Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    A lot of reviews coming out right now. Seems like most places are giving it an 8/10 or higher.

Joystiq: 5/5 http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/07/ki...koning-review/
    Gametrailers: 82 http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=13588
    Destructoid: 8/10 http://www.destructoid.com/review-ki...g-221203.phtml
    G4: 2.5/5 http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6...koning/review/

That G4 review was rather shocking to see. I can understand where the reviewer is coming from in some of the complaints, as it was similar complaints found in other reviews too. However, it just seemed like he didn't enjoy much else about the game other than the combat like the other reviews did. It's definitely a game with some flaws but I think he was way too harsh on the game, which seems to have a lot more to offer than just really fun combat. Oh well, it's just one person's opinion, and seeing how positive all the other reviews are, I am not going to let it take away from my excitement for the game.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    From IGN and Joystiq, I honestly expected 9 to be the average. But its doing a lot better (83 on metacritic) then I expected before I played the demo for it. I cant wait till I go and pick up my preorder later.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

I Might pick this up when im at work later, but im just not sure yet. Does the game have alot of open areas that are really interesting to explore?

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Hi guys,

Adam Dolge's PSU.com review is up now, adding yet another solid score to the pile.

http://www.psu.com/Kingdoms-of-Amalu...a014281-p0.php

Sounds like a winner!
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Hi guys,

Adam Dolge's PSU.com review is up now, adding yet another solid score to the pile.

Sounds like a winner!
    Awesome! It was a good read. Good job Adam! I'm going to pick up my copy shorty. I can't wait to play it.

Superior Member
    The game looks fun! It's one of those games I ignored at first and now I'm dying to play it!

7. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Superior Member
    Here's Giantbomb's review of Reckoning. They gave it a 4/5. http://www.giantbomb.com/kingdoms-of...30330/reviews/

So a lot of pretty positive reviews. It seems like most reviews are around 80-90/100. I just got back from getting it and I'm about to play it, so I'll leave my impression after I have had a good amount of time with it. I am definitely excited about it though.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im not really a rpg fan but this game looks pretty interesting.

Superior Member
    Meeh. I tried the demo and I didn't like it.. Too bad though because I wanted to like it, really.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Part of me wants to start it, but apart of me wants the Omnidaggers from ME3 demo next week. But it be silly to halt a game over some weapon... Lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I played about an hour of it last night and I'm really loving this game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I played about an hour of it last night and I'm really loving this game.
    Me too, got through the opening and into the world, but just barely. I'm really loving this game, a few small quirks but with this type of combat, I can't wait to venture farther into this world.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I was not aware that Curt Schilling, future Hall of Fame pitcher, was the founder of 38 Studios. The guys who made Kingdoms of Amular. I was quite surprised when I found this out. Turns out he is quite the gamer too.

Schilling has played EverQuest and EverQuest II, and has reviewed two of the game's many expansion packs for PC Gamer magazine. Most recently, Schilling has been playing World of Warcraft and has become a regular guest on the popular World of Warcraft podcast, The Instance, with hosts Scott Johnson and Randy Jordan.[56] In a July 2008 interview on TheJace Hall Show, Schilling confirmed this: "My time-sink has been MMOs for the most part, all the way back to Ultima Online, where I started, to EverQuest, EverQuest II. Last couple of years I've been pretty stuck to World of Warcraft."[57] In 2006 Schilling created Green Monster Games, which Schilling stated, despite widespread rumor, was not named after the Fenway left field wall.[58] In early 2007, the company's name was changed to 38 Studios.[59]In January 2008, Schilling announced that he will be focusing on an MMORPG project after his retirement. The new game is being developed under the code-name 'Copernicus', with a single player RPG set in the same IP Universe titled Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning by 38 Studios. Comic book creator Todd MacFarlane and fantasy author R.A. Salvatore are working with Schilling on the project.[60]
    In July 2010, the Rhode Island Board of Economic Development approved a $75-million guaranteed loan to 38 Studios. 38 Studios has promised to bring 450 jobs to the state by the end of 2012. The company is developing two products. One is a single-player game called “Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning,” which is scheduled for release in February, 2012. Executives from 38 Studios introduced the game at the Comic-Con 2010 convention in San Diego.[61]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Schilling

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    I'm only a few hours in, but I'd rather not make a mistake I'll regret so I got a question:
    Is this games factions like those in Skyrim? By that, I mean can I join all the factions or do I got to pick one and roll with it till I leave it?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I'm only a few hours in, but I'd rather not make a mistake I'll regret so I got a question:
    Is this games factions like those in Skyrim? By that, I mean can I join all the factions or do I got to pick one and roll with it till I leave it?
    No you can do them all. So don't worry about that. How are you liking it so far? I love it! Some of those pre-order weapons and armor are awesome. Like I have Faeblades as my primary and Chakrams as my secondary and they are both so much fun to use. All the armor I got looks really good too, although I can only wear the rouge armor set right now.

17. Likes Fenix likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Hi guys,

Sounds like a winner!
    Good review.

A Beginner's Guide To Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning
    Thought this might help a few people.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOnyx View Post
    No you can do them all. So don't worry about that. How are you liking it so far? I love it! Some of those pre-order weapons and armor are awesome. Like I have Faeblades as my primary and Chakrams as my secondary and they are both so much fun to use. All the armor I got looks really good too, although I can only wear the rouge armor set right now.
    Thats good to know, I didnt want to join a faction and find another and get BSed out of joining if it was better. Just like the demo, I'm loving it: Glad to see the full game is indeed improved. I'm not hitting any of the bugs I hit in the demo.. which is a great thing.

I wish the preorder weapons weren't so badass looking, I've found some weapons/armour that are better then them but its just so badass looking I dont want to switch from it. Right now Chakrams from the demo are my primary (There fire elemented and a few points better then the lightning based fate-eyes), and I'm using the fate daggers - I like using that stealth move. I guess I kind of went the rogue-sorcery route, I didnt expect the chakrams be so badass. Lol
    Last edited by Fenix; 02-09-2012 at 05:22.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Thats good to know, I didnt want to join a faction and find another and get BSed out of joining if it was better. Just like the demo, I'm loving it: Glad to see the full game is indeed improved. I'm not hitting any of the bugs I hit in the demo.. which is a great thing.

I wish the preorder weapons weren't so badass looking, I've found some weapons/armour that are better then them but its just so badass looking I dont want to switch from it. Right now Chakrams from the demo are my primary (There fire elemented and a few points better then the lightning based fate-eyes), and I'm using the fate daggers - I like using that stealth move. I guess I kind of went the rogue-sorcery route, I didnt expect the chakrams be so badass. Lol
    That's good to hear that you're enjoying it so much. Sounds like you are using the same Chakrams as I am using right now, they are definitely awesome. I know what you mean though about not wanting to switch from the preorder weapons because they look so badass. I just got some better Faeblades, but I almost didn't want to switch, although the ones I got still look pretty cool. I absolutely love the combat though, it's so much fun, especially since I switched to using Faeblades and Chakrams.

I am doing the Rouge/Scorcery route as well. I just got my first card for that not too long ago actually. The only thing that kind of sucks about that though is I can't wear the Might armor, like the Mass Effect armor set. I do seriously love the game though and I find all the story to be pretty interesting. Like I'm doing the House of Ballads faction quests right now and they are pretty awesome.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Picked up my copy today will give it a go soon and post some impressions I've been keen for a WHILE now.

God knows it will take me half the night to create a character like it did in the demo haha

Apprentice
    Keep the opinions coming, I plan to buy this as a reward for completing my 10,000 word assignment due next week.

Superior Member

Wow, this game actually looks interesting! Todd McFarlane designs and R.A. Salvatore story doesn't hurt either. I'm glad they went with 3rd person instead of 1st person viewpoint. Now I'm considering getting this game. The combat looks satisfying.
    Shinei!

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    here is a question I have..

That skill tree you use after you level up, is it possible to get/max out everything, Certainly there has to be some replay value in this game?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Picked up my copy today will give it a go soon and post some impressions I've been keen for a WHILE now.

God knows it will take me half the night to create a character like it did in the demo haha
    Atleast I wasn't the only one.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOnyx View Post
    That's good to hear that you're enjoying it so much. Sounds like you are using the same Chakrams as I am using right now, they are definitely awesome. I know what you mean though about not wanting to switch from the preorder weapons because they look so badass. I just got some better Faeblades, but I almost didn't want to switch, although the ones I got still look pretty cool. I absolutely love the combat though, it's so much fun, especially since I switched to using Faeblades and Chakrams.

I am doing the Rouge/Scorcery route as well. I just got my first card for that not too long ago actually. The only thing that kind of sucks about that though is I can't wear the Might armor, like the Mass Effect armor set. I do seriously love the game though and I find all the story to be pretty interesting. Like I'm doing the House of Ballads faction quests right now and they are pretty awesome.
    Ah the house of ballads, I did one of those in the demo - pretty interesting, and probably the hardest quest in the demo. I'm actually making my way there now, do you know if theres any storage chests anywhere in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post

That skill tree you use after you level up, is it possible to get/max out everything, Certainly there has to be some replay value in this game?
    I did a google search, I'm not quite sure how accurate it is but:
    "The game caps out at 40 levels, so there's no way you can top-out all of the available options." so it seems you cant max out everything.
    http://nzgamer.com/ps3/previews/1002...-hands-on.html

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post

I am not sure, because I don't know if there is a level cap. But within the skill tree there are some choices that have up to 5 levels for and each one gets a bit stronger, with each point spent.
    As far as replay value, playing as a different class but I have also seen that some quests offer the chance to answer questions a certain way. There are 5 or 6 factions that are separate from the main quest so you could spend over a hundred hours with one play style and see just about everything or play through on one style doing some to most things and go back and do it again as someone different.
    I am currently a Battle/Mage but next time i might want to go full rogue.
    You do have the ability to change your playstyle at just about anytime in the game, so in a way it adds replay value but not at the same time. I see it as a way to change up your game without starting over and the world is huge enough that it could feel like a second play through.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Thread Information