Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Playing solo is always a good of a challenge lol nice!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Ada is so damn gorgeous. In fact all females in RE6 are very attractive

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Ada is so damn gorgeous. In fact all females in RE6 are very attractive
    Especially the Zombie ones.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 08-04-2012 at 06:12.

4. Likes Itachi likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Especially the Zomebie ones.
    lmao you have weird taste bro

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

look at this "http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=www.ppe.pl%2Fnews-17635-Wirus_C_wymknal_sie_w_Poznaniu.html"

orginal link http://www.ppe.pl/news-17635-Wirus_C..._Poznaniu.html

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005

Who is looking forward to resident evil 6

Who is looking forward to Resident evil 6 this october
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Hell yeah I am. Big fan of the series.

9. Likes Itachi likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Hell yeah I am. Big fan of the series.
    Ditto. I enjoyed the demo from Dragon's Dogma, oddly I prefered Leon's part.. though I hope the next demo has a different Jake section. Where that one started.. I really didn't like it.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

11. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Superior Member
    I'm pretty hyped for it. Have it pre-ordered already. Unfortunately, I used to own DD but never bothered to write down the demo code or anything. I was pretty disappointed in myself when the demo hit the store, but I guess I can wait for the newer one on the 18th.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Meh. Will most likely rent.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Looking forward to the Gold Version that will have the DLC on the disc unlocked.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

15. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    PSN ID
    Fumoffu_Sousuke
    I'm really looking forward to RE6, but I was not about to waste money on shítty Dragon's Dogma for the demo...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I played through O.G Resident Evil on my Vita recently and it reminded me just how far this series has fallen from grace. Recently crapcom labeled RE6 as "dramatic horror" lol. They are clearly distancing themselves more and more from what made the originals what they are. The series died with the release of RE4 for me. It was a good game in itself, but the omission of fixed camera angles took away one of the unique the element that I loved about the series. RE5 was a catastrophe, and it seems to be getting worse. Bringing back proper zombies is too small a step for me to come back to the series. I may get it in later months at bargain bin prices but the series is pretty much dead for me, like Final Fantasy.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-10-2012 at 06:27.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I played through O.G Resident Evil on my Vita recently and it reminded me just how far this series has fallen from grace. Recently crapcom labeled RE6 as "dramatic horror" lol. They are clearly distancing themselves more and more from what made the originals what they are. The series died with the release of RE4 for me. It was a good game in itself, but the omission of fixed camera angles took away one of the unique the element that I loved about the series. RE5 was a catastrophe, and it seems to be getting worse. Bringing back proper zombies is too small a step for me to come back to the series. I may get it in later months at bargain bin prices but the series is pretty much dead for me, like Final Fantasy.
    I know how you feel, although I felt like RE4 was the last truly great RE game. It had its moments IMO. RE5 however was the most radical departure. I think what Capcom is trying to do with RE6 is appeal to both the horror and action genre fans. From videos I've seen, Leon's campaign is more focused on horror and suspense, while Chris's is much like RE5 with plenty of action.

The horror genre has undoubtedly evolved, whether for better or worse is all a matter of opinion. I think that if Silent Hill or Resident Evil had debuted in this generation, instead of the 90's, with the old-school mechanics (tank controls and fixed camera angles, etc.), it would have gotten much criticism. Standards have changed in the gaming industry. I wish more developers were bold enough to revive the golden age of survival horror for the hardcore fans like me.

19. Likes Ghost likes this post
    PSN ID
    Fumoffu_Sousuke
    They should just go back to their roots. You know, with the awful camera angles, the slow non-threatening zombies, and a load screen with every door you open.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumoffu Sousuke View Post
    They should just go back to their roots. You know, with the awful camera angles, the slow non-threatening zombies, and a load screen with every door you open.
    They're most likely referring to the horror which they did a great job back in the day. Now Resident Evil is focusing on action so the fear factor is completely gone.

I remember going through Resident Evil 5 and I was bored out of my mind. Played it with my brother and it was okay but nothing special. Now, Dino Crisis was keeping me on my toes when I re-bought it from PSN. That T-rex scene breaking through the window still gets me, Lol.

22. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Guru
    I'm getting Resident Evil 6 day one for my PS3.

I don't get all the doom and gloom for the series now. It's not what it used to be but it's still RE to me!

Ultimate Veteran
    Capcom might have brought back zombies but I don't recall them ever being able to shoot at you. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It does seem like the series has been moving towards a more action-oriented experience for a while now.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-10-2012 at 08:06.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Very much so, loved and i mean LOVED RE5, didnt understand the hate it got. Probably one of the best co-op games ive ever played

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

26. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I'm getting Resident Evil 6 day one for my PS3.

I don't get all the doom and gloom for the series now. It's not what it used to be but it's still RE to me!
    Yep I'll be getting it! Not sure if day 1 or not I may not be able to afford it but I will definitely be getting it sometime around launch!

I only jumped into the RE Series with 4, and I went back and tried Code Veronica X because it was cheap, but I didn't enjoy it. So to me, 4 and 5 were pretty good (4 being the better) and from the looks of it 6 will be my new fav!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Yep I'll be getting it! Not sure if day 1 or not I may not be able to afford it but I will definitely be getting it sometime around launch!

I only jumped into the RE Series with 4, and I went back and tried Code Veronica X because it was cheap, but I didn't enjoy it. So to me, 4 and 5 were pretty good (4 being the better) and from the looks of it 6 will be my new fav!
    Back in the day, when Resident Evil released, there wasn't really anything like it. The atmosphere of the mansion in the first game and the claustrophobic nature of the fixed camera angles created amazing tension. The music was especially amazing and that aspect has been lost now.

When you return to the mansion armed with a shotgun and 4 shells and a pistol with 2 clips, and you are introduced to the hunters for the first time, THAT is survival horror. $#@! I miss the old days of Resident Evil . At least I can play them on my Vita now.

This is dedicated to all the old school survival horror vets.

This song will always bring me feelings of relief and safety. lol

29. Likes DarkVincent07, Kuro , Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Resident Evil was my very first game I'ver ever played. I became obsessed with everything RE, purchased the games, soundtracks, movies, etc. I played through RE 3 10+ times to unlock every single piece of epilogue.

I just don't want to think about what could've been if Shinji Mikami, the original creator and long-time veteran of the series, was still on board. RE 6 is not RE. It's an action game that's pretty to look at. I might check it out but I will always be sadly reminded of its glorious roots, knowing that it'll never return to that.

I know that the series had to evolve but I just wish they had renamed it to something else.

This to me is what FF VII is to others. Long live old school RE.

31. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Resident Evil was my very first game I'ver ever played. I became obsessed with everything RE, purchased the games, soundtracks, movies, etc. I played through RE 3 10+ times to unlock every single piece of epilogue.

I just don't want to think about what could've been if Shinji Mikami, the original creator and long-time veteran of the series, was still on board. RE 6 is not RE. It's an action game that's pretty to look at. I might check it out but I will always be sadly reminded of its glorious roots, knowing that it'll never return to that.

I know that the series had to evolve but I just wish they had renamed it to something else.

This to me is what FF VII is to others. Long live old school RE.
    Completely agree. I know the series had to evolve, but todays RE franchise is just a shadow of its former self. Makes me think of todays blockbuster movies that are more about the spectacle than meaningful content.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    My body is ready!!!

34. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Having played the earlier RE's I really do get the gripes with the last couple games. I blame the markets majority for constantly needing action non-stop. What I don't get is if you're going for action-oriented, do it right. You remove fixed camera, make ammo more available etc but I can't freaking move and shoot at the same time. It seems like they're unwilling to commit to a direction.

Don't get me wrong..I enjoy action games, enjoyed RE5 and will gladly give 6 a playthrough or 2. I just don't consider it survival horror anymore.

Thread Information