. They were a life saver on the 60GB
    This doesn't bother me, but I would like to see more compatibility with the different codecs out there...

- Bring back the 4 USB ports - or even go up to the 7 that they promised for the PS3
    Yes! Am put some of the ports on the back, I hate having certain things plugging into the front of the console!

- Another thing they said the PS3 would have - Multi HDMI out would be quite nice
    I am not worried about multiple HDMI out, sounds like something that would just drive up the cost

-Faster BluRay Drive, i doubt this will be a problem though.
    I definitely see this happening!

- Backwards compatability would be nice. I know i'll hardly touch PS3 games once the PS4 is out but i imagine there will be times when you would want to fire up the old ancient Uncharted 3
    I am hoping they keep with the same architecture so you can just play older games on the system without a problem, maybe even with a patch run the games at higher framerates, etc.

-No more than £400 - Any more and your stepping out of the insta-buy stage into the consideration/waiting stage.
    I also hope they learned their lesson the first time, 400 seems like the sweet spot for a new console!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Superior Member

I want Blu Ray disc format (with the fastest read speeds currently available/affordable).
    at least 500gb HDD space.
    Full and complete backward compatibility. That means PS1, PS2 AND PS3 games. That means...
    ...upgraded CELL structure in order to facility full PS3 backward compatibility and much smaller learning curve for developers next time around. Already knowing how to program for CELL with the PS3, programming should be almost exactly as it is now, just with lots more power/resources available. This should mean great looking and playing games from the getgo. This could also mean that the first couple of years could see a lot of games that are playable via the PS3 (thus the potential to sell more) but could use the features of the PS4 for enhanced visuals etc. No need to make both a PS3 AND PS4 version.
    Full integration between Vita and PS4. Download games/media onto your PS4's HDD, and be able to log in and play them via your Vita anytime, from anywhere (well...as long as you have a signal).
    Full web browsing capability. The web browser on the PS3 is pathetic. You can do better, Sony.

oh, and most importantly: DO NOT CHANGE THE CONTROLLER ONE BIT, IT IS PERFECT AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NuSoardGraphite; 02-01-2012 at 02:07.
    Shinei!

Apprentice
    a larger, bulkier and heavier controller w/ the vibration equal to a jackhammer! (37 oz to be exact) ok?!

leave out backwards compatibility, it's a waste of money.
    Last edited by lee___radio; 02-01-2012 at 22:40.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'd like a few improvements.

The DS needs re-designed. The buttons, analog sticks, and D-pad are perfectly implemented but the overall shape and trigger buttons could be re-done a bit.

A better XMB that gets regular updates. The time it takes to load the XMB during game is ridiculous and having to sync trophies. That should be done on the fly.

A big hard drive and plenty of RAM and an endless supply of good games that aren't HD remakes.

That's about it.

Oh and don't arrive late to the party, but I'm sure Sony should have learned that by now?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I say apart from optimisng the OS of the XMB, and strengthening and streamlinging the PSN, the PS4 just needs to continue doing what the PS3 does great.

The controller is awesome. Maybe keep a few things. The 360 controller is pretty awkward save for playing shooters. It's just downright unplayable for other games.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Give it a GPU capable of outputting 4K 3D, That way not only with it actually be capable of actual full HD 3D but games should actually be able to run at 1080p 60fps! with all the busy graphical eye candy that we get with 720p now and some!

And full, complete BC,as in PS1, Ps2 and PS3 games. NONE of this HD remake bs their trying to shove down our throats now.

And please stick with the cell but a newer version. Devs seem to be getting a grasp of things finally and theres no reason to abandon suck an investment. Just offer more/better support for the third party guys and things should be fine.

And for the love of god give the thing an actual usable amount of ram. While optimizing should and typically is the case with console games, devs know best besides the OS can't event fully function on this minuscule amount you cursed the PS3 with.

Faster BD drive of course. Wireless N, Bluetooth 3.0 and USB 3.0 would be nice, and more usb ports at that. And I shouldn't even have to mention more grander and awesomer games!

Dedicated Member
    It would be neat to see Cell processors used again, but I don't think it will happen, since its so easy to put so many symmetric processors on a single chip these days.

PSN ID
    pitofskulls
    My PS4 specs/requirements:

1080p/60 hz standard across all games. 2 GB of system RAM minimum. 1 GB of standalone video ram for the graphics processor, minimum. 500 GB hard drive, minimum. 2-3 CELL processors with the smallest die size if possible. At least a 3.2 Ghz video processor, made by whoever has the best technology. Blu-ray drive with the fastest available read speeds. Keep the bluetooth but have the latest version if available. More USB ports with the 3.0 version. Standalone power supply brick with a slim design up front. A controller design with offset thumbsticks like the 360 but with the size and responsiveness of the DS3. I'm not sure if I want a system that does everything. I barely use the features that are on my PS3 now. I like the ability to watch netflix and other stuff like that but making videos and uploading them is something i would rather do on my laptop. I like home a lot. I just need more time to be on it to get the most out of it. At this point, I don't think I'm all into cross game chat like I was before. i barely talk in my games as it is. I'd like to see the introduction of the 200 GB blu-ray discs if they are in fact a reality instead of a rumor. That's about I think, for now anyway.

Forum Guru
    My PS4 wish list

1. Backward compatible with PS3 games.
    2. Hardware that is reliable, generate less heat & power.
    3. Enable social network (Facebook, Twit, etc) and better web browser / youtube player.
    4. Maintain HDD upgrade feature
    5. 1080p/60fps as minumum.
    6. Better online service, get rid of Playstation Home and focus more in simplifying interface.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Quote Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
    I want Blu Ray disc format (with the fastest read speeds currently available/affordable).
    at least 500gb HDD space.
    Full and complete backward compatibility. That means PS1, PS2 AND PS3 games. That means...
    ...upgraded CELL structure in order to facility full PS3 backward compatibility and much smaller learning curve for developers next time around. Already knowing how to program for CELL with the PS3, programming should be almost exactly as it is now, just with lots more power/resources available. This should mean great looking and playing games from the getgo. This could also mean that the first couple of years could see a lot of games that are playable via the PS3 (thus the potential to sell more) but could use the features of the PS4 for enhanced visuals etc. No need to make both a PS3 AND PS4 version.
    Full integration between Vita and PS4. Download games/media onto your PS4's HDD, and be able to log in and play them via your Vita anytime, from anywhere (well...as long as you have a signal).
    Full web browsing capability. The web browser on the PS3 is pathetic. You can do better, Sony.

oh, and most importantly: DO NOT CHANGE THE CONTROLLER ONE BIT, IT IS PERFECT AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This!!!!

Thread Information