Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame

Issues with cdnlayer

Not too sure if this has been addressed before, but thought it could offer a bit of insight for those unaware. For the last few days my internet has been capped, meaning, really slow internet. The funny thing was I could still go onto all my usual forums and sites - it would just take a little longer. With PSU, it just wouldn't load. I left it for 6 hours and the furtherest it got was a white screen. One thing I noticed is that loading would always stall on "waiting for http.cdnlayer.com". After some searching, one recommendation was to disable javascript (for Firefox users, go to Tools > Options > Content > Uncheck 'Enable Javascript'). After doing so, I was able to get onto the site, possibly even faster when I'm not capped. So just outta curiosity, wtf is cdnlayer? inb4coolstorybro.
    Last edited by C-Carcharias; 01-14-2012 at 11:12.

PSN: Hohjirozame

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    No idea about the cdnplayer but thanks for letting us know about the javascript thing.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Only problem is I can't use html code, hence the wall of text. Anyway, only a temp problem until my net is restored - just weird that I had to adjust my settings to get the site to load.

PSN: Hohjirozame

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The javascript on this site has been slow, and sometimes unresponsive since I've been here. There are a few threads over the years of people disabling it and the site loading much faster.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I use firefox addon "noscript" which essentially does the same thing as disabling javascript but it gives more control, you can specify t load all javascript or only certain scripts for this site and any other sites, middle clicking the icon enables all scripts temporarily on the current site.

http://noscript.net/

Thread Information