Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Captainnippon
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    The big plus for Sony is that Kaz is fluent in Japanese and English. This might be the first time for that. Ken Kutaragi didn't speak English and Stringer doesn't speak Japanese.

    Also, Stringer is splitting time between residences in Tokyo, New York, London and Wales. He is only renting an apartment in Tokyo and this is not the basis for a solid connection with corporate. When he first took the position of CEO, he planned to live in New York and just spend weekends in Tokyo, kind of giving an indication where his priorities lie.

    Stringer looks like a tough old buzzard but nobody can keep a straight and focused train of thought flying that much and that often. Plus, for him to be flying as much as he is means he must be flying in a corporate jet, no way flying airlines would fit in that routine. Stringer has also been pretty powerful in the selection of British people for promotion and they have been kind of PR disasters. They seem to be kind of out of it where Sony is concerned. These factors probably have been the main reason for all the confused, conflicting things coming out of Sony, with all kinds of mistranslations and confusing statements.

    Kaz is going to be able to look over these press releases, usually originating in Japanese, at least the English translation, then know when they are being (mis)translated all over the place. The other thing is Kaz was SCEA for quite awhile and very familiar with life in the US. Kaz is also much younger, much more aware of the technology market and is a big Playstation supporter, a Playstation fanboy.
    You brought up an excellent point. Stringer doesn't live in Tokyo at all, he spend more time in America then Japan, he also travel back and fore to the UK on the weekend to be with his wife. Sony is based in Tokyo, the CEO need to grounded himself with the heart and soul of the company and he need to connect himself to the rest of the company. He wasn't even in Japan when the Earthquake happened on March 11. I'm not saying him being there will make any differences, but it would have been a wonderful thing for the CEO of Sony to go out and talk to some of the employees that lived in the earthquake area.

    Stringer didn't even should up until weeks later. It's SHAMEFUL if you ask me.

    Here is another issue I have with Stringer, his PAYCHECK. Stringer made $9.1 million in 2010 and $8.5 million in 2011, after Sony reported in biggest lose in the company history of $3.1 billion. Can someone explain how Stringer made that much money when Sony LOSE MONEY? The answer he PAID himself that much because he was the Chairman, CEO and President. Fujio Cho, CEO and Chairman of Canon wasn't even on the top 10 highest paid CEO in Japan and Canon posted a $3.8 billion Net Income for march 31/2011.

    http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201107190349.html

  2. #27
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainnippon View Post
    Here is another issue I have with Stringer, his PAYCHECK. Stringer made $9.1 million in 2010 and $8.5 million in 2011, after Sony reported in biggest lose in the company history of $3.1 billion. Can someone explain how Stringer made that much money when Sony LOSE MONEY? The answer he PAID himself that much because he was the Chairman, CEO and President. Fujio Cho, CEO and Chairman of Canon wasn't even on the top 10 highest paid CEO in Japan and Canon posted a $3.8 billion Net Income for march 31/2011.

    http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201107190349.html
    Yikes

  3. #28
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,415
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    21,947 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Wow, so they still plan to promote him at a later date? That's good enough for me! Kaz is the man and I think he would kick ass at the helm.
    The original article from Nikkei wasn't totally debunked, Sony came out and said it was incorrect that any decision had been made yet. However, there are indications it is coming up to the board for a review.

    And there seems to be some confusion about what it means for Stringer and Kaz. Stringer is Chairman and CEO. He decided to also absorb the position of President, about two years ago, with the justification he needed the extra power to perform the changes he thought were needed.

    If the board decides to make Kaz President, that doesn't mean Stringer stops being Chairman and CEO. Stringer turns 70 next year and the speculation is 2013 when he will step aside, with the general behind the scenes consensus that Kaz is the man to take over from there, meaning Chairman and CEO but not necessarily also President. In fact, if Kaz becomes Chairman and CEO, it is highly unlikely he would also retain the President position. But Stringer has also made some statements recently that indicated he is in no hurry to retire.

    It is very unusual for a CEO to also be Chairman and President. Most corporations usually have 3 separate people, one for each of these positions, the Chairman usually being in an advisory position, the CEO as head of operations and the President running daily operations, reporting to the CEO. It is kind of a wonder how Stringer is convincing the board that his occupying all three positions is a good thing, especially since the results aren't indicating it is a good thing plus him spending most of his time with his family in New York and England.

    All this stuff is internal to Sony corporate and the facts are only going to come out once official decisions are made. It sounds like the board does think there is a need for review which may be occurring soon. Sony is going to report a negative balance for FY11 3rd quarter which ended Dec. 31, 2011 of about $1B but the sale of their share of the LCD development business to Samsung is supposed to close before the end of the FY11 4th quarter, Mar. 31, 2012. This would pretty much balance out the loss, so their FY11 final will be almost even, maybe slightly negative, or possibly somewhat positive based on the Playstation division holiday sales.

    So, it is not a done deal but all the indicators are pointing to removing the President position from Stringer and appointing Kaz.

    Sony Says Board Hasn?t Decided to Elevate Hirai to President
    January 06, 2012

    Jan. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Sony Corp. said it hasn?t made a formal decision to elevate Executive Deputy President Kaz Hirai to president.

    No decision has been made by Sony?s board, which is entrusted with making such appointments, Shiro Kambe, a company spokesman in Tokyo, said today in an e-mail. He declined to comment further.

    The Japanese news service Nikkei reported earlier that Hirai, 51, would be promoted to president by April, while Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Howard Stringer would retain his posts. Such a move would be in keeping with the consumer electronics company?s current succession plans.

    Stringer, 69, told Bloomberg Businessweek in November that he doesn?t plan to step down soon. His latest three-year turnaround plan ends in March 2013, at which point Hirai probably will take over, according to several people interviewed for that story.
    sauce
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  4. Likes Ghost likes this post
  5. #29
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,635
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    122,574 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainnippon View Post

    Stringer didn't even should up until weeks later. It's SHAMEFUL if you ask me.

    Here is another issue I have with Stringer, his PAYCHECK. Stringer made $9.1 million in 2010 and $8.5 million in 2011, after Sony reported in biggest lose in the company history of $3.1 billion. Can someone explain how Stringer made that much money when Sony LOSE MONEY? The answer he PAID himself that much because he was the Chairman, CEO and President. Fujio Cho, CEO and Chairman of Canon wasn't even on the top 10 highest paid CEO in Japan and Canon posted a $3.8 billion Net Income for march 31/2011.

    http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201107190349.html
    What a $#@!.

  6. #30
    Captainnippon
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    The original article from Nikkei wasn't totally debunked, Sony came out and said it was incorrect that any decision had been made yet. However, there are indications it is coming up to the board for a review.

    And there seems to be some confusion about what it means for Stringer and Kaz. Stringer is Chairman and CEO. He decided to also absorb the position of President, about two years ago, with the justification he needed the extra power to perform the changes he thought were needed.

    If the board decides to make Kaz President, that doesn't mean Stringer stops being Chairman and CEO. Stringer turns 70 next year and the speculation is 2013 when he will step aside, with the general behind the scenes consensus that Kaz is the man to take over from there, meaning Chairman and CEO but not necessarily also President. In fact, if Kaz becomes Chairman and CEO, it is highly unlikely he would also retain the President position. But Stringer has also made some statements recently that indicated he is in no hurry to retire.

    It is very unusual for a CEO to also be Chairman and President. Most corporations usually have 3 separate people, one for each of these positions, the Chairman usually being in an advisory position, the CEO as head of operations and the President running daily operations, reporting to the CEO. It is kind of a wonder how Stringer is convincing the board that his occupying all three positions is a good thing, especially since the results aren't indicating it is a good thing plus him spending most of his time with his family in New York and England.

    All this stuff is internal to Sony corporate and the facts are only going to come out once official decisions are made. It sounds like the board does think there is a need for review which may be occurring soon. Sony is going to report a negative balance for FY11 3rd quarter which ended Dec. 31, 2011 of about $1B but the sale of their share of the LCD development business to Samsung is supposed to close before the end of the FY11 4th quarter, Mar. 31, 2012. This would pretty much balance out the loss, so their FY11 final will be almost even, maybe slightly negative, or possibly somewhat positive based on the Playstation division holiday sales.

    So, it is not a done deal but all the indicators are pointing to removing the President position from Stringer and appointing Kaz.
    I think so too. Everyone is making such a big deal on Kaz promation to President. That just mean you're NUMBER 2 at Sony. Ask the last President, Ryoji Chubachi Ph.D. at Sony what happened to him? Stringer decided to FIRED Him so he can have more power to himself and paid himself the $8.5 million in 2011.

    I think it's about EGO for Stringer now, he's going to have to step down sooner or later and I think he's choosing later rather then now. With $5.1 loses in the last 3 years he just want to have a good profitable year before giving up.

    I think Stringer is clueless now how to run Sony now, that's why he's selling off the LCD plant in South Korea to Samsung for $950 million to choke up the balance sheet. Even with the 950 million into account Sony will probably end up with a annual lose of $400-$600 million.

    I am sticking with my gun until proven otherwise, Stringer will fire Kazuo Hirai before he step down so another westerner can RUN Sony and enslave the Japanese people.
    Last edited by Captainnippon; 01-21-2012 at 10:15.

  7. #31
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London/Tokyo
    Posts
    1,013
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,882 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainnippon View Post
    After 6.5 year there is still much work to be DONE? Are you seriously insane? What a ridiculous thing to say. Obviously you afraid a Japanese CEO will do a better job then Stringer, and that would embarrass the western world. If a Japanese founded Sony I am sure another Japanese can bring this company back to it former self. The best thing to do to rectify Sony is to get rid of those worthless trashs running the Sony.

    This is why you're insanely misguided. The new CEO of Apple is Tim Cook, he worked for the company in the last 15 years now. Cook was groomed by Steve Jobs in the last 5 years. So let me guess you have a problem with Tim Cook being CEO of Apple now because he was obviously groomed from within, or this is some fetish thing you have with Japanese company only?

    And who's fault is that again? Who's the CEO of Sony in the last 6.5 years? I know Stringer is your GOD so you can't say bad about him but I can. Stringer is an worthless piece of garbage. He's the reason why Sony is in the state it is now.

    This is exactly what I've been saying for the last few years. The business of the PS3 has nothing to do with Stringer. Just like the business of PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 both system lose money at the beginning of their cycle and end up massive profitable for Sony. The PlayStation 3 was no different, in comparison the PS3 is 10 time for more powerful then the PS2 so it's only natural it's more expensive to produces.

    The PlayStation business is very profit for Sony now.

    http://www.gamespy.com/articles/117/1170896p1.html

    Shut your mouth. Don't talk like you know what you're talking about. Anyone can say what you're saying to cover Stringer stupidity. You said the last few years not the entire 6.5 years? so what was Stringer doing in the first few years then? clearly you just wanted Stringer to stay at Sony longer so he can post a massive profit and say " Sony is BACK because of ME ". Isn't that right?

    I know this is not area I can't win, it doesn't matter what or how I say it because there are NO Japanese CEO (or Asian CEO) in the UK, while in Japan is a different story. So it easy for you to say nationality and skin colour doesn't matter when there are no Asian CEO in your country. No one really cares about you or your international workforce, did you honestly think those people get together and change the world or something? Does the UK have faster internet then Japane ? NO. Does the UK have faster and better celphone then japan? NO. Is therea UK company that is consider a rival to Sony, Apple or Samsung? NO. All the cars I see on the street last week where Japanese, American, Korean and German. NOT A SINGLE UK CAR. Land Rover was owned by Ford motors and is now owned by Tata Motors in India.

    So what is the bloody point for you to say the International talent pool in the UK is that and this when you guy can't even make a single cephone and sales it in Canada?

    Since you mentioned you work in the financial sector in the UK. Those international talent pool you talk highly about did they really help with Northern Rock going bankrupt and RBS getting a government bailout of 45 billion Euro? how about the 30 000 people layoff at RBS? I would assume that with 30 000 layoff they would mostly be international workers.

    No medication for me, I'm someone that see you for you who really ARE. A CANCER to this WORLD.
    Sony is an exceptionally large corporate enterprise with a significantly broad and complicated global asset & supply chain base that employs a workforce in excess of 160,000. Restructuring and cost-cutting is a gradual process, the last thing Sony needs in the present depressed market is endemic worker instability and asset fire sales.

    Due to the economic legacies of Sony, an international or home-grown CEO of Sony is going to struggle either way. The difference is that recruiting from the global talent pool increases the probability of Sony re-emerging as a successful international business.

    There are three key issues with your comparison with Tim Cook and Apple:
    - He has previously managed the company in Job's absence on several occasions and is accredited by the investment community of boosting Apple's already crazy returns in recent years.
    - Apple is a company with strong returns, market leading product and high operating margins; it isn't a company requiring a turn-around or further restructuring.
    - Since Cook took over the mantle of CEO, the performance of the business has continued its meteoritic rise; the quarterly figures are mind boggling, the net income of $13.1bn is insane, (the entire market cap of Sony is sub $20bn). Apple is worth more than Greece.

    Sony underestimated its competitors USP, price, strategy, and established a flawed business plan that was dependent upon PS2-era market dominance (i.e. ~70%) and a 10 year shelf-life. The R&D and tech cost had already been approved long before Stringer had taken the reigns which illustrates the ongoing issue of historical costs impairing present business performance. These (and other) long-term negative issues lead to the present situations such as the recent downgrading of Sony by Moody?s.

    2011 did indeed mark the first financial year that the NPS (previously the Game) division (now amalgamated into the Consumer division) generated a positive operating income of ?35.6bn since the launch of the PS3 several years ago.

    However that is contrast to Nintendo and Microsoft's ED division which have been profitable for several years and generate significant returns. Furthermore while Nintendo and Microsoft's ED division managed respectable operating margins of 17% and 15% respectively, Sony's NPS division generated a paltry operating margin of 2%. I don't blame this situation down to skin colour or nationality as you would; I blame it on poor management.

    I also did a quick check using the publicly available data from Forbes, and while you are correct that of the UK's top 10 corporate entities, there are no Asian CEO's, at the same time there are only three British CEO's. The remaining 7 CEO's being either American, Cote d? Ivorian, Dutch, Italian, South African or Swiss. The boards of Standard Chartered and HSBC do have Asian representatives however. According to Forbes' data, none of the top 10 Japanese corporate enterprises possess a non-Japanese CEO. Not sure what relevancy car manufacturing has to the present debate.

    Executive remuneration is a worldwide problem that is increasingly becoming detached from business performance and distorting pay relative to the general workforce. As someone who manages a results driven business, the payouts are unsustainable.

    Referring to me as a 'cancer' only illustrates your inability to enforce succinct points, or debate on a mature and dignified level.

  8. Likes *goo likes this post
  9. #32
    EuroPlayer
    Guest
    Sony is an exceptionally large corporate enterprise with a significantly broad and complicated global asset & supply chain base that employs a workforce in excess of 160,000. Restructuring and cost-cutting is a gradual process, the last thing Sony needs in the present depressed market is endemic worker instability and asset fire sales.
    Carlos Ghosn fixed up Nissan Motors in 2 years. Nissan in the last 10 has been exceptionally profitable. Japan Airline is back in Black after 1 year of government bailout. Where is Sony after 6.5 later with Stringer? No where. More pro western excuse for Stringer to stay in power.

    Due to the economic legacies of Sony, an international or home-grown CEO of Sony is going to struggle either way. The difference is that recruiting from the global talent pool increases the probability of Sony re-emerging as a successful international business.
    So Stringer is the talent pool you're talking about? This is extremely racist remark you have toward Japanese people. You basically saying Japanese are inferior so it's a lot better to have a Westerner in charge of a Japanese company. So why is Canon, another Japanese company with a Japanese CEO with $50 billion revenue in fiscal year 2011 and net income of $1.2 billion and $3.8 billion in 2010 so successful? Under Fujio Mitarai Canon CEO and Chairman, the company never posted a NET LOSE ONCE... NEVER.

    Is Tom Cook and Steve Jobs consider an international talent pool in your book? Is anyone beside Japanese an International talent pool in your Book? Obviously we know that Stringer is an International talent.

    How about Kazuo Hirai? Is he consider a International talent pool? We all know he's Japanese, so naturally you are against his ascending. Kaz speak English and Japanese perfectly. He worked at Sony music, Sony Computer entainment and now at Sony Corp. He's work in America for 25 years since 1984. He's been at Sony longer then Stringer and Andrew House.

    Kaz Hirai is the true definition of the International Talent pool you're talking about, but in your book he's not consider a international talent because of the color of his skin. I alway thought International talent are people that actually have worked outside of their country to gain more about world affairs and experiences. Naturally you have a different opinion, it's only Westerners, regardless if they only worked in American all their live like Stringer.

    In fact the Nobuyuki Idei, previous CEO at Sony are much more of an International talent pool then Stringer could ever hope to be. Idei worked in France and Switzerland in the 60's and speak both French and English, and Japanese too. He ran more businesses at Sony then Stringer ever did.

    Career: Sony Corporation,
    1960–1962, invoice preparer;
    1964–1968, manager, Sony's Swiss operations;
    1968–1972, established and led Sony France S.A.;
    1972–1979, manager, Europe Section, International Division;
    1979–1988, general manager in Japan, Audio Division, Audio Group; 1988–1990, senior general manager, Home Video Group;
    1990–1994, senior general manager, Advertising & Marketing Communication Strategy Group, and director, Design Center;
    1994–1995, senior general manager, Creative Communication Division, and managing director, Sony Corporation;
    1995–1998, representative director and chief operating officer;
    1995–2000, president;


    YOu are a RACIST at the deepest pit. Your views is anyone outside of Asian or Japan is consider a international talent pool therefore they are better to be CEO over any Japanese native. Andrew House in your book is an international talent pool because he's another Walsh. He's only worked in the UK all his life.

    Your flawed views and racist malice toward Japanese are lacking any real measure. As we all know the International talent you highly regards ran General Motors to the ground in 2009 and Toyota is still kicking high even with the earthquake and flood in Thailand.

    Under Nobuyuki Idei Sony previous CEO, in fiscal years


    1...1997 Net Income 1.1 billion
    2...1998 Net Income 1.6 billion
    3...1999 Net Income 1.4 billion
    4...2000 Net Income $1.1 Billion
    5...2001 Net Income $134 million
    6...2002 Net Income $115 million
    7...2003 Net Income $963 million
    8...2004 Net Income $851 million
    9...2005 Net Income $1.5 billion

    Under the leader the previous Japanese CEO, Sony NEVER POSTED A NET LOSE ONCE. When in history did Sony ever posted a $3 billion Net Lose in one year and $ 5 billion in 3 years? The answer is NEVER. Of course, you blamed the previous Japanese management for Stringer lose, even after 6 .5 years it's all Idei fault, he was the reason why Stringer had such a big lose in the last 3 years. Better yet lets blame on the PlayStation division because they spend billions on R&D and selling PS3 at a lose. It doesn't matter if the PS3 division made $436 million, it's still bad management because Nintendo and Microsoft made more money.

    Does this sound about right to you?

    If you look at these results how in the world did you ever think Sony was in trouble? Sure making $115 million 2002 isn't a lot but it's sure hell a lot better then losing $115 million. Any augment about Sony stagnant before Stringer era are flawed and it only engross Stringer leader in a Japanese company when he clearly is a failure.


    Sony underestimated its competitors USP, price, strategy, and established a flawed business plan that was dependent upon PS2-era market dominance (i.e. ~70%) and a 10 year shelf-life. The R&D and tech cost had already been approved long before Stringer had taken the reigns which illustrates the ongoing issue of historical costs impairing present business performance. These (and other) long-term negative issues lead to the present situations such as the recent downgrading of Sony by Moody?s.

    As I have stressed the PS3 was expensive because it was powerful. You expect Sony to made the PS3 without billions in R&D? PS3 like the PS2 and the PS1 were all expensive to produced. Sony went out to make the best product they could. The PS3 were a big lose at the beginning because Sony had to sales it at a lose, around $200 for each unit.

    The Model for PS3 was the same model Ken Kutaragi used for PS2. You are obviously not complaining about the business model Sony used for the PS2. Microsoft and Nintendo had the advantage over price at launch. Also more American developer were jumping on Microsoft to support homegrown. Sony lost a lot American exclusives.

    You simply can't tell me 4 discs is better then 1 blu ray disc?

    It's easy for you to say what you say about the PS3 because it's was losing a lot of money. However in the long run, Sony will make money on the PS3. Sony have already sold over 60 million units and the division is making $436 million, when it's over and said Sony will made back all the money invested in Blu ray and Cell.


    However that is contrast to Nintendo and Microsoft's ED division which have been profitable for several years and generate significant returns. Furthermore while Nintendo and Microsoft's ED division managed respectable operating margins of 17% and 15% respectively, Sony's NPS division generated a paltry operating margin of 2%. I don't blame this situation down to skin colour or nationality as you would; I blame it on poor management.
    $436 million profit is no pocket change. If your business made money you made money that's that the bottom line. This is probably your weakest attempt of smearing Kaz Hirai name, since he's in charge of this group that is profitable. Even if the operating margin is at 2% it's still a profit. Only someone like you see that a flaw because the division is run by Japanese.

    I don't blame this situation down to skin colour or nationality as you would; I blame it on poor management.
    So you're blaming Stringer for the $3 billion in 2011 and $5 billion Net Lose Sony had in the last 3 years right? You can't tell me with a straight face that Kaz Hirai is bad leader when his division had a profit of $436 million and Stringer the international talent pool is Saint when Sony under him posted $3 billion lose in 2011, Sony biggest lose ever.

    Referring to me as a 'cancer' only illustrates your inability to enforce succinct points, or debate on a mature and dignified level.
    Whatever you claim you are, you definitely a racist and western fascist, Everything you said and point of views claimed you are. Deep down in your heart you would never like to see a Japanese regain control of Sony again, because with a Western CEO you could say whatever you like so you could feel better inside that empty soul of your. With a western CEO people like you could say whatever you you like about Sony and using Sony as a pretext to spread you hatred of Japanese society and culture, of which you have been saying in your past post.

    You could never say anything bad about Nintendo, Honda, Toyota or Canon because they very profitable Japanese companies. However, if any of these company have a Western CEO like Sony, with a failure performances like stringer you'll be the first to attack Japanese management of these companies just like you did with Sony.

    YOU ARE NOT JAPANESE. Still claim you're Japanese so you can talk bad about Japanese?
    Last edited by EuroPlayer; 01-26-2012 at 11:53.

  10. #33
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,584
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    33,909 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Right,

    Ive already taken action against Captainnippon, so there is no need for anyone else to reply to him.

    Please get back on topic.

    33x

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  11. #34
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    To be fair, the topic is pretty much dead without the 'exchanges' between the above members.

    Not gonna lie, I enjoyed reading it. Learnt some new things lol

  12. #35
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,584
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    33,909 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    True, but he took it one step too far and his resulting infraction, earnt him an auto 30 day ban, which he now bypassed.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  13. #36
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    True, but he took it one step too far and his resulting infraction, earnt him an auto 30 day ban, which he now bypassed.
    Roger that

  14. #37
    Master Sage
    Nuvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,842
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,755 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    To those who doubted this thread
    Kazuo Hirai Named Sony President
    Sony has announced that Kazuo Hirai will take over as president and chief executive officer of Sony, according to Bloomberg.

    The change was rumoured at the beginning of January, but Sony declined to comment officially at the time.

    Hirai will step down from his current position as chief of consumer products, a position he has held since last April, to replace Howard Stringer, who will take up a new role as chairman of the board.

    Hirai joined the company in 1984, and has been integral to the development and the success of the PlayStation brand.

    With Sony facing its fourth consecutive year of losses, a big challenge awaits Hirai, who said in a statement, "The path we must take is clear - to drive the growth of our core electronics businesses."

    The change will be effective as of April 1.

    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.


  15. #38
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,415
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    21,947 (0 Banked)
    Stringer was already acting like he was semi-retired anyway, if he is spending most of his time in New York and England, basically a boss that is never in the office. The surprise of this news is that Kaz also became CEO, meaning from then on, Kaz will be running the company daily operations and calling the shots.

    And these news releases are all presuming Sony ends with another loss year at the end of this fiscal year. If the sale of the LCD partnership back to Samsung closes before the end of the FY, plus holiday sales and scaling back in the TV manufacturing could result in the FY being flat, a slight loss or slight gain.

    A big problem is with the collapsing Euro and the declining value of the dollar, way too many countries started buying yen, making goods from Japan much more expensive elsewhere. With LED-LCD HDTV prices collapsing, there is no way to make a profit on them with a high valued currency, and higher paid workforce. Kaz has a massive workload as soon as he takes over.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.