Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

US Peace Talks with Taliban

http:// http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-peace-talks-with-taliban-to-resume/2012/01/11/gIQAdPpzrP_story.html

I wanted to get everybody's opinion on the Us opening up talks with the Taliban. I honestly cannot believe it. If you need any more proof that Obama is just rolling over and submitting to the world. Its disgusting. 10 years wasted in war just to offer our belly up to the enemy. One that would gladly slit our throat given the chance. Taliban in control in Afghanistan means a regression. It means basic human rights will be denied when they do not need to be.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Elite Guru
    Presumably, there's nothing left in Afghanistan that's of benefit to the US?

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    The people are going to have to fight for themselves honestly, this goes with both groups of Taliban and AQ.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    The following smoke screen has been paid for by the...

nWo

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post

nWo

6. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    http:// http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-peace-talks-with-taliban-to-resume/2012/01/11/gIQAdPpzrP_story.html

I wanted to get everybody's opinion on the Us opening up talks with the Taliban. I honestly cannot believe it. If you need any more proof that Obama is just rolling over and submitting to the world. Its disgusting. 10 years wasted in war just to offer our belly up to the enemy. One that would gladly slit our throat given the chance. Taliban in control in Afghanistan means a regression. It means basic human rights will be denied when they do not need to be.
    theres no real alternative. you cant win, and never will. you could be there 50 years and you'd never eradicate the Taliban. continued fighting will just cause the death or more American, British and coalition troops. its pointless, needless and will offer nothing of any benefit to anyone. opening negotiations means that you can move forward with an aim to ending the occupation and transferring the country to a more stable and thus profitable state. the deal will most likely be along the lines of we will get all us troops out of afganistan, if you agree to accept any democratically elected government and dont do X Y Z. they will be aloud to stand as a party for election and have a say in whatever parliamentary system that is sort of used. the us will supply aid and other stuff to teh country to get it back on its feet etc. it will also be along teh grounds of if you try and seize power then we will invade again.

also you know you would have been in contact with the taliban for ages anyway, cia agents will have been speaking to taliban leaders for years now offering up how they see the situation progressing etc.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post

nWo
    Hulk Hogan has plenty of money to spend

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I don't think this will work out after that certain videoclip of the american soldiers turned up....
    America should still get out of this hellhole, let them kill each other, like they always do.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Really don't care about global politics, does not affect my life in the slightest..besides its a joke anyway.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    apart from your tax being used to fund said wars ?

o and the decreased safety of westerners (well american and brits) in arab states. yeah doesnt affect you at all.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

12. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Ignorance is bliss.

14. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Superior Member
    It has to happen eventually, its a good thing

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim

Dude, you can't defeat the Taliban. Its silly to even think that. What are you gonna do? You gonna just stay over there 40 years to try to kill every military aged male in the country? Is it Obama's fault we are there? Was he rolling over when we executed Bin Laden? Or how about the other 21/22 high ranking members of Alqaeda that's been killed. Did Bush roll over when he failed to get BL or hardly any of them from the start? Did Bush roll over when he set the pullout date date from Iraq? Don't believe the Fox news hype dude. The military approves of this president more than the last by a long shot.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Dude, you can't defeat the Taliban. Its silly to even think that. What are you gonna do? You gonna just stay over there 40 years to try to kill every military aged male in the country? Is it Obama's fault we are there? Was he rolling over when we executed Bin Laden? Or how about the other 21/22 high ranking members of Alqaeda that's been killed. Did Bush roll over when he failed to get BL or hardly any of them from the start? Did Bush roll over when he set the pullout date date from Iraq? Don't believe the Fox news hype dude. The military approves of this president more than the last by a long shot.
    We actually can defeat the Taliban, we have the capabilities and it wouldnt take 40 years, it would only take a couple. We aren't even using a fraction of our military capabilites because there is no political will to fight the war. That's why I say he is being weak in the knees. The capabilites exist, but the political will does not. Ya Obama didn't get us there, but he is sure as hell ending it and ending it on a bad $#@!ing note. As for bin laden, Obama waited a $#@!ing week before pulling the trigger, it wasn't a hard decision, should have been instantanious. As far as I'm concerned, the military is an extension of poliical aims, and backing out just makes the previous 10 years meaningless.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Yeah but why should america go the distance?
    Thousands of lives and billions of dollars wasted just to "clean up" down there?

It would be easier to just nuke them all.

just my 2cents...

Super Elite
    America can defeat Taliban no problem. Problem is it's a waste of money and time.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    The only way you can defeat the taliban is with a scorched earth type policy, and there's no way that that will ever be accepted. It's also kinda illegal so you know

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    apart from your tax being used to fund said wars ?

o and the decreased safety of westerners (well american and brits) in arab states. yeah doesnt affect you at all.
    We're gonna have to pay those taxes regardless, and complaining obviously does $#@! all so why bother. Get on with your life and let them have their pathetic fun and war games. No point getting worked up over something you can't change. Life is much more enjoyable when you get on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Yeah is it? I wouldn't know..but not giving a $#@! is also bliss.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    We actually can defeat the Taliban, we have the capabilities and it wouldnt take 40 years, it would only take a couple. We aren't even using a fraction of our military capabilites because there is no political will to fight the war. That's why I say he is being weak in the knees. The capabilites exist, but the political will does not. Ya Obama didn't get us there, but he is sure as hell ending it and ending it on a bad $#@!ing note. As for bin laden, Obama waited a $#@!ing week before pulling the trigger, it wasn't a hard decision, should have been instantanious. As far as I'm concerned, the military is an extension of poliical aims, and backing out just makes the previous 10 years meaningless.
    The Taliban can't be defeated just by our military. Do you know there are members of the Taliban there who don't fight against the US. All Taliban members aren't out there shooting at us. There are some who resist by being non-violent and instead trying to turn the people against the occupiers. They aren't a group that organized liked al Qaeda. They are also a political group too. You really have no idea.

So you criticize Obama for waiting a week when the past administration had 7 long years to get him. That crazy. If you think it was an easy decision to send in troops and equipment into Pakistan and conduct a mission like that then you are sadly mistaken. That was a gutsy call. If that mission would of gone wrong then what would people be saying? If Bush would of had the guts to do stuff like that years ago we would of got him along time ago at Tora Bora. Bush trusted Pakistan and Obama didn't. Looks like he was right.

The only guarantee about not ending it is more US personnel will die and we will raise our depth even more. So if you wanna lay blame then start with the past administration when they shifted all out resources to Iraq which had nothing to do with anything. I'll also add the majority of the military was against being over there.(don't believe what people say when there is a camera in their face and their careers are on the line)
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-17-2012 at 16:51.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Yeah but why should america go the distance?
    Thousands of lives and billions of dollars wasted just to "clean up" down there?

It would be easier to just nuke them all.

just my 2cents...
    Yes and kill:

5%( or less) extremists and 95% of civilians. Good idea...

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    We're gonna have to pay those taxes regardless, and complaining obviously does $#@! all so why bother. Get on with your life and let them have their pathetic fun and war games. No point getting worked up over something you can't change. Life is much more enjoyable when you get on with things.

Yeah is it? I wouldn't know..but not giving a $#@! is also bliss.
    Yet you clearly do as you've gone into a thread on something you allegedly have no interest in only to proclaim you have no interest in it and then continue to try and get your point across. Oh wait, throw the "it's a forum I can say what I want" one at me. Quite ironic you say "life is much more enjoyable when you get on with things" and yet you're here spending more of your time in replying to something you don't care about lol lol lol. Self owned, deal with it.

PS: Why you reading this? Get on with not giving a $#@!

25. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    forthelulz
    What a sad ignorant little culture we've become, if we believe that the only solution when dealing with long-time enemies is to wage war endlessly, and that opening lines of dialogue which would serve only to end worthless bloodshed is viewed as "weak" or "cowardly."

27. Likes Kwes , Mael Duin, Ixion likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Yes and kill:

5%( or less) extremists and 95% of civilians. Good idea...
    Easy isn't necessarily better... did i really have to explain that?
    All im saying is, if you really want to get them all you'd have to kill every single one down there (due to the "problems" Sub-stance discribed).

Since we (western nations) can not win this fight it's better to back out and let them fall in to chaos.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by forthelulz View Post
    What a sad ignorant little culture we've become, if we believe that the only solution when dealing with long-time enemies is to wage war endlessly, and that opening lines of dialogue which would serve only to end worthless bloodshed is viewed as "weak" or "cowardly."
    War brings in money for the military industrial complex, such as companies like Halliburton when we invaded Iraq, which made billions on the war. Therefore the media convinces the populace that war is American and we're pussies if we back out.

That's why all these Republican candidates who take donations from corporations are in favor of war, whereas Ron Paul doesn't take donations from corporations and he's the only one talking about bringing down the military industrial complex. And of course South Carolina boos him for saying stuff like that. That's also why the media ignores him as much as possible.
    Last edited by Ixion; 01-18-2012 at 09:05.

Unbound Mercenary
    The reason quite a few Americans are booing whoever is trying to back out of the war, is because they still want revenge for 9/11.

In my mind that has been done, both leaders that were responsible are dead. But to back out would open up the way for more terrorist activity. The reason we are safe is because al-queda is getting attacked over there. Once that stops they'll hit us hard.

Just my 2 cents. But don't get me wrong, peace is good. Very good. But if we can't settle with the ones that attacked us, then peace can't work.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Thread Information