Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Guantanamo bay, thoughts?

So there has been protesting going on about releasing prisoners from the much debated guantanamo bay. Now it has been proven by the Obama administration that 50% of the prisoners released, continued their acts of terrorism.

Mine opinion is that all the prisoners that are held for terrorism be tried in a War Tribunal. If found innocent, ship them back to their own country, if found guilty...well, thats what firing squads are for.

Just wanted to hear other peoples thought's on the matter.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    ... when did this happen? Can you provide a link?

Superior Member
    I completely agree, since most of these inmates should be "high priority" persons. For those deemed innocent it's time to move on. The only area of confusion I can see is, how to handle their "soldiers". I'm sure they will find some who aren't directly terrorists, but did kill American soldiers during the invasion. Will they be held equally responsible? Should they be? What happened to enlisted men after the great wars?

SOTW...Get in there and Vote people

Unbound Mercenary

Forum Sage

6. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    hmm... I don't see where it says prisoners will be released, nor does it say anything about the Administration. Its the 10th anniversary of gitmo and they are protesting because they want it closed, it doesn't say anything beyond that.

Apprentice
    Items Demons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    Now it has been proven by the Obama administration that 50% of the prisoners released, continued their acts of terrorism.
    So the Obama administration claims that out of 775 prisoners 387.5 (statistics...) are terrorists today ? I'm having a hard time believing that. Names and deeds: did they provide that with the statistics ?

Also: the "operating procedures" on Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib and others is torture and abuse. Lots of innocents ended up there. They have no human rights there. Some died, some were released. See the famous Tipton Three case.

I recommend the documentary Taxi to the Dark Side for those interested in what is really going on there. People must know, imo.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthroll View Post
    So the Obama administration claims that out of 775 prisoners 387.5 (statistics...) are terrorists today ? I'm having a hard time believing that. Names and deeds: did they provide that with the statistics ? Also: the "operating procedures" on Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib and others is torture and abuse. Lots of innocents ended up there. They have no human rights there. Some died, some were released. See the famous Tipton Three case. I recommend the documentary Taxi to the Dark Side for those interested in what is really going on there. People must know, imo.

that is not all middle eastern terrorists, 385 seems a bit to low actually, there is probably a lot more then that in there that are actually guilty of terrorism. Considering that Middle Eastern terrorist wannabes call the real ones to do their dirty work which are based in Mexico, Peru, Guyana, Columbia, etc etc a couple hundred of them are in there also, since they have done many beheadings, kidnappings, assassinations, you name it. Even though they are considered drug cartels, don't let them fool you.

Granted, there are American drug cartels but they are somewhat of a joke and yes, a few of them are also in there I believe as well for terrorist actions. Mainly saying that you have to figure out what their terrorist actions actually were. Threatening the united states or any other country is considered a terroristic threat, but it goes much more shallower then that. Killing any military personel is also considered terrorism as well if they feel like pinning that on you that is. They can definitely do that. I'm not saying there are no innocent people in there, there probably is, just like other prisons throughout the entire world as well.

the problem here is you are using terrorism in a tight manner pretty much. But of course everyone got very jumpy at 9/11 so it probably is true that there are a lot of innocent people in there and I wouldn't doubt it. but why look at just that, this is the part I don't understand. There are more innocent people in normal prisons and no one pays attention to that, but once you get something with terrorism tied in with what we are discussing, then everyone starts paying attention.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 01-12-2012 at 17:40.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    hmm... I don't see where it says prisoners will be released, nor does it say anything about the Administration. Its the 10th anniversary of gitmo and they are protesting because they want it closed, it doesn't say anything beyond that.
    I never mentioned that people were being released. I'm talking about people wanting to get everyone released.

Sorry if I was misleading.
    So the Obama administration claims that out of 775 prisoners 387.5 (statistics...) are terrorists today ? I'm having a hard time believing that. Names and deeds: did they provide that with the statistics ?

Also: the "operating procedures" on Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib and others is torture and abuse. Lots of innocents ended up there. They have no human rights there. Some died, some were released. See the famous Tipton Three case.

I recommend the documentary Taxi to the Dark Side for those interested in what is really going on there. People must know, imo.
    No, not 50% of people inside the prison. Most the people inside are just criminals of other crimes and whatnot. But there are many terrorists, captured in the war that are in there currently.

I'm saying 50% of prisoners released in the past. No, I can't provide a link. Well, I don't recall what the link was, but it was on the radio, and a link was given that I did check. :/

Supreme Veteran

its here to stay like it or not....

My thoughts are i am not in there and thats a good thing

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    They aren't us citizens. Let their governments worry about their rights. Lock em up and let their home country negotiate their release if they want them back

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

13. Likes Kwes , claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes bash is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Supreme Veteran

its just the way it is and we alone can not stop the spread of secret Guantanamo bay like camps around the world. Its just how it is

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    its just the way it is and we alone can not stop the spread of secret Guantanamo bay like camps around the world. Its just how it is
    No, not 50% of people inside the prison. Most the people inside are just criminals of other crimes and whatnot. But there are many terrorists, captured in the war that are in there currently.
    And there it is. There will always be a country to act as a carpet and have dirt swept under it.

@ Kwesnoth, are all of those captured in the war considered terrorists or are some just enemy combatants? Is it wrong to assume some could have just been defending their homes? In which case wouldn't 10 years be a bit long, although, I'd hope most of them have already been released.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorious View Post
    And there it is. There will always be a country to act as a carpet and have dirt swept under it.

@ Kwesnoth, are all of those captured in the war considered terrorists or are some just enemy combatants? Is it wrong to assume some could have just been defending their homes? In which case wouldn't 10 years be a bit long, although, I'd hope most of them have already been released.
    There is not a difference to me. Its a war, not a peace time. If they don't like it, don't get captured. :/

I don't give a fuck about the soldiers captured by us. I mean, do they care about the soldiers they capture? No. They kill them, lop their heads off because they are the enemy.

I BE A PIRATE!!!
    Items User name style
    we put people in there for a reason. they are terrorists that have had a past of extreme violence not only against americans but allied countries in afghanistan. many are foreign fighters that gave up their rights when they left their country to commit acts of violence on coalition forces. many small time fighters are sent to the local governments for trial and punishment (if aplicable) but that's not saying some small time guys arn't in there. like any prison it's contains all kinds. as for lack of human rights in the facility i work with people who have stood guard at the prison and 1 (yes only one i know) navy corpsman that has been stationed there. prisoners are treated with the bst care possible. routine medical screening, imunizations, catering to their medical needs like sickness or injury. sometimes if not all times they are treated better then US citizens when it comes to care. fed more then in their local country. any force feedings are to ensure their health, we won't let a prisoner die of starvation for any reason. they are givin the same rights as citizens in us prisons, and more as per the geneva conventions rules on the ttreatment of enemy prisoners of war. yes because of their culture in their homelands released prisoners do have a hard time reintigrating, but that is not something we can help. i'm not saying it's all good there though, some "questionable" activities do go on their. i say questionable instead of immoral/cruel because a person who has high level information and has trained himself to keep this information needs some more extreme methods used on them so they will release said information. information that has been gather using these methods have helped US forces kill/capture other high level terrorists, like osma. without those methods and that information he might still be out there. i'm all for the prison, all for the acts used there, and all for keeping people in there. disclaimer: above posted inofrmation is the opinion of one individual and not the stance of the US military in general (to cover my ass should anyone stumble upon this post)btw sorry for the wall of text. the site loaded weird for me so i can't hit enter to make new paragraphs it just shifts everything down.

steam id: ravioli704

18. Dislikes bash is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Supreme Veteran

freedom is not an option it a right of path all humans should have. But you can say cells have the right be be filled with the worse of the worse... We all expect that we have the answers... But the government and secret services all play an important role in what they do best, lie and hide under the carpet they made

Superior Member
    There is not a difference to me. Its a war, not a peace time. If they don't like it, don't get captured. :/

I don't give a fuck about the soldiers captured by us. I mean, do they care about the soldiers they capture? No. They kill them, lop their heads off because they are the enemy.
    But it's not really a war is it? Is the occupation not supposed to be national self-defense? That's how it was justified originally.

At some point it all will have to end. Where is the benefit at staying in combat forever?

Unbound Mercenary
    But it's not really a war is it? Is the occupation not supposed to be national self-defense? That's how it was justified originally.

At some point it all will have to end. Where is the benefit at staying in combat forever?
    I thought it was a war against all the mother fuckers that attacked us in the first place. Theres fighting..its a war, in my opinion.

Of course it will end. Hopefully with the destruction of al qaeda.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    It's a proven fact that majority (if not all) the people in there have not been given a fair trial, they can't contact their family and in many cases not given a trial at all. On top of it violates multiple UN Human rights. It should be shut down and the people there should be released.

War on "Terrorism" is BS.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

23. Likes Ixion , Enthroll wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    I thought it was a war against all the mother fuckers that attacked us in the first place. Theres fighting..its a war, in my opinion.

Of course it will end. Hopefully with the destruction of al qaeda.
    So how do you define the destruction of Al Qaeda? So are you saying once all the leaders are gone, or everyone involved is gone. Or are you talking like genocide, you know wipe'em all out.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    It's a proven fact that majority (if not all) the people in there have not been given a fair trial, they can't contact their family and in many cases not given a trial at all. On top of it violates multiple UN Human rights. It should be shut down and the people there should be released.

..so? Are we in the UN? Are the prisoners from the UN?

So how do you define the destruction of Al Qaeda? So are you saying once all the leaders are gone, or everyone involved is gone. Or are you talking like genocide, you know wipe'em all out.
    Whatever must be done to stop the terrorism. If nuking em' is the only way to stop acts of terror from occurring over here, then action should be taken. If once the leaders are captured/killed, the grunts(per say) don't continue, then that would be the best.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post

Which rights specifically are being violated? 2 lol at UN. It is nothing more than a paper tiger.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    its here to stay like it or not....

My thoughts are i am not in there and thats a good thing
    watch your back you sneaky Brit Muwahahahahaha...

anyways. keep it. it has helped

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Apprentice
    Items Demons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    ..so? Are we in the UN? Are the prisoners from the UN?
    Wow... you are ignorant. YES and YES.
    http://www.un.org/en/members/

Whatever must be done to stop the terrorism. If nuking em' is the only way to stop acts of terror from occurring over here, then action should be taken. If once the leaders are captured/killed, the grunts(per say) don't continue, then that would be the best.
    You have no idea what a nuclear bomb does do you ?.. Hypocrisy, hypocrisy... it never ends.

Unbound Mercenary
    Wow... you are ignorant. YES and YES.
    http://www.un.org/en/members/
    lol

Ok, let me rephrase that, I don't care about their rights.

You have no idea what a nuclear bomb does do you ?.. Hypocrisy, hypocrisy... it never ends.
    Please sir, with your infinite wisdom, explain it to us. Since you are the only one that knows what a nuke does.

30. Dislikes bash , Enthroll is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post

Thread Information