Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Report: iPad 3 Production has Started, Launching in March

Apple’s next iPad will include a high-definition display and a quad-core CPU in the latest revision of iOS

http://www.ifans.com/

2. Likes F34R , Royals likes this post

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    This is going to be my first ipad, +rep for posting.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    March of this year? I would have thought there would be an official announcement by now. I've talked a lot in the Apple thread about how, if I get an iPad, it'll be the iPad 3. Not sure if I'm actually going to go through with it, though. I'll be 17, soon, so perhaps that's what I'll invest in for myself.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    March of this year? I would have thought there would be an official announcement by now. I've talked a lot in the Apple thread about how, if I get an iPad, it'll be the iPad 3. Not sure if I'm actually going to go through with it, though. I'll be 17, soon, so perhaps that's what I'll invest in for myself.
    Usually Apple waits about less than a month before they release products to announce them. This is one of the things I appreciate Apple for. None of that announcing it 6~12 months a head of time crap.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    Usually Apple waits about less than a month before they release products to announce them. This is one of the things I appreciate Apple for. None of that announcing it 6~12 months a head of time crap.
    Is that so? I guess I'm not as savvy on Apple products as I thought. Does Apple have any definitive reason for this?

I'm a real boy!
    Is that so? I guess I'm not as savvy on Apple products as I thought. Does Apple have any definitive reason for this?
    I'd assume it's that they feel a product should only be announced when it is finished and ready to go to retail. They allow some time to pre-orders so they can estimate get an idea of how large to make initial shipments.

I may not be 100% correct on the announce to release time frame, but I do know Apple has historically announced products within close proximity to the release date. For at least one region (typically North America, as that is Apple's largest market)

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    I'd assume it's that they feel a product should only be announced when it is finished and ready to go to retail. They allow some time to pre-orders so they can estimate get an idea of how large to make initial shipments.

I may not be 100% correct on the announce to release time frame, but I do know Apple has historically announced products within close proximity to the release date. For at least one region (typically North America, as that is Apple's largest market)
    I see. I suppose a month is an adequate amount of time, especially given anything Apple releases is bound to get immense amount of sales when it is released. The main reason this surprised me is because recently, in another thread, I was arguing that Sony would not announce the PS4 only 6 months prior to its release. I didn't feel that was an adequate amount of time to market, create hype, etc.

Apple, however, has a completely different consumer culture / fan base, so I suppose that makes sense.

I'm a real boy!
    Sony has usually announced it's console's at the E3 or TGS the calendar year before release, haven't they?

I see consoles as different though because it gives developers time to publicly announce and develop games for the platform.

Elite Guru
    There's some speculation it will come out on Steve Jobs' birthday - February 24.

Master Poster
    I honestly would rather have a windows 8 tablet as my first tablet. Give me the rumored resolution of the iPad3 with windows 8 and a good build quality to boot.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Super Elite
    They need Adobe Flash. I can't buy one with that. Otherwise I'd be paying more for less.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I see. I suppose a month is an adequate amount of time, especially given anything Apple releases is bound to get immense amount of sales when it is released. The main reason this surprised me is because recently, in another thread, I was arguing that Sony would not announce the PS4 only 6 months prior to its release. I didn't feel that was an adequate amount of time to market, create hype, etc.

Apple, however, has a completely different consumer culture / fan base, so I suppose that makes sense.
    I think the iPad 2 was announced only a week and a half before it was available....

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    They need Adobe Flash. I can't buy one with that. Otherwise I'd be paying more for less.
    Adobe stopped putting flash out for all mobile devices now. I'm not sure if that will hold true for the Windows 8 tablets. Some will be arm based.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    so apple is the Capcom of crappy computers now? seems there is a new one every other month

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Thread Information