Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Now add the following to the price:

A new monitor
    Keyboard
    Mice
    And all the other accessoires you gonna need.
    Congrats now you are at 1000 bucks.

Im pretty sure a 400 bucks computer cant run crysis on those setttings that you mentioned.
    A motherboard, cpu, cooling system, power supply, hard drive and ram cost more than only 280 bucks.
    It seems like you are just trying to hate on PC gaming. I don't know why you blindly claimed accessories run $600, but your misconceptions are noted. I gave you an honest answer so take it or leave it as is.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-01-2012 at 20:35.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    System builders tend not to buy a new monitor hard drive RAM motherboard keyboard and mouse everytime they upgrade the CPU GPU RAM.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-01-2012 at 20:37.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    System builders tend not to buy a new monitor hard drive RAM motherboard keyboard and mouse everytime they upgrade the CPU GPU RAM.
    Of course buying from scratch is a different matter.
    That X51 isnt that 500 bux?
    The one im getting is 1000 bucks and has the specs i posted before. Im getting a new monitor and accessoires as well.The whole price gonna be something around 2000 franks.

@ Inzane: I prefer pc gaming over console gaming. The prices you noted for a new computer are the most unrealistic i have ever seen. Dude wake up, chewing gums dont cost 2 cents anymore. [Edited by Vulgotha]
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-01-2012 at 21:19.

Selected Members Council
    You don't necessarily need a gaming PC to play games like Crysis 2 at their maximum settings. I mean, you can find a couple gaming laptops priced around 600 to 800 dollars with a GTX 570 or some other variation of the high-end GPU. That would probably last you a couple years, right?

Vulgotha knows what I'm talking about.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

5. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    The one im getting is 1000 bucks and has the specs i posted before. Im getting a new monitor and accessoires as well.The whole price gonna be something around 2000 franks.

@ Inzane: I prefer pc gaming over console gaming. The prices you noted for a new computer are the most unrealistic i have ever seen. Dude wake up, chewing gums dont cost 2 cents anymore. You argue like a 6 years old nerd.
    I think he means the basics such as

processor
    RAM
    grpahics card
    Motherboard
    case

My current PC cost including the graphics card I bought 12 months ago and the case I bough at Christmas cost me around 350 pounds.

Power Member
    @Blacksite

I do indeed sir.

A very small amount of people build their own computers with their own parts compared to the whole population. The price for a regular person is more important than the specifications of the computer the person is buying. I agree with you about apple and alienware being overpriced especially apple products. A good gaming machine however is even more expensive than a 27 inch imac. Im now at my friends house and im using his gaming machine which he built by himself using a budget of 7500 franks. 1 hour earlier i was playing sc2 on his computer and the game was running on ultra with a resolution of 1920x1080 and the game ran at 180 frames per secound. But not many people have such a computer like my friends or yours Vulgotha.
    I'm capable of building a PC by hand, but I also like to be lazy when I get away with it. I built my PC part by part using this service:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

I just helped my brother do the same not a week ago. He ordered his on Monday. I'll dig up the specs... Point is it was under 1,000 USD.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use that website to make your machine.

Gents, let's try and keep this civil. Tempers are flaring here and they needn't be doing so. Let's just have a good ol' talk and help each other out alright?
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-01-2012 at 21:19.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I believe Cyber is really exaggerating the prices. You can have a killer machine in $800 and this is from a guy who has never made a pc OR is into PC gaming.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I believe Cyber is really exaggerating the prices. You can have a killer machine in $800 and this is from a guy who has never made a pc OR is into PC gaming.
    First of all i live in Switzerland and here computers and computer parts arent as cheapass as in America. Secound i dont know how you can pay for a motherboard, cpu, power supply, ram and hard drive only 280 bucks. Maybe in china but not in Switzerland.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Sure, but it really depends on your definition of killer. And at that price, you're going to be sacrificing quality.

Super Elite
    More kick ass $#@!!

Also for the hell of it, my PC specs:

Asus P5E-VM SE mobo
    1.83GHz Intel Duo Core 2 processor
    600W Coolmaster PSU
    4GB of 800MHz DDR2 dual channel DRAM
    ATI 5870 graphics processor

12. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Sure, but it really depends on your definition of killer. And at that price, you're going to be sacrificing quality.
    Your trolling\devil's advocate is noted.

You knew what he meant.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Your trolling\devil's advocate is noted.

You knew what he meant.
    I wasn't trolling or playing devil's advocate. I was simply pointing out that if you want a 'killer' machine for $800, you're probably going to have to go cheap on some parts.

Your presumption has been noted.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I wasn't trolling or playing devil's advocate. I was simply pointing out that if you want a 'killer' machine for $800, you're probably going to have to go cheap on some parts.

Ofcourse you can't have a gtx 590 in there.
    What I meant by 'killer' is much better than consoles and capable of 1080p gaming.

You can always have better if you pay more.

Power Member

C'mon man, surely you knew what Itachi was getting at. Nobody is saying you're going to have some super GPU and like.. 16GB of RAM.

But more than enough to handle Crysis 2 sure.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    All this 600 bucks computers are really horrible. They take a lot of space, are extremely loud, have a lot of cables,generate a lot of heat and may brake or have technical issues with overheating or parts that arent compatible. Thats why i prefer companies like Apple and Alienware. However guys i do respect your opinion about building a computer and spend for it a small amount of money.

Super Elite
    Unlike what you say, building a PC is actually no different than buying a PC from Apple or Alienware. Difference is in the price and nothing else. Don't believe what Apple and Alienware tell you; they are just after your wallet.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-02-2012 at 12:36.

Supreme Veteran
    The best thing about that alienware X51 is the size and looks currently the same size cases sold in newegg ebuyer overclockers etc all look $#@!.
    Over the years I have known a couple people thta had Alienware PC's and they were always having problems and contacting their support and sometimes they even had to send it back to be fixed or replaced, Alienware computers are not immune to problems especially when they use the high end stuff it hwy they offer extended cover for a price.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-02-2012 at 12:12.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im gonna get the X51 because its small and it wont be a very loud gaming machine. I think the price is decent and the specs as well however later on i will create a Thread about it. In the thread i will post some questions concerning alienware and the machine.

Elite Sage
    The main thing that swayed me in to buying an alienware laptop was their next day repair service. From the forums i've checked out their customer service is supposed to be really good. I wouldn't buy an Alienware desktop for love nor money though. I would much prefer to build my own for a lesser amount and enjoy the process in doing so. Don't have that much choice when it comes to laptops though

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Hope you realize that the X51 is a small, console like gaming desktop. Not a laptop nor a full tower chassis.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    how about a self learning game engine, that grows as you play... The A.I can develope as you develope your character and the engine sets up the area around your character as the days, months,years and decades change around you.. If this was implemented, then the next-gen of engine design will be here

or maybe i am just thinking out loud again
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage
    Hope you realize that the X51 is a small, console like gaming desktop. Not a laptop nor a full tower chassis.
    Yes I am aware of that, and even knowing that i still wouldn't spend my money on one

Super Elite

Selected Members Council
    I like the little details in the video. Stuff like the leaves blowing in the wind and seeing the crabs scuttle around the beach. I wish more games had that kind of attention to detail.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042

There are numerous crysis photoreal mods. I thought this thread was about cryengine 3 not 2.

Thread Information