Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I think both next gen consoles will be very similar in power just like this gen.
    Same here.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see the exclusives being offered by both Sony and Microsoft.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Agreed. And I believe those will be more similar than people think. And both will want to launch developer friendly and competitively priced.

I think overall, it will be more of a feature war than a game war.
    LMAO

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Same here.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see the exclusives being offered by both Sony and Microsoft.
    But we know those. Halo 56 and GOW 45 along with ms geting Cod 876 content first lol jk. Bring on the new exclusives hopefully some more dark soul type games.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I think overall, it will be more of a feature war than a game war.
    I think youre right.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Anyone else going to be kinda pissed if there's no talk of next gen at e3 from sony or MS?

6. Likes Black Beast, Itachi , Cuguy likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Anyone else going to be kinda pissed if there's no talk of next gen at e3 from sony or MS?
    I can picture that happening and the internet rage that follows. lol Although personally I'm still enjoying this gen but some new hardware would be exciting. I'm going into this E3 without any expectations.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    yup LOL
    LMAO

Selected Members Council
    Definitely. I find it hard to believe that Sony will spend all of their time talking about the PlayStation 3 and Vita. Last year's E3 wasn't very exciting either.

Soldier 95B
    I get the feeling that this will be one of the WORST E3's to date this gen. Nearing the end of the console lives, no huge exclusives, no announcements of new consoles. I think it will be all services (PSN/XBL), 3rd party games, Move/Kinect, Wii U, maybe a couple more accessories such as controller colors or some fancy dancy console bundles....and a price drop.

Master Sage
    I can picture that happening and the internet rage that follows. lol Although personally I'm still enjoying this gen but some new hardware would be exciting. I'm going into this E3 without any expectations.
    I almost made it but all these rumors as of late has pulled me to the darkside lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    yup LOL
    I'm going to try and stay out of next gen threads if there's nothing revealed at e3. Unless of course I see "Sony/MS confirmed" in the title.
    Definitely. I find it hard to believe that Sony will spend all of their time talking about the PlayStation 3 and Vita. Last year's E3 wasn't very exciting either.
    I feel the same way. They're making profit now but their sales have hit a bit of a standstill. I hope they announce more than just a price cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I get the feeling that this will be one of the WORST E3's to date this gen. Nearing the end of the console lives, no huge exclusives, no announcements of new consoles. I think it will be all services (PSN/XBL), 3rd party games, Move/Kinect, Wii U, maybe a couple more accessories such as controller colors or some fancy dancy console bundles....and a price drop.
    I can see this happening too.

Sony:I'm going to be wondering which of their 1st party studios are working on next gen software and which are going to squeeze out one last current gen game.

MS:We have halo4 and forza 5 coming from their 1st party. Rare with the kinect stuff...I'm wondering which 3rd party they have making their next gen exclusive outside of the expected Gears.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-12-2012 at 21:17.

Selected Members Council
    I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will focus a lot on the Wii U at this year's E3. But I'm wondering if that's going to pressure Sony and Microsoft into revealing their own next-gen consoles. I just have a hard time believing they would be okay with letting Nintendo get the head-start again.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-12-2012 at 21:19.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    No huge exclusives? I consider Halo 4 to be a huge exclusive but other than that I pretty much agree. Although I'm interested in whats planned for Vita and am curious about the Wii U. Sony will no doubt be focusing on Vita while MS bores us to death with Kinect. Hopefully MS will at least demo Halo 4 and maybe give us some Forza 5 info especially since I'm a huge Forza fan.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-12-2012 at 21:23.

Soldier 95B
    No huge exclusives? I consider Halo 4 to be a huge exclusive but other than that I pretty much agree. Although I'm interested in whats planned for Vita and am curious about the Wii U. Sony will no doubt be focusing on Vita while MS bores us to death with Kinect. Hopefully MS will at least demo Halo 4 and maybe give us some Forza 5 info.
    I guess I mean huge exclusive announcements coming on the PS3/360 that haven't been announced. I get the feeling that those exclusives are being worked on for NEXT gen machines.

Vita will be huge (price drop announcement for that too?)

I think they will skip Forza 5 and that will debut as an Xbox 3 title next year.

I personally am looking forward to more Kinect stuff. I am loving the core implementation they have been doing.

Master Sage
    I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will focus a lot on the Wii U at this year's E3. But I'm wondering if that's going to pressure Sony and Microsoft into revealing their own next-gen consoles.
    I'm not sure. That's probably going to depend on how strong their 3rd party support is. If they go snatching call of duty content along with the other big titles then I think MS/Sony will show their cards.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I guess I mean huge exclusive announcements coming on the PS3/360 that haven't been announced. I get the feeling that those exclusives are being worked on for NEXT gen machines. Vita will be huge (price drop announcement for that too?) I think they will skip Forza 5 and that will debut as an Xbox 3 title next year. I personally am looking forward to more Kinect stuff. I am loving the core implementation they have been doing.
    Oh ok I gotcha. Yeah Forza 5 could very well end up a next gen title. And yeah little by little I do see more core type implementations with the Kinect.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    By early I mean earlier than they really need to. I highly doubt that it was their intention from the start. The next xbox is definitely playing a role in the PS4 launch. Just like PS3 forced MS to launch early this gen.
    That works both ways. The fact that MS wants to come out early is because they don't wanna give Sony time to design their console and come out when they feel is strategically right.

At the same time, Sony doesn't want to take too long and let MS come out early and get a head start.

The pressure is on all competitors.

18. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That works both ways.
    Yea, I think I covered that when I said that PS3 forced Ms to launch early this gen.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea, I think I covered that when I said that PS3 forced Ms to launch early this gen.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Yes but I'm particularly talking about next-gen.

Practically every gen is like that.

For example, PS3 was seen as a delayed item to this market due to 360 being out for a year already.

I also don't think that PS3 was the reason why 360 was rushed...I think MS just wanted a headstart. I don't think they would've done more to the 360, other than the obvious QA problems. I'd say that PS3 would've come out much later, were it not for the successful 360 launch.

PS3 really started to get a decent amount of development in 2008...that sort of shows that they weren't ready.

Anyway, that's just how the market works...all sides are forced by one another to do things.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Man if they do come out same year it is going to be a good start to the next gen wars.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I am hoping for something at E3, a huge shock, or as Darrel on Storage Wars would say "The WOW factor!". This years E3 will be the huge highlight of the Wii U from Nintendo, MS and Sony will for surely do something to steal some thunder from their new console showcase. I hope.

9 years and counting!

Forum Overseer

^That's funny you said that because I've just been watching storage wars on netflix, like just started this week.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Yes but I'm particularly talking about next-gen.

Practically every gen is like that.

For example, PS3 was seen as a delayed item to this market due to 360 being out for a year already.

I also don't think that PS3 was the reason why 360 was rushed...I think MS just wanted a headstart. I don't think they would've done more to the 360, other than the obvious QA problems. I'd say that PS3 would've come out much later, were it not for the successful 360 launch.

PS3 really started to get a decent amount of development in 2008...that sort of shows that they weren't ready.

Anyway, that's just how the market works...all sides are forced by one another to do things.
    They wanted to minimize losses from the xbox.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    It will be funny if both consoles will be of similar and not so amazing specs. lol

Next Xbox 'to boast ridiculously powerful 16-core CPU'
    Last edited by MjW; 04-13-2012 at 07:25.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    It will be funny if both consoles will be of similar and not so amazing specs. lol

Next Xbox 'to boast ridiculously powerful 16-core CPU'
    That's exactly what's going to happen. People shouldn't get their hopes up over rumors.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Man if they do come out same year it is going to be a good start to the next gen wars.
    And I will get my ban hammer ready.

Another console war... whoopee
    LMAO

Thread Information