Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Only SE game I'm buying this year is FF Type-0.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    No he isnt, Uematsu is free lance, he worked on FF14.
    I know he's freelance. What I am saying tho is that he does most of his work with Mistwalker. Square-Enix has only had a handful of music from Uematsu since Mistwalker was founded as far as I know.

うえまつのぶおさん
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 01-13-2012 at 04:06.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    WOW, i didnt even know there was another ff game coming out.

can someone please tell explain to someone who only ever played 7. & skiipped 13 as it was $#@!, what is this, a follow on, a fix, a whole different game?
    XIII-2 is the sequel to XIII. It's pledged to fix the things that many didn't like with XIII, top of the list being the linearity of going straight from point A to point B to point C to point D, etc, with restrictive maps that simply resemble hallways. It's supposed to be a lot more open-ended, although not as much as XII.

But it'll still resemble XIII closely, including the same battle system, similar music and graphics, returning characters, etc. If you thought XIII was $#@!, you'll probably think the same of XIII-2. Although it's probably worth at least looking at the demo, considering it's free and only takes maybe an hour of your life to decide whether the game is worth playing or not.

4. Likes 33x likes this post

Random though on the demo: I really hope that Alyssa girl isn't talking to you throughout the entire game via communicator.

"Hey, look for a graveyard"
    minute later
    "Did I tell you there's a graveyard around here?"
    minute later
    "Any luck finding that graveyard yet?"

Shut the hell up already. Just give it to me as a mission so I can confirm/deny it and move on.

...Funny thing is, I was so annoyed I never even did bother to look for the damn graveyard. I'll have to play it again tomorrow and see where it is and what the point of it is.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by rsersen View Post
    But it'll still resemble XIII closely, including the same battle system, similar music and graphics, returning characters, etc. If you thought XIII was $#@!, you'll probably think the same of XIII-2.
    It comes down to why you thought FFXIII was $#@!. I thought it was $#@! due to the repetitive pacing/zero variety and the cheesy story. The cheesy story seems to be returning, but my first complaint seems to be completely remedied.

I'll probably pick up FFXIII-2, since the gameplay experience seems to be well-done, and the audiovisual aspects will no doubt be top-notch. As for the story, I'm expecting silly dialogue, but hopefully the new story/dialogue choices make things somewhat interesting in that department.

As for those of you who are displeased with the Pokemon feature, is it because you always thought Pokemon was stupid or is it because you're sick of Pokemon? I have personally never played a Pokemon game, but I always thought the concept seemed pretty addicting. So I'm interested in the feature.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by rsersen View Post
    XIII-2 is the sequel to XIII. It's pledged to fix the things that many didn't like with XIII, top of the list being the linearity of going straight from point A to point B to point C to point D, etc, with restrictive maps that simply resemble hallways. It's supposed to be a lot more open-ended, although not as much as XII.

But it'll still resemble XIII closely, including the same battle system, similar music and graphics, returning characters, etc. If you thought XIII was $#@!, you'll probably think the same of XIII-2. Although it's probably worth at least looking at the demo, considering it's free and only takes maybe an hour of your life to decide whether the game is worth playing or not.
    Perfect response, thanks.

This is a game i now want!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite
    I didn't mind the corniness in FFXIII's story. It was just that Vanille and Hope needed to be X'ed, too many character "mini stories" and flashbacks, the main story progressed at a static and fast pace the entire way thru, and nothing to really draw you into caring about what is going on, and a nonsense villian and a Deus Ex Machina to boot.

It was total nonsense with Hope's "mini story." It was padded to death for the sake of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    too many character "mini stories" and flashbacks, the main story progressed at a static and fast pace the entire way thru, and nothing to really draw you into caring about what is going on
    Well yeah, that too. The main plot didn't progress from Chapter 3 through Chapter 9. And once it did, it became very ridiculous and convoluted.
    Last edited by Ixion; 01-13-2012 at 13:39.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Everyone always bashes XIII's story, but I loved it. The whole on the run and corruption behind the scenes thing was brilliant. I think a lot of people just didn't understand it. I think the reason I liked it so much is because Im so OCD when it comes to primers entries and stuff, I read ev ery single entry to get all the background information. The one thing I will say about XIII-2 story that seems a bit jarring is the whole time/space element that has been added when there was absolutely no hint of it in XIII..and I mean at the end of XIII Lightning magically gets teleported to Vahallla the Viking heaven..I mean that is a completely different mythos altogether !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSN ID
    Lainville
    How people can sill defend Final Fantasy and Nomura, Kitase etc, is beyond me. There hasnt been a 'good' FF since X, and that game is much worse than IX for example. Its become an anime, its nowhere near its former glory. Thnak god ME exists

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by lAIN View Post
    How people can sill defend Final Fantasy and Nomura, Kitase etc, is beyond me. There hasnt been a 'good' FF since X, and that game is much worse than IX for example. Its become an anime, its nowhere near its former glory. Thnak god ME exists
    You can have your opinion and others can have their own. People like what they like, deal with it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I agree... up until you brought up Mass Effect.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I agree... up until you brought up Mass Effect.
    Diddo.

Ancient
    I'm enjoying FFXIII grinding more then ME, don't get me wrong, it's ok......but planet probing is the highlight so far
    for a shooter, its kinda not very good in the shooting department, and the rest is kinda yawn worthy.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member

After trying the demo my only issue is the QTE system. I accept it adds some variety, but because I am watching out for which buttons to press to catch the QTEs, I end up not taking notice of what's actually happening; I can't sit back and take it all in.

I am mostly happy with what I saw though, so I won't be cancelling my pre-order.

I'm a real boy!
    I'll repost this:
    Combat was never thoughtless in FFXIII, the problem Square laid out was that there was too spread out of a difficulty curve, that being they made it too easy for too much of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    We're not allowed to say anything bad about Final Fantasy XIII or its sequel.
    We're not allowed to post anything positive either it seems? Don't do that.

Obviously what was meant by accurate opinion was the posted intended on playing the demo before posting an opinion of the game. Was he being quick to judge someone else for throwing a piss-fest against the game? Probably.

You're extreme cynicism is ruining your objectivity and rationality. It's been a while since I posted here but if I recall correctly, Blacksite, you were always one of the more reasonable posters here.

$#@!, what's the point in even talking about the game if this thread is just going to be filled with hallow replies mocking how square can do no wrong, or everything square now does is crap. Heaven forbid a moment is taken to actually look at the game for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Tyrien; 01-14-2012 at 22:16.

18. Likes Cyklops, Acid Snake likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    Combat was never thoughtless in FFXIII, the problem Square laid out was that there was too spread out of a difficulty curve, that being they made it too easy for too much of the game.
    The difficulty wasn't the issue. It was the lack of strategy. No control over the AI, no MP, auto-replenished health after every single battle, retry option for every battle, auto-battle automatically gives you the best choice, elemental damage means very little, AI of you and your party automatically know all weaknesses without question, no variation in enemy types (look at FFX and how they made their enemy types), no Break Limit attack, nothing can be done outside of atk/mag/enh/sab (no special attacks like magic break or anything else to add particular strategy let alone that elemental damage is fairly meaningless), boosting/crippling stats with magic just takes waiting for ten seconds while midst battle to do, Sentinel role is rendered useless in many cases as your teammates just stand next to you and take the damage with you, no formation control (an Action RPG like this needs it), no ability to program and/or control your AI aside from Paradigms, the leader dies and you lose, etc, etc.

FFXIII should have looked at Tales/Star Ocean and Final Fantasy X for how to do a good system. Even Infinite Undiscovery has a lot for FFXIII to learn from and I consider Infinite Undiscovery to be on of the lesser battle systems this generation.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 01-15-2012 at 01:21.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    We're not allowed to post anything positive either it seems? Don't do that.

Obviously what was meant by accurate opinion was the posted intended on playing the demo before posting an opinion of the game. Was he being quick to judge someone else for throwing a piss-fest against the game? Probably.

You're extreme cynicism is ruining your objectivity and rationality. It's been a while since I posted here but if I recall correctly, Blacksite, you were always one of the more reasonable posters here.

$#@!, what's the point in even talking about the game if this thread is just going to be filled with hallow replies mocking how square can do no wrong, or everything square now does is crap. Heaven forbid a moment is taken to actually look at the game for what it's worth.
    You're right. I got carried away. I'm simply not interested in this kind of game so I won't try and ruin it for those who are.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-14-2012 at 23:19.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    The difficulty wasn't the issue. It was the lack of strategy. No control over the AI, no MP, auto-replenished health after every single battle, retry option for every battle, auto-battle automatically gives you the best choice, elemental damage means very little, AI of you and your party automatically know all weaknesses without question, no variation in enemy types (look at FFX and how they made their enemy types), no Break Limit attack, nothing can be done outside of atk/mag/enh/sab (no special attacks like magic break or anything else to add particular strategy let alone that elemental damage is fairly meaningless), boosting/crippling stats with magic just takes waiting for ten seconds while midst battle to do, Sentinel role is rendered useless in many cases as your teammates just stand next to you and take the damage with you, no formation control (an Action RPG like this needs it), no ability to program and/or control your AI aside from Paradigms, the leader dies and you lose, etc, etc.

FFXIII should have looked at Tales/Star Ocean and Final Fantasy X for how to do a good system. Even Infinite Undiscovery has a lot for FFXIII to learn from and I consider Infinite Undiscovery to be on of the lesser battle systems this generation.
    We get it, you hated FFXIII but will you stop bringing up horrible games? Infinite Undiscovery was worse then 13 in almost every way, and tri-ace hasnt made a good game since Star Ocean 3.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

22. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    We get it, you hated FFXIII but will you stop bringing up horrible games? Infinite Undiscovery was worse then 13 in almost every way, and tri-ace hasnt made a good game since Star Ocean 3.
    You forgot to mention the "IMO" part. Because IMO, Infinite Undiscovery was better than FFXIII in almost every way. I have played XIII 'til chapter 9 and completed IU with almost all characters maxed.

Whether this post complies to the newly established 'accurate posts' or not. I can't be bothered to mention in details the positives and negatives for every game I mention in these forums, unless it is deemed necessary.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    And that's your opinion. But that aside, the fact still remains that their battle systems do indeed trump FFXIII's by a whole ten yards.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 01-15-2012 at 13:08.

Master Poster
    I enjoyed the battle system for ff13, for me it was the first time I took status effects seriously. Up until that game i had ignored status effects in past ff's besides haste.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    No strategy involved in XIII's battle system? Wow...shows how much of it you played if you think you could do the whole game on auto-battle.

The battles were extremely fast paced and you had to rely on the R1/scan button to carefully select your next moves quickly. I loved the new battle system. Also, I have no problems with having my health restored after battles. Worst thing about previous FFs was scraping through a hard boss fight, being miles from the nearest save point without any potions and being killed by a random encounter.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

27. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    Super Elite
    Status ailments was important for FFX, imo.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 01-15-2012 at 14:22.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Everyone always bashes XIII's story, but I loved it. The whole on the run and corruption behind the scenes thing was brilliant. I think a lot of people just didn't understand it. I think the reason I liked it so much is because Im so OCD when it comes to primers entries and stuff, I read ev ery single entry to get all the background information. The one thing I will say about XIII-2 story that seems a bit jarring is the whole time/space element that has been added when there was absolutely no hint of it in XIII..and I mean at the end of XIII Lightning magically gets teleported to Vahallla the Viking heaven..I mean that is a completely different mythos altogether !!
    I agree, thou people didn't like FF8 story either
    but I remember on neogaf someone made a thread explaining the story & included a theory which suggested Squall was was actually dead & the rest of the game is in his head.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information