Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not really news is it, we've known for a while that Sony is doing this for all their first party titles from now on.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I get games are expensive, if you cant afford to buy it new thats fine, just buy it second hand, then if you like the game enough to play it online itll be a bit extra to use their services.

Buying a 360 wont fix anything they have to pay twice, once to jump through Microsfts hoops and again for online passes.
    That's the thing. You don't know how the MP is because you can't play anything outside SP without paying for MP. They need to seriously rework it to where you at least get the $#@!ty 3 day pass trial. It was quite the kick in the face once I figured out that I wasn't going to be able to try U3 online. It's pretty bad tactic on their part. If I rent a game and I like the MP I will buy it. Of course with Sony's BS Pass I will never know so that is automatically a lost sale with me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    That would work well with the rental system too. Its not perfect, but if devs like Jaffe get more revenue from actual sales then I say keep it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    everyone should know how twisted metal works, rent it for SP, and buy it for MP. the pass is fair IMO

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Meh, was on the fence, but now for sure I'm not buying it.
    I bet you'll be buying Mass Effect 3 though

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Elder
    Yup, i don't get it. Some pay for Live 60$ a year, pay for games and pay for internet. BUT an online pass for a free online service that comes with every new purchase is considered bad now ?

I think it's more to do with being a fanboy that anything else. Some people just hate Sony no matter what and this negativity comes from that, not because online passes are not fair or anti competitive... Anyway, haters gonna hate.

7. Likes Ghost , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Twisted Metal has just been renamed Twisted Meh'tal and will now not be purchased until it's sub ?17.99.

Ya know, this whole Online Pass thing actually saves me money.

*Edit*

Lol @ previous post. If Microsoft were doing this, they'd suffer the same fate. Love the kneejerk 'just hate Sony' labelling though.

Why don't pound signs work? Pfff, just another issue.
    Last edited by *goo; 01-20-2012 at 19:33.

9. Likes F34R likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Twisted Metal has just been renamed Twisted Meh'tal and will now not be purchased until it's sub ?17.99.
    Way to stick it to the retailer!

ERC1980
    Oh noes

teh Sony is doooomed (for teh gazzilionth time)

because a few people cryin' over teh online pass!

@ddplanet

couldn't have said it better myself

true words my friend
    Last edited by ERC1980; 01-20-2012 at 22:33.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by ddPLaNeT View Post
    Yup, i don't get it. Some pay for Live 60$ a year, pay for games and pay for internet. BUT an online pass for a free online service that comes with every new purchase is considered bad now ?

I think it's more to do with being a fanboy that anything else. Some people just hate Sony no matter what and this negativity comes from that, not because online passes are not fair or anti competitive... Anyway, haters gonna hate.
    Some people do hate on it because Sony is doing it. Agreed. But when EA did this I don't remember seeing much support for it saying put more money in the hands of the dev. But now that Sony does it more and more people put it by the wayside. I'm not saying anyone in general but there was a bash train going on about EA starting this. Sony follows the mold and not as much flak goes their way. I don't see the difference. I'm all for supporting a dev but this system needs to be worked out a little because Sony's is the only one (To my knowledge) that doesn't let you even try it out if you don't buy the game. If I like a what I see from a game I will buy it regardless. I just don't like being forced to buy a game if I want to enjoy the entire game. Hopefully they will have the trial set in place for TM. I will stop my argument if they do.

ERC1980
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Some people do hate on it because Sony is doing it. Agreed. But when EA did this I don't remember seeing much support for it saying put more money in the hands of the dev. But now that Sony does it more and more people put it by the wayside. I'm not saying anyone in general but there was a bash train going on about EA starting this. Sony follows the mold and not as much flak goes their way. I don't see the difference. I'm all for supporting a dev but this system needs to be worked out a little because Sony's is the only one (To my knowledge) that doesn't let you even try it out if you don't buy the game. If I like a what I see from a game I will buy it regardless. I just don't like being forced to buy a game if I want to enjoy the entire game. Hopefully they will have the trial set in place for TM. I will stop my argument if they do.
    I never had a problem when EA did it with games like Dead Space 2.
    eventually there will be a game trial for TM on psn

what gets me is the people who go: "WHAT! Online Pass! teh pre-order cancelled grrrrr!"

as if they even had pre-ordered it in the first place

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    There is going to be a demo of it, I really don't see the problem, if you buy it new then you don't pay extra for an online pass. If you buy it used make sure it's cheap enough for the online pass to equal a used sale, its' that simple really. I think people are making way to big of a deal on this issue.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    There is going to be a demo of it, I really don't see the problem, if you buy it new then you don't pay extra for an online pass. If you buy it used make sure it's cheap enough for the online pass to equal a used sale, its' that simple really. I think people are making way to big of a deal on this issue.
    This. Some people just aren't able to accept that things change. GameStop were including the OP with their 2nd hand copies of Arkham City and MK. I like the "I'ma buy it then it's super cheap" and "I'm not gonna buy it" protest against the OP system. Unless people are vocal about this, it's not going to change.

I personally couldn't care less, as I have said before.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Multiplayer demo. Cool. No problem at all then. I'm not really in the buy used category. I usually just rent. Most people don't really look at the online pass from this aspect. I use rentals for games that I'm just semi interested in or ones that I want to try out before I buy. I like to try out the MP before hand. Like I said I have no problem with it if you can try it. I'm definitely not one of those people that are going to not buy to protest. When this all started I blew it way out of proportion. I've come to terms with it now. No way I'm going to miss out on great games because of this though.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I'm fairly sure Hotshots on PSV is using online pass, as are the other first party online games

-

Not sure if I'm gonna get this game right away, looks really good though. Can't really explain what I'm tryna say but it looks kinda old-school'ish, 'classic'. Like a 90s game

Hope it does well
    Then I won't be buying that game, or the others that use it. Plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    It good to see someone on here gets it. Second hand games are for mugs.
    Hopefully thanks to the price of the online pass people pay that $3 - 5 more and have the money support the creator in future projects.
    That's incredibly naive to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I bet you'll be buying Mass Effect 3 though
    You wouldn't honor that bet when I win, why make the statement? If you're game, hit me up.

fanboy of what? fanboy of not supporting greedy $#@!ing companies? Yeah, there's that. Haters gonna hate? The opposite is true in contrast; fanboys gonna nuthug. (not calling anyone here a fanboy btw, just giving another example of perspective here)

Ya know, this whole Online Pass thing actually saves me money.

*Edit*

Lol @ previous post. If Microsoft were doing this, they'd suffer the same fate. Love the kneejerk 'just hate Sony' labelling though.

Why don't pound signs work? Pfff, just another issue.
    +rep Goo...
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    Oh noes

teh Sony is doooomed (for teh gazzilionth time)

because a few people cryin' over teh online pass!

@ddplanet

couldn't have said it better myself

true words my friend
    No one said anything about Sony being doomed, or that this was even a Sony issue. It's an issue for every single game/dev/publisher that chooses to put this scam into place.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Way to stick it to the retailer!
    Everybody gets less of a cut on my new purchase. Would've paid double if they hadn't crippled the game. I'll still be able to make about a tenner when I sell it so no big loss. Works for me.

Appreciate people are brainwashed into thinking us as consumers are getting a good deal when really a product is technically inferior, so won't agree with my view. Up to them how they establish value and spend their money. This is how I do mine where Online Pass is concerned.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Everybody gets less of a cut on my new purchase. Would've paid double if they hadn't crippled the game. I'll still be able to make about a tenner when I sell it so no big loss. Works for me.

Appreciate people are brainwashed into thinking us as consumers are getting a good deal when really a product is technically inferior, so won't agree with my view. Up to them how they establish value and spend their money. This is how I do mine where Online Pass is concerned.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.
    So the product is now inferior because you must enter a code to get the MP content. lol I'm glad I can roll with the punches and not get my knickers in a twist over something I can't change. Buying the game for less (which is a sale for Sony with a loss for the retailer) or just not buying the game at all doesn't say "boooo to online pass!" it says "not my kinda game" so they are both as ineffectual as doing nothing. Unless you are actually vocal (and no one is, there is no one doing anything about it, no figure head, everyone just buys the games anyway) then all your doing is...well nothing, just missing out on good games.

Elite Guru
    Yep, it's an inferior product in comparison to what it should/would have been without the pass. I appreciate that's perhaps too difficult a concept for some people to grasp.

It's odd how in one sentence you say it's something you can't change but then promote being vocal. Being vocal does nothing, I agree. So I vote with my wallet. I pay a price that I think the product is worth, taking everything into account; including the online pass. I don't care how the organisation sees it (online pass versus not my kind of game), only about how much I pay out to get it.

Never said I wouldn't get it either, said I'd get it when it falls below a specific price-point. So I won't miss out in the slightest. I'll get the same game for less than you did if you buy on release day - don't care about TMB incidentally. As for the notion of missing out on good games. There's plenty to go around. I'll cope.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Damn, I have a feeling I missed a really good argument in here.

The online passes do not bother me much. If you do not want the pass you can always sell it. Games are generally cheaper used when they require an online pass. I do not care to play games online so this actually benefits me.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Some people here must really hate PC gaming because every PC game has a CD key that you have to put in. :X

23. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Ghost likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Nope. Absolutely love PC gaming. Just don't buy many games full retail. Pretty much the same thing I do with Online Pass games. Long live Steam sales.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I don't care. Anyone who is getting Twisted Metal probably wouldn't ever sell it anyway. It's one of those games that you can always go back to.
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!! Can't wait!!

I'm a real boy!
    It sucks for those who buy used but me, i'm getting the game on day one and i never buy my games used so this doesn't affect me one bit. I understand why they do it though, running those servers isn't free.
    I've noticed that Gamestop may have smartened up and actually have a reasonable difference in price (re: not $5) between new and used games. It may work out to less than brand new still, even with the online pass.

Thread Information