Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00

DICE intensifies Battlefield 3 cheating crackdown

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ting-crackdown

Battlefield 3 developer DICE is to intensify its crackdown on cheats in its FPS sequel.

A new post on the game's official blog stated that the studio has just banned several hundred cheaters and is looking to weed out more.

To that end, it wants you to report anyone you suspect of foul play.

"If you believe you have been the victim of outright cheating, the best way to report your concerns is to go to Battlelog, enter the profile page of the person you suspect and click the triangle in the top right corner of his name," read the post.

"This will open up a window where you can describe to us at DICE what happened. Please enter as much detail as possible, describing what specifically makes you believe this player has used unfair methods, and preferably include a link to the Battle Report for the match in question.

"These reports are then received by our analysts here at DICE who will do a deeper analysis of the situation and take appropriate action, including stats wiping and/or banning players who are confirmed as cheating."

DICE added that it is fully committed to ensuring a level playing field in its games.

"At DICE, we will never tolerate cheaters," explained the blog post.

"We have always taken cheating seriously. Starting today, we will further intensify our efforts to hunt down and rid Battlefield 3 of cheaters.

"Stats wiping and banning this disruptive minority is the only way they will understand that they are ruining the game for others. We do this for the millions of dedicated players out there who deserve a fair game, every game."

2. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont even need to know that, is there a company which tolerates cheating in MP? No, every company is against cheating and it wont be tolerated. Why does Dice inform us about that, probably This is just advertising.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    To give extra warning to those who are cheating, so they should quit now before they get banned. Though I'm pretty sure this only matters to PC players
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    EA/DICE are in for a rude awakening in PC gaming, they have no idea. When I was renting a server for counter-strike, I came to the conclusion that the people cheating far outweighed the people that were actually playing it in a legit way. That was when they released Paladin anti-cheat. It was ridiculous when it came to the amount of cheaters and it was ridiculous on how many hypocrites there actually were. You will get a bunch of people that are trying to cleverly hide their aimbots on the PC and they will actually report other cheaters and try to make themselves look good. LOL
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    EA/DICE are in for a rude awakening in PC gaming, they have no idea. When I was renting a server for counter-strike, I came to the conclusion that the people cheating far outweighed the people that were actually playing it in a legit way. That was when they released Paladin anti-cheat. It was ridiculous when it came to the amount of cheaters and it was ridiculous on how many hypocrites there actually were. You will get a bunch of people that are trying to cleverly hide their aimbots on the PC and they will actually report other cheaters and try to make themselves look good. LOL
    That type of person in english is described as C-U-N-T

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Canwe search for Ps3/xbox players on batlog?

And why don't DICE update the news on the batlog all I see is "new geforce drivers" who the fk cares tell us something about the game like fixes or upcoming patches etc but no we have to read $#@!ty $#@!ter to get any inkling of updates.

That must have been at least 10 years ago, before VAC existed.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-13-2012 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

And why don't DICE update the news on the batlog all I see is "new geforce drivers" who the fk cares tell us something about the game like fixes or upcoming patches etc but no we have to read $#@!ty $#@!ter to get any inkling of updates.

Vac can be bypassed too, and quite easily.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingraysito View Post
    Vac can be bypassed too, and quite easily.
    Most of those are to enable banned players to play on VAC secure servers when they are already banned it doesn't stop VAC from detecting a cheat and flagging their account as banned on the profile.
    Of course there are undetected cheats.

What I was getting at was his story is old over 10 years old that anti cheat is no longer used anywhere it has been superseded by VAC1 and then VAC2 and other community made anti cheats.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-13-2012 at 19:34.

Master Guru

technically PALADIN was 10x better then VAC is, VAC is easily bypassed in which all you have to do is change the .exe, it's been like that ever since vac first came out. even after changing the .exe you just stay with the cheating updates and you will never get busted. The reason PALADIN doesnt' exist anymore is because it was banned, it broke privacy rules.

Supreme Veteran
    I don't give a $#@! if it was better I did not mention VAC to say it is better I mentioned it to show the chronology, Paladin was available before VAC even existed, jeesus 1 mention of VAC then people jump in to say how bad it is, easy to bypass and ignore the rest of the post.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-13-2012 at 21:50.

Master Guru
    because I can't tell you the answer to the other part. I am still trying to figure out why they use twitter over battlelog since everyone is basically connected to it and why they didn't integrate battlelog on the consoles so everyone is signed into battlelog. So, I answered the part that I could answer. you don't have to get all hopped up about it. LOL

Supreme Veteran
    DICE released a PC server patch yesterday and posted a heads up the day before in the forum here nothing wrong with that but why not post a small update on the NEWS part as well then link to the forum post instead of useless (to me) Nvidia driver updates and clanwars that obviously earn them money through sponsors god must forbid anything that affects their entire PC player base be placed in the NEWS section informing us.
    Arse.

Veteran
    I'm glad there's bare or none cheaters playing on PS3, at least not that I'm aware of.

Master Guru
    DICE released a PC server patch yesterday and posted a heads up the day before in the forum here nothing wrong with that but why not post a small update on the NEWS part as well then link to the forum post instead of useless (to me) Nvidia driver updates and clanwars that obviously earn them money through sponsors god must forbid anything that affects their entire PC player base be placed in the NEWS section informing us.
    Arse.
    well, people in the battlelog forums are getting upset that DICE can't communicate with the fanbase properly. lol Even with all the complaints about it, they aren't going to change. Personally, I'm pretty much done with the BF series, it's like every single BF game they make, they act like it's their first ever FPS game. there is only so much one person can take of that. They've been treating their PC fanbase like crap as well as the console fanbase, everything is so hush hush including the patches. It's actually biting them in the ass and they don't realize it.

Dedicated Member
    well, people in the battlelog forums are getting upset that DICE can't communicate with the fanbase properly. lol Even with all the complaints about it, they aren't going to change. Personally, I'm pretty much done with the BF series, it's like every single BF game they make, they act like it's their first ever FPS game. there is only so much one person can take of that. They've been treating their PC fanbase like crap as well as the console fanbase, everything is so hush hush including the patches. It's actually biting them in the ass and they don't realize it.

you are so right bro. dice are not as good as they think they are.
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Master Guru
    got that right... At least try to come up with your own comment instead of copying others.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I dont even need to know that, is there a company which tolerates cheating in MP? No, every company is against cheating and it wont be tolerated. Why does Dice inform us about that, probably This is just advertising.
    Because for the past few weeks, there has been a lot more hackers.

Thread Information