Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

Ron Paul OWNS Gingrich on Draft Debate

This is just ****ing classic. This is the best shoot down of one of Gingrich's attacks where he accuses Ron Paul of having inaccurate information.

Just for the record and just out of fairness. Gingrich did have two kids, just like Ron Paul and he was "receiving education".

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...oxH_UDMOivnyxQ

But let's not forget that Paul had two kids as well and he went. This just makes Gingrich's stance on foreign policy that much more dubious. Chicken-hawk, Gingrich is.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Rofl!! it's funny when people attack this guy. All RP has to do is say only a few things. if you watch the other candidates attack each other, they try to defend themselves with a long defense on that subject. RP just says one sentence and it works. :X
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 01-09-2012 at 23:38.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the guy is the truth

Super Elite

This was by far the most idiotic thing to come out, during the whole debate.

Obama 2012, all the way.
    Last edited by Cyklops; 01-10-2012 at 00:37.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post

This was by far the most idiotic thing to come out in the whole debate.

Obama 2012, all the way.
    Yeah, but this is Rick Perry. The guy makes it a habit to say all kinds of stupid **** and, unfortunately, there are people who believe him. And it's not like Obama is a shining beacon of hope either. As far as I'm concerned, Ron Paul is the only hope America has right now.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Context?
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Superior Member
    This was great, I can't wait for tonight's Daily Show. If Iran can travel at the speed of light do we really need their oil. Happy I got that in before the flaming starts.
    Last edited by Gregorious; 01-10-2012 at 00:46.

SOTW...Get in there and Vote people

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Yeah, but this is Rick Perry. The guy makes it a habit to say all kinds of stupid **** and, unfortunately, there are people who believe him. And it's not like Obama is a shining beacon of hope either. As far as I'm concerned, Ron Paul is the only hope America has right now.
    lol..Perry reminds me of Bush.. America is not in as bad of shape as most of theses politicians want people to believe. Its all politics. Most of them are just using the state of the economy and foreign policy to get votes....but it most likely won't work.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    ron paul says some good things, then throws it all out the window when he talks about foreign policy. Newt is the most qualified person for the job. but i'm tempted to dig up Theodore Roosevelt because he would still be a better president than our current one, or anyone running. someone get Christie to run goddamnit

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Guru
    what's wrong with is his foreign policy?

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    ron paul says some good things, then throws it all out the window when he talks about foreign policy. Newt is the most qualified person for the job. but i'm tempted to dig up Theodore Roosevelt because he would still be a better president than our current one, or anyone running. someone get Christie to run goddamnit
    As far as I'm concerned, his foreign policy is one of his greatest strengths. Unfortunately, so many have been brainwashed into thinking that if we allow Iran to go nuclear in any fashion, it will mean the end of Israel and the west. All that's happening is American politicians are warmongering and setting up the USA for a self-fulfilling prophecy scenario. America's aggressiveness towards Iran is going to lead to war.

Forum Sage
    =Funeralfog;5745992]ron paul says some good things, then throws it all out the window when he talks about foreign policy. Newt is the most qualified person for the job. but i'm tempted to dig up Theodore Roosevelt because he would still be a better president than our current one, or anyone running.
    Obama isn't the greatest but not nearly as bad as people make him out to be.

someone get Christie to run goddamnit
    Why? so he can eat us into more dept....lol That fat ass can't even run his weight. How can he run the country. He is just another guy who says extreme **** to get attention. He won't run because he knows he can't win. People won't admit it but they won't vote for a overweight person to be president. Huntsman is the only one I really respect because he doesn't say all the stupid **** to get people to like him.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Obama isn't the greatest but not nearly as bad as people make him out to be.
    The thing about Obama is he had to clean up after Bush Jr's mistakes in the past 4 years - Afganistan war, Iraq war, economic crisis, Osama Bin Laden, foreign policy, etc., that he himself hasn't had much chance to bring the change both he as a president, and we as the people deserve. Re-electing him, I would say, is the best decision in today's situation. He's got the country somewhat under control, and bringing a new president will just bring the country back to square one.

Superior Member
    The thing about Obama is he had to clean up after Bush Jr's mistakes in the past 4 years - Afganistan war, Iraq war, economic crisis, Osama Bin Laden, foreign policy, etc., that he himself hasn't had much chance to bring the change both he as a president, and we as the people deserve. Re-electing him, I would say, is the best decision in today's situation. He's got the country somewhat under control, and bringing a new president will just bring the country back to square one.
    So why is it so many declare he is the worst president in history? Aside from all the blatantly racist ones, there are many that were downright dictatorial in there positions. My other question is why does approval rating mean so much when it comes to the "success" of a president? From a curious Canadian.

From what I've seen people are actually using what he did well as a reason to get rid of him.

1. He spent alot of time trying to find middle ground with the Repubs
    2. He wouldn't answer a question people already new the answer to
    3. He wanted to put terrorists or suspected ones on trial
    4. He's followed local traditions where ever he went
    5. He ended one of the wars.

Actually they're right thats horrible, how dare he.

15. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    Master Guru
    because so far he already spent to much freakin money on stupid crap. damn, some of you guys must be horrible with your cashflow or something, once you get a paycheck, you must spend all of it. any person in their right mind that knows how to hold onto money and doesn't go out and have to spend money all the time would not really want Obama as president if we are trying to get out of this debt in America pete sakes.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Every Government/President says that "we had to clear up their mess" because they have different ideas and ave different goals.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Every Government/President says that "we had to clear up their mess" because they have different ideas and ave different goals.
    The sad thing he is people have been brain washed into blaming the president for our problems but its our own elected officials in congress that screw us by passing laws and proposals from the president. If congress was as opposed to bush as they are to president obama then we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in now. With the media telling people who we should vote for we are never going to get ahead. If Ron Paul were to become president the same thing that has happened to Obama will happen to him.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Power Member
    Media always try to sway people its mostly newspapers in this country, TV is a little less biased and tries to be impartial but then there are people uploading clips much lik the one in OP selectively showing their preference in good and the others in bad light.

Whenever I see "gingrich" written down I think "Grinch"

To me it matters not who went to war.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-10-2012 at 12:51.

Elite Member
    Media always try to sway people its mostly newspapers in this country, TV is a little less biased and tries to be impartial but then there are people uploading clips much lik the one in OP selectively showing their preference in good and the others in bad light.

Idk the dot.com generation hasn't gone full swing yet but when it does this country will finally change
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    The sad thing he is people have been brain washed into blaming the president for our problems but its our own elected officials in congress that screw us by passing laws and proposals from the president. If congress was as opposed to bush as they are to president obama then we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in now. With the media telling people who we should vote for we are never going to get ahead. If Ron Paul were to become president the same thing that has happened to Obama will happen to him.
    @Hood we have the same thing in Canada. People are almost surprised when a leader does exactly what everyone said they would. I find with American politics and Canada too, that alot of things are done/not done just for spite. At lease here I find having more than two parties makes them have to work together at some point.

@ I think of Rush Limbaugh as the Rancor in Family Guy, they are both pretty heinous creatures.

Forum Sage

It should and here's why. Those who go to war know how bad it really is and they are less likely to get us into one without express due process of the law. Who went to war ties directly into their foreign policy stance. Notice how Ron Paul is the only true antiwar candidate? Notice how he advocates a foreign policy of non-intervention and changing minds through persuasion? Notice how he advocates talking with nations and trading with them instead of acting against them via economic sanctions, deposing governments and regime change? You know who else ran on this policy? George Bush Jr. did. And he won on those grounds.

Now, you say I'm only showing the good side of Ron Paul? I hate to break it to you but there is nothing wrong with the congressmen from Texas. He's been a consistent politician (oxymoron if I ever did see one) and his voting record shows it. You have a lot of balls talking about which media outlets are biased or not. The problem with the media has been that they've ALL been extremely biased against Ron Paul. They ignored him for the longest time until they couldn't ignore him any longer. Then, when they couldn't ignore him any longer, they drudge up old newsletters that had "racist" slants and they accuse him of writing them knowing his stance on liberties. Then, when he answers them by telling them that he didn't write them, didn't know about them until 10 years later and completely disavows them, they demand that he say something different by berating him over and over and over again.

Yes, you can say whatever you like. It's your right to as an American citizen and I will defend your right to say it to the death. But don't expect people to not refute your claims, even vehemently.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    It should and here's why. Those who go to war know how bad it really is and they are less likely to get us into one without express due process of the law. Who went to war ties directly into their foreign policy stance. Notice how Ron Paul is the only true antiwar candidate? Notice how he advocates a foreign policy of non-intervention and changing minds through persuasion? Notice how he advocates talking with nations and trading with them instead of acting against them via economic sanctions, deposing governments and regime change? You know who else ran on this policy? George Bush Jr. did. And he won on those grounds.

Now, you say I'm only showing the good side of Ron Paul? I hate to break it to you but there is nothing wrong with the congressmen from Texas. He's been a consistent politician (oxymoron if I ever did see one) and his voting record shows it. You have a lot of balls talking about which media outlets are biased or not. The problem with the media has been that they've ALL been extremely biased against Ron Paul. They ignored him for the longest time until they couldn't ignore him any longer. Then, when they couldn't ignore him any longer, they drudge up old newsletters that had "racist" slants and they accuse him of writing them knowing his stance on liberties. Then, when he answers them by telling them that he didn't write them, didn't know about them until 10 years later and completely disavows them, they demand that he say something different by berating him over and over and over again.

Yes, you can say whatever you like. It's your right to as an American citizen and I will defend your right to say it to the death. But don't expect people to not refute your claims, even vehemently.
    I had no idea who he is until this thread the point was showing a 30 second clip is only 30 seconds its not the full picture.

After watching it The only thing I know about either is 1 went to war the other didn't.

My opinion doesn't matter I am not an American voter.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-10-2012 at 15:14.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    because so far he already spent to much freakin money on stupid crap. damn, some of you guys must be horrible with your cashflow or something, once you get a paycheck, you must spend all of it. any person in their right mind that knows how to hold onto money and doesn't go out and have to spend money all the time would not really want Obama as president if we are trying to get out of this debt in America pete sakes.
    That's totally BS. In order to get out of this recession you have to spend money. There is no way around it. Our trillions of dollars of dept was there before he took office. When Clinton left office we had a surplus. Bush takes office and in 8 years we have trillions of dollars in dept. What wrong with that picture? The real reason people don't want him for president is because they never did. People are still angry about what happened in 2008. That's includes some Democrats. They still hold a grudge because he defeated Hilary Clinton. As for Republicans, they will say almost anything to appeal to their party. Just look at all the ludicrous things they say.

1. Obama is anti-American
    2. They question his family values( there is a republican candidate who has had two divorces over affairs and married his mistress)
    2. he wasn't born here( which is plain stupid. Why would you wait til a guy is president to question his citizenship?)
    3. he is weak on foreign policy( he has killed more top Al qaeda leaders in his 3 years than Bush did in 9-11 happened on Bush's watch not his.

4. Iraq was a failure because we ended it(never mind we spent close to a trillion dollars there and it was unfunded)
    Plus that pullout date was set by President Bush.
    5.They are against his health care plan(who was the last president who actually attempted to fix it)
    6. he is anti-Israel( when the prime minister of Israel has stated that his administration has done more than anyone in the past)
    The list goes on and on. No he hasn't been perfect. But what president has? I'm a independent and right now the only person who iv'e seen who is remotely presidential is Huntsman and maybe Paul. Paul does give me the creeps on some of his views though.

25. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    Forum Sage

This was by far the most idiotic thing to come out, during the whole debate.

Obama 2012, all the way.
    You know we still have men on the ground there, right?

We just call them contractors/military advisers.

Also its better to have done the job properly and pull out in a responsible manner, rather than having to come back in 10 years (or whatever) when Iraq implodes.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You know we still have men on the ground there, right?

We just call them contractors/military advisers.

Also its better to have done the job properly and pull out in a responsible manner, rather than having to come back in 10 years (or whatever) when Iraq implodes.
    Explain what you mean by properly.

Thread Information