General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

Want any PSVita questions answered?

I have a UK/European unit as we speak. Our official review goes live later this week, but if anyone has any questions at all about it then fire away and I'll try and answer them.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    A question that has been bugging me, do the analogs feel natural and work similar to that of the ps3? when i watch the videos it looks uncomfortable.

if you have played a fps) does shooting and aiming also feel similar to that with a controller?

Does it feel large when carrying it around or using it?

how fast is the browsing speed and using wifi?( does it even have a browser ? )

I saw one connected to an HDTV. Was that a demo thing only, or is it possible to connect it to an HDTV?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhunter_12 View Post
    I saw one connected to an HDTV. Was that a demo thing only, or is it possible to connect it to an HDTV?
    Please, I'd love to hear the answer to this man's question.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    From the vita FAQ.

Q: Do you have any plans to introduce a video output cable? Will PS Vita have HDMI output?
    A: No, PS Vita does not have a video output feature.
    But it is still a legit question. I read somewhere that there is a port that Sony hasn't detailed and could be a video out or something.

You see any weird ports on it?

TA-Pa-Ta-Pa-Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I haven't really seen any images/videos of the friends list. What is it like? Does it show the same friends, and the ones that are online what they are playing, and whether they are on a PS3 or PSV or something?

Superior Member
    There is an extra port. The one on the right is the game card slot, the one next to it...no idea!!

8. Likes MjW likes this post
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Here's some answers:

A question that has been bugging me, do the analogs feel natural and work similar to that of the ps3? when i watch the videos it looks uncomfortable.
    Analogs feel extremely natural.

They're positioned on the PSVita chassis extremely well and the area of your thumb, where the crease is, sits on the analog sticks. It feels natural and comfortable to move. In fact, when you grasp it in your hands, your fingers and thumbs cover all the buttons. One of the best things about its design is the analog sticks and how intuitive they are to use.

if you have played a fps) does shooting and aiming also feel similar to that with a controller?
    Uncharted is quite incredible. It's like playing the console game and the analog sticks make it feel more like you're using a proper controller.

Does it feel large when carrying it around or using it?
    It's definitely heavier than the PSP. A strange comparison, but it feels like you're holding a full mug of coffee. It fits in my jeans pocket fine.

how fast is the browsing speed and using wifi?( does it even have a browser ? )
    Yeah the browser is just like the one of the PS3. It's not particularly fast, similar to Android browsing. Pages load quite slowly. Put it this way...I won't be using it to browse the web very often.

There is no option in the setting to change the display. There is also no video-out port. There's certainly no way, as yet, to connect it to a HDTV.

But it is still a legit question. I read somewhere that there is a port that Sony hasn't detailed and could be a video out or something.

Yeah. There's a port next to the cartridge slot that almost like a custom-built mini-HDMI. Sony has called it an accessory slot and non the specs state it is HDMI, so I guess not.

I haven't really seen any images/videos of the friends list. What is it like? Does it show the same friends, and the ones that are online what they are playing, and whether they are on a PS3 or PSV or something?

It's pretty much the same as on PS3, though you can scroll down the list with your finger thanks to the touchscreen. It details friends playing PS3 and PSVita, providing you've linked your PSN ID. You can enter group messaging from your friends list to chat in real time and send photos. You can also view all their stats and compare them to your own.

There is an extra port. The one on the right is the game card slot, the one next to it...no idea!!
    Yeah, that's the accessory port. If it turns out to a mini-HDMI I'd be surprised, but who know what Sony has planned for sure. I mean what accessories are they going to bring out.

10. Likes MjW , Ghost likes this post
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    I'll upload some shots of the Friend's list if you want to see them? There's a cool embedded screenshot function, and you can them transfer files to PC.

Thread Information