Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member

Will they ever improve snack machine technology?

Seems like ever since I was in like 2nd grade and would sometimes buy snacks in the machine that these things STILL to this day don't work well on a consistant basis.

Where I work, theres a machine in the back to buy things for cheaper then customers can. But still even now that I'm much older, these things still suck half the time. When you put in your money (assuming it counts it right) it seems 25% of the time the snacks won't come out right. I find myself look very closely at how well the snacks are put in that I may want to purchase. If there put in well, they will slide out smoothly. But if not, they won't come out and I may have to (embarrassingly) shake the thing to get it out.

Candy bars aren't too bad, however bags of chips are really iffy, they can easily get clogged up and stuck. I just don't get why the machines aren't built to PUSH THE $#@! out of the snack to MAKE SURE it comes out lol.

I told some people at work that a 100 years from now techology will be amazing, yet snack machines will still continue to rob people of money because they suck soo bad. Are companies trying to make them suck to make more money? lol

/rant

2. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Super Elite
    New machines have a new fail-safe where the coil will make another revolution to push to candy down if the sensor didn't detect anything falling. I think there may be a vender tray/shelf specially designed for chips but I think most companies don't bother to buy those, but I really don't know.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There are some really cool ones now, I like the ones that have like a suction cup and they suck up the item and bring it to the tray.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    Yep, just as I thought, maybe I just haven't been around new fancier ones. lol

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    you guys had vending machines in 2nd Grade? $#@! all we got were soda pop and powerade ones starting in middle school

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    you guys had vending machines in 2nd Grade? $#@! all we got were soda pop and powerade ones starting in middle school
    lol Yea we did. I remember there being this tasty popcorn stuff.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    In my middleschool we had apples, oranges, foods with fiber and other such things. it was all healthy food, I don't know what it's like now, it's probably all chips and crap like that.

Super Elite
    Candy!!!!!!!!!!
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I bought a Fanta from a coke machine once and got 4 bottles for the price of 1. Evens things out a little.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Vending machines have come a long way. They even demand health insurance.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    I once bought the same soda three times before I got it. Yeah I was so $#@!ing determined to get it I didn't even give a $#@!.

Learn to do signatures here

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I have a snapple machine at work. I had a meeting with some fellow employees at my work about food machines but the guys/gals wanted something different considering they never really ate chips or candy bars. So I asked them about a Snapple machine, they love it. I have a lot of things at that place, it's almost pointless to have a food vending machine, some employees have kids trying to sell stuff for school, a few parents children/daughters come by for girl scouts. We have a grill out twice a year. The Snapple machine is usually empty after a few weeks, so they get a pretty good amount of money at my place. Also, within walking distance, a little less then a block away there is a fresh deli sandwich place that is excellent.

Thread Information