Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

SCE believes PS Move “could and should” do better at UK retail

More games should do the trick. I'm hoping to see more games by E-3.
    SCE UK boss Fergal Gara believes despite having a “solid foothold” with Move, the motion controller should have sold more units in UK. Speaking with MCV, Gara suggested the peripheral can, and should “do more” in the marketplace.“It is the strength of the software that goes with it that is paramount,” he said. “And we’ve had a widely different performance from the various Move titles. Sports Champions is by far the most successful, selling a couple of hundred thousand units, which is a healthy performance. But it does vary thereafter.“So I’d say we are in the market, we have got a shout. Forthcoming titles are going to be important. We take some encouragement from things we can mention, such as Sorcery which is on the schedule, and other things that we know are bubbling under. It is a focus from a studio point-of-view to bring out stronger titles.”Over in the US, SCEE’s Jim Ryan agreed with Gara, saying that during the middle part of last year, Move sales were “slower than we’d have liked” across Europe.“There are few things that we have got a lot more clear-minded about in terms of targeting the family, social markets, and not being all things to all men with Move,” he said. “We were very energetic in our marketing, and the early signs are that that has paid off. Also our developers are making a step-change in their ability to do exciting things with Move software.”Ryan said the fruits of developer and marketing efforts will be felt during 2012 and “beyond.http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/12/sce-...-at-uk-retail/
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-12-2012 at 16:00.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Yeah Move has a lot of potential and we hope devs utilize that.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Will buy a second down the road but right now I just want Sorcery.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Move has served me well. It got me into the FPS genre; the Sharpshooter is one of the coolest accessories current gen gaming too. I see a lot of titles coming out in the next few years that will really utilize the tech. I don't really care for Move only experiences, I like having it as an additional option like in KZ3, R3, SOCOM 4, inFamous 2, Heavy Rain etc etc. I wouldn't be surprised if TLOU gets the Move treatment. Not to mention Bioshock Infinite is gonna kick some serious ass with it.

Master Guru

right now would be the perfect time to have Phil Harrison at Sony because he was big on casual games & he would have promoted PlayStation Move a lot better.

but it's at the same time in the PS3 lifetime as it was in the PS2 lifetime that Eyetoy, Buzz & SingStar became big, it's almost in the price range where the type of customers that will pick up these casual games will start to pick up PS3s.
    the real problem for Sony is these people don't really care about graphics so they flooded to the Wii this time around because it was the right price so now for them to get these customers back they need to push the Social part of these games as much as they can to make games like Just Dance a better choice on PS3 over Wii.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    tbh I've barelly used the move and all related accessories. Sad really.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Seems like motion controls are a trend that's come and gone. From my point of view. I barely use my move

Edit: wow didint realise how old
    This was the first read haha no wonder the op mentions sorcery not out yet

Via Tapatalk

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Don't force, people don't want it anymore. Stick it on the backburner for now and move on to something better.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Edit: wow didint realise how old
    This was the first read haha no wonder the op mentions sorcery not out yet

Via Tapatalk
    Wth? And to think, I always use the "new posts" forum when I browse PSU. I don't know how that ended up there.

oh well..

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well I certainly didn't expect it to do 10+ million, so yeah definitely a success, will be buying SC2 soon as well.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Guru
    Move was a fad. Under utilised and now so bland that I can't see them doing anything exciting enough to sell significant numbers.

They'd be better off putting it into the console as a bundle.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yep, nothing too exciting about it at this point. Thought it'd do much better, and get better support. Alas..

Veteran
    1. Waggle was a fad. Even though there were some excellent uses of Move, not many people cared.
    2. Only casuals *really* embrace it and PS3 does nothing significant to secure that target audience in a meaningful way (PS3 is too expensive, 80-90% of the library is for core gamers, etc.)
    3. The best time to introduce motion controls was at launch. But they decided to not listen to Phil Harrison nor do a thing about the PS2 motion tech that was already established until it was way too late.

It COULD do better, but there is no climate in place that allows it to do better. Move was dead on arrival.

They should try to re-introduce it with PS4 launch. I doubt it will work, but it's the only chance Sony has left to revive Move in the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

14. Likes DarkVincent07, F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    1. Waggle was a fad. Even though there were some excellent uses of Move, not many people cared.
    2. Only casuals *really* embrace it and PS3 does nothing significant to secure that target audience in a meaningful way (PS3 is too expensive, 80-90% of the library is for core gamers, etc.)
    3. The best time to introduce motion controls was at launch. But they decided to not listen to Phil Harrison nor do a thing about the PS2 motion tech that was already established until it was way too late.

It COULD do better, but there is no climate in place that allows it to do better. Move was dead on arrival.

They should try to re-introduce it with PS4 launch. I doubt it will work, but it's the only chance Sony has left to revive Move in the forseeable future.
    Exactly. They balked on it for sure.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Motion controls on current gen have been underwhelming on as a whole. Move + Sharpshooter though was $#@!ing soooo much fun for me. It completely transformed the FPS genre. Aiming and pulling a trigger to fire with this gun looking accessory was so full of win and I hope to the gaming gods that Pitchford from Gearbox puts Move support into Borderlands 2 via patch and into the upcoming Aliens (seeing as he said he loved M+SS and wanted it in his games).

The thing that was cool about Move was that it offered you a different way to play games. Heavy Rain, inFamous 2, SOCOM 4, LBP 2 etc all offered motion control alternatives that worked and were intuitive. I don't think many people explored these avenues because wanted pure Move experiences.

It seems The Unfinished Swan has been well received and the upcoming Until Dawn (or whatever its called) should have been what came out at launch.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Aside from Sports Champions that I got with the Move bundle at Christmas 2011.. only played Heavy Rain and Dead Space(infiltration ??) since..been collecting dust.

Would like to revisit Move next gen, provided theres support for it.

Edit: never bought a SS..sounds fun like some old school arcade business.
    Last edited by imINxile; 11-11-2012 at 22:53.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Well I certainly didn't expect it to do 10+ million, so yeah definitely a success, will be buying SC2 soon as well.
    Who knows where they pulled that number out of though... for Move Controllers themselves or did they include Nav and Sharpshooter and whatnot. Something tells me that number is not quite right

Thread Information