Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    The Xbox 360 released bcuz it was the start of the next generation for Sony and Nintendo. Of course, MS released Xbox 360 a bit earlier to beat the others out of the gate with the next generation and secure a good footing for software sales. But what I am getting at is that software sales is not thee determinant factor in when new consoles arrive, as software sales never go down due to being stuck in a generation. The next generation, like this current one, will come when they feel the graphics will be marketable to do so.
    Bbut next gen will start when sony says so!

Thank you itachi

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Well, a big difference between the current generation and last generation of consoles is that Sony performed much better with the PlayStation 2 in sales due to it having a larger library of games, despite the Xbox and Gamecube having more powerful hardware as evident by titles like Doom 3 and Resident Evil 4. However, there are only a small number of exclusives coming out like The Last of Us and Final Fantasy Versus XIII that look like they will max out the hardware. Maybe even Grand Theft Auto V when you consider the scale of the game.

This isn't to say that there won't be a lot of great games coming out because gameplay is what people care about the most, myself included. But for those of you who are looking forward to better-looking games there is nothing wrong with the prospect of playing on next-gen home consoles. It's perfectly natural.
    Last edited by Black; 01-09-2012 at 23:41.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    They have already given out dev kits for the PS4 like a year ago. So really, I am sure the PS4 will be hitting the stores next year at the very most. That gives devs at least 2.5 to 3 years to make a game or two. who knows, they could have handed them out earlier also. But yea about 2.5 to 3 years, games are usually made by then, even more so with Ubisoft which whips them out pretty fast as well as EA. I am pretty sure they will have a good launch and at the same time I am sure that the store will carry over to the PS4 since PSN is a network as well as HOME. hopefully they change the interface to something awesome.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    Most obvious Microsoft will go for the casuals, as it's easy money and games will cost much less to develop because they don't need to be graphical beasts as casuals don't care for that. So thinking the X72O will be much less powerful than the PS4 is obvious too as Sony will target hardcore gamers.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Bbut next gen will start when sony says so!
    I kinda find it funny when people say that as a mock, why?
    Cuz in a way, it did

Sent from my 12.5MP, DualCore, Bravia Powered 720p LED Screened Sony Xperia S

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

6. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    There better be massively more power all around. I'd just have to wonder how will Sony help the tech front with this one? CD, DVD, and Blu-ray have taken hold with the help of PlayStation in the past but what with they do this time, or will it be the 7th gen part 2 where we update what what we have and actually deliver what they promised before we started this gen? either way I think it's safe to say I'm fully on the Next gen hype bandwagon

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    maybe the losses incured by sony will felt right through to the ps4's final hardware...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    There better be massively more power all around. I'd just have to wonder how will Sony help the tech front with this one? CD, DVD, and Blu-ray have taken hold with the help of PlayStation in the past but what with they do this time, or will it be the 7th gen part 2 where we update what what we have and actually deliver what they promised before we started this gen? either way I think it's safe to say I'm fully on the Next gen hype bandwagon
    That is one thing about Sony, what they fail to deliver on one console they make up for it in the next, alot of what the PS3 does was promised with PS2.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    maybe the losses incured by sony will felt right through to the ps4's final hardware...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm banking on the ps4 giving gamers a bang for their bucks judging by what the vita offers.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

The Heisman
    Sony. More power. Less functionality.

Yes I am riding the negative train.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    With their financial situation, power is something that shouldn't be the focus. Ease of development and services.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sony's strategy seems more about focussing on it's core strengths, not gimping them. I don't think Sony are gonna release a no thrills console just cause they are restructuring and refocusing. Sony has always been about jamming in the tech, just look at Vita. The next PS will continue that legacy, just not in GIGANTIC leaps and bounds.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-12-2012 at 03:28.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

14. Likes The Sith wishes they had posted this first.
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Sounds cool but sony needs to be thinking about some cost cutting at this point. With their financial status I don't see them bringing this any time soon.
    With their financial situation, power is something that shouldn't be the focus. Ease of development and services.
    I'm starting to see a pattern here....:sly:

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I'm starting to see a pattern here....:sly:

No need to sugar coat things. I think getting back to where they were financially is and should be their top priority. Going all out on power for the next gen is totally unnecessary IMO. Trying to one up MS in that department is really not a smart thing. They have what they need to battle MS next gen, which is tremendous 1st party support. 3rd party will be there regardless.Next gen there will be very little to separate the two. There will be no format or ease of development advantages. I think both have learned their lesson this gen.

As for sony's finances, there has to be great concern there. Even though the PS division weren't as bad as the others, it does have an effect. With losses that big, I really don't see how it doesn't. Then you have to add releasing PS4 earlier than they would have because of pressure from MS. Not really much they can do about that though. They can't afford to rest on their behinds now or MS may try to do to them what Apple did with the portable music market and that will be bad for the industry. Hopefully, that won't happen because i think the two need each other more than they will admit.

I will say this. They are headed in the right direction by not going with the cell for PS4. Probably saved a bunch of money with that move and 3rd party devs will welcome that with open arms.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-12-2012 at 06:09.

17. Dislikes Nitey is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Superior Member
    No need to sugar coat things. I think getting back to where they were financially is and should be their top priority. Going all out on power for the next gen is totally unnecessary IMO. Trying to one up MS in that department is really not a smart thing. They have what they need to battle MS next gen, which is tremendous 1st party support. 3rd party will be there regardless.Next gen there will be very little to separate the two. There will be no format or ease of development advantages. I think both have learned their lesson this gen.

As for sony's finances, there has to be great concern there. Even though the PS division weren't as bad as the others, it does have an effect. With losses that big, I really don't see how it doesn't. Then you have to add releasing PS4 earlier than they would have because of pressure from MS. Not really much they can do about that though. They can't afford to rest on their behinds now or MS may try to do to them what Apple did with the portable music market and that will be bad for the industry. Hopefully, that won't happen because i think the two need each other more than they will admit.

I will say this. They are headed in the right direction by not going with the cell for PS4. Probably saved a bunch of money with that move and 3rd party devs will welcome that with open arms.
    How do you know the PS4 is releasing early? Maybe releasing it whenever they do was their intention from the start.

I think Sony will release a pretty powerful console but probably very similar to the Xbox (Maybe a little more powerful) so the cost wont be to high on release.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    How do you know the PS4 is releasing early? Maybe releasing it whenever they do was their intention from the start.
    By early I mean earlier than they really need to. I highly doubt that it was their intention from the start. The next xbox is definitely playing a role in the PS4 launch. Just like PS3 forced MS to launch early this gen.

I think Sony will release a pretty powerful console but probably very similar to the Xbox (Maybe a little more powerful) so the cost wont be to high on release.
    Of course the the console will be powerful. Both of them will be but it shouldn't be their main focus. The focus for Sony should be on software and services. IMO that will be the best way to battle MS and Apple next gen. Most gamers don't go out and buy consoles because of power. They need to continue the great 1st party support and improve the services for next gen and they will be fine. Trying to outspend MS in R&D is probably not the best idea. just my opinion though. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-12-2012 at 14:47.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't think Sony tries to outspend anyone, they just like making crazy, tech jammed devices. I think the next PS might be 1.5 times more powerful graphically but with native 720 or 1080p and solid framerates. I also think it will focus on this interactive 3D patent seen recently, or will generally better able at 3D. Sony are focusing more and more on the ecosystem surrounding the console. I think 3D, Move 2.0 and 1st party content is what Sony will bring next gen. I also think PS4 and Xbox3 will be more or less equal in power, and that next gens battle will be fought in the arena of the way we experience the games as well as the games themselves. It'll be all about media and apps and having all your music and video etc on the go, on your mobiles, laptops blah blah. Couple that with..."The Cloud"...and the next gen consoles will basically be game consoles and home based entertainment hubs, accessible by mobiles, handhelds, tablets etc. I'm personally hoping for interactive 3D, Move 2.0, heavy Vita integration and media streaming etc.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I don't think Sony tries to outspend anyone, they just like making crazy, tech jammed devices. I think the next PS might be 1.5 times more powerful graphically but with native 720 or 1080p and solid framerates. I also think it will focus on this interactive 3D patent seen recently, or will generally better able at 3D. Sony are focusing more and more on the ecosystem surrounding the console. I think 3D, Move 2.0 and 1st party content is what Sony will bring next gen. I also think PS4 and Xbox3 will be more or less equal in power, and that next gens battle will be fought in the arena of the way we experience the games as well as the games themselves. It'll be all about media and apps and having all your music and video etc on the go, on your mobiles, laptops blah blah. Couple that with..."The Cloud"...and the next gen consoles will basically be game consoles and home based entertainment hubs, accessible by mobiles, handhelds, tablets etc. I'm personally hoping for interactive 3D, Move 2.0, heavy Vita integration and media streaming etc.
    That's what I meant by improved services. Power won't really separate the two as much as some may think.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Sounds pretty cool ghost but tbh im happy with the functionality the PS3 provides.
    Sure remoteplay is impressive but i never used it again after trying it when i got the VITA.

Give me more power and new exciting games and im happy.
    I just don't know when im supposed to consume all the media that's available
    -My new bluerays are piling up because i don't have time to watch them
    -There are alot of games our right now that i want to play /more are coming soon
    -Streaming services are getting more and more attractive etc. etc.

It's almost too much right now

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Sounds pretty cool ghost but tbh im happy with the functionality the PS3 provides.
    Sure remoteplay is impressive but i never used it again after trying it when i got the VITA.

Give me more power and new exciting games and im happy.
    I just don't know when im supposed to consume all the media that's available
    -My new bluerays are piling up because i don't have time to watch them
    -There are alot of games our right now that i want to play /more are coming soon
    -Streaming services are getting more and more attractive etc. etc.

It's almost too much right now
    But...remote play! I can access ANY video or song on my laptop through the PS3/Vita combo. I can leave a movie or whatever on download in the morning and then stream it onto my Vita later when it's done. I LOVE that shit. You're right though, the PS3 already provides a shitload of functionality with it's various accessories. I really want this interactive 3D next gen.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think both next gen consoles will be very similar in power just like this gen.

25. Likes Cuguy wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I think both next gen consoles will be very similar in power just like this gen.

probably even more so than they were this gen. no format wars now.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    probably even more so than they were this gen. no format wars now.
    I agree. Both consoles will have adequate storage and no format wars. No more 1 disc vs two discs or mandatory install vs no mandatory install.

28. Likes Cuguy wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. Both consoles will have adequate storage and no format wars. No more 1 disc vs two discs or mandatory install vs no mandatory install.
    yup.. it will come down to cpu/gpu and memory.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    yup.. it will come down to cpu/gpu and memory.
    Agreed. And I believe those will be more similar than people think. And both will want to launch developer friendly and competitively priced.

Thread Information