Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i can't imagine how an under powered wii-u would force Sony or MS to reveal a new console, just as last e3 never forced Sony or MS to reveal anything.
    Last year was too early, and in Sony's case they had Vita stuff to take care of. Also, the reveal last year was a bit of a disaster for Nintendo as they didnt really know what was going on either

The Wii-U is meant to focus more towards hardcore gamers and 3rd partys, which is what Sony and MS both had (majority-wise) all to themselves this gen

Revealing or teasing this year could make potential Wii-U owners consider waiting out for the next Sony/MS console, hence why either company may feel slightly forced to show something

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Who knows?

Like this article, this is all a guessing game
    Indeed, that's why I was asking if he knew anything more than we already do

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Indeed, that's why I was asking if he knew anything more than we already do
    I just think some come off as "knowing" because of the loss of emotion in typing. Rather than having the objective, or inquisitive tone, the post sounds like the person is 100% speaking in the know.
    LMAO

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Based on what? Seems like you know more than most - keep us informed, please
    I don't know anymore than anyone else here. The reason I say that is the 360 is definitely gonna improve on its format from DVD, even if its not BR. Also, if you look at where they are going with the next windows and surface technology the next xbox may use both of them in some way. With their R&D and budget I don't see sony or NIn investing more into their services as MS would.

Forum Elder
    The Wii-U is meant to focus more towards hardcore gamers
    if that were the case, would hardcore gamers buy a wii-u knowing it will be the least powerful of the next gen?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Merged.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I just think some come off as "knowing" because of the loss of emotion in typing. Rather than having the objective, or inquisitive tone, the post sounds like the person is 100% speaking in the know.
    Roger that

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't know anymore than anyone else here. The reason I say that is the 360 is definitely gonna improve on its format from DVD, even if its not BR. Also, if you look at where they are going with the next windows and surface technology the next xbox may use both of them in some way. With their R&D and budget I don't see sony or NIn investing more into their services as MS would.
    Theres no disputing that MS can afford a much bigger than the other two, fair point

if that were the case, would hardcore gamers buy a wii-u knowing it will be
    the least powerful of the next gen?
    It would all depend on when the next gen would be out though, some people would wait others wont. The nintendo faithful will buy the Wii-U and ninty will hope that they can get some of the ps360 crowd on their side too by showing off 3rd party games running better than they do on the ps360 at this point. That alone could sway people, and that's what they are hoping for I'm sure

3rd party + nintendo 1st party is world domination lol in terms of quality software =P

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    i can't imagine how an under powered wii-u would force Sony or MS to reveal a new console, just as last e3 never forced Sony or MS to reveal anything.
    The console you are calling "under powered" is still more powerful than the ps3 and 360. People love new tech and whether or not the Wii U sucks, it will still sell, and both MS and Sony are aware of that. They need to show what they have to offer so that potential Wii U costumers hold off from buying Wii U and buy their product.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The console you are calling "under powered" is still more powerful than the ps3 and 360. People love new tech and whether or not the Wii U sucks, it will still sell, and both MS and Sony are aware of that. They need to show what they have to offer so that potential Wii U costumers hold off from buying Wii U and buy their product.
    Good point and I agree.

Super Elite
    NVIDIA's Geforce is outdoing the next generation Radeon so I believe so. But then again, NVIDIA had an extra six months to develop the Geforce 580GTX so maybe not.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Well the PS3 was definitely more powerful than the 360 in processing power, but they had the same amount of RAM, so for pure still image quality, they were comparable this generation.

I can believe that the PS4 will have a more powerful processor again than the NextBox, but will it have more RAM too?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog

Rumor: PS4's early tech specs 'more powerful' than next Xbox

U.K. publication PSM3 has claimed that early tech specs for Sony’s as yet unannounced PlayStation 4 are looking a little meatier than Microsoft’s next-generation effort.
    The magazine claims that early signs point to Sony’s new console being “a bit more powerful” than the new Xbox.

Furthermore, the mag also says that Xbox 720 will likely beat PS4 to market, but only by a few months.

Gossip on next-generation platforms has kicked up a notch this week, with MCV reporting earlier today that Sony and Microsoft are gearing up for an E3 reveal for their new machines.

Sony’s remaining tight-lipped on any plans for PS4 however, with Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Worldwide Studios, insisting the company is still very much excited by future prospects on PS3.

Source PSM3 Magazine
    http://www.psu.com/Rumor--PS4s-early...a014030-p0.php

Selected Members Council
    Not really surprising to hear these claims when your magazine caters to PlayStation brand consumers. As far as I'm concerned, both companies have yet to reveal tech specs for their next-gen consoles.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

14. Likes !SG! likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    meh, who cares, until i have it in my living room and see that its better, i'll believe. This just looks like a flame war starting article

16. Likes !SG! likes this post
    Super Elite
    Diminishing Returns says they will look identical regardless if one is x3 times the power of the other.

Superior Member
    Those are some great specs!!!
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Dedicated Member
    Sony will probably have the more powerful hardware again. They like to boast about superior performance, even if its marginal or realistically unachievable.

Forum Guru
    Bit more powerful is something that gamers will not be able to see.
    More ram, that is something that would be visible especially if games would use it properly.
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Super Elite
    These analysis folks don't use their head. To predict that the PS4 will release any more than ten days after the Xbox is nonsense. Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot it released several months after the Xbox. Sony managed well this generation with the PS3 despite the downfalls it encountered bcuz Playstation was a very strong brand and bcuz the PS3 housed great tech. But that brand has greatly diminished since the PS2 era and cannot survive yet another late release. Just look at the turnaround ATI made with beating NVIDIA out of the gate with DX11 graphics cards. I wish analysts would think a bit more about the situation present instead of making blindly assessments assuming a repeat of the current generation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Nice spec list.

Veteran
    Sony probably doesn't want to finalize a next generation console configuration until 2014 but they probably have a contingency plan if MS forces the cards again.

Sony knows Nvidia Maxwell does not mature until 2014 and a dual octacore Power7 won't be feasible until then, economically and technically. But this time around, the primary technologies are not up in the air and unknowns like the Blu-ray and Cell were in 2005.

They are probably going to follow MS's lead and have a backup design with technology available later this year or early next year, to go into production in 2013, if MS jumps the gun again. It isn't the best situation for the gamer because the PS4 would end up having to come out with less than the dream specs of 2014.

We know from past history that IBM can work with the console manufacturers pretty much in secret while developing customized console CPU's, very little leaks out except for vague rumors. It won't be a Cell BE but there has been a lot of work with the Cell EVO and Power7 that give indications customized CPU development is going on behind the curtain.

There are now laptops showing up with GTX580M which is another indicator, where a GPU form factor requiring a huge card and massive cooling is scaled down small enough and power consumption reduced to fit in a laptop. Sony could go with a dual GPU, similar to the GTX590 customized for the console.

Even if there is a preliminary reveal at E3 2012, the specs and configuration won't be written in stone and a lot could change by the time alpha devkits start being shown. It does seem that both Sony and MS do want to upstage Nintendo though.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

24. Likes !SG! likes this post
    Super Elite
    The Wii U is completely underpowered for a next generation console, and it will barely have an edge in visuals for the brief period it will have.

26. Likes !SG! likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    A Playstation magazine says the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox 3? Who whudda thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This. I think both companies have shown what their philosophies are, and I don't see that changing. 720 will be your all in one tv box, streaming media, kinect games and predominantly 3rd party games. PS4 will be the core gaming machine, housing games from Sonys 1st party army with Vita and Move intergration.
    I see the Xbox 3 as the all in one gaming and media box. Core, casual, first and third party, with unparalleled app and mobile support and seamless integration with PC gaming, essentially doubling the size of the Live community that interacts.

28. Likes !SG! likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    A Playstation magazine says the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox 3? Who whudda thunk it?

I see the Xbox 3 as the all in one gaming and media box. Core, casual, first and third party, with unparalleled app and mobile support and seamless integration with PC gaming, essentially doubling the size of the Live community that interacts.
    Yea, I think it will appeal to all. I'm expecting some significant improvements in all areas. That goes for both consoles.

PSN ID
    ike_n_marth
    I dont think anything else would make me want to buy either of the new ones. But, I will end up doing it any ways,

Thread Information