Latest PSU headlines:

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    Nollictitan
    I am excited for it as well. Resident evil is one of those thriller/suspense/ horror games that been around since the beginning such as Silent Hill. One thing that is exciting is the fact that each of the 3 stories is 90% as long as RE 5 so that means this game is 270% the length of 5 so YAY duration!!! I just home the stories aren't redundant.
    NollicTitan

Veteran
    Not looking forward to it, honestly. But I'm pretty sure it will be a great game.

I just miss the more horror-oriented Resident Evil. But that doesn't make money apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    Definitely yes, I will get the game. However, not at launch sadly, since I can't afford it right away.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I was kinda looking forward to it ... but I'm not sure if I'm very excited anymore ...

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    iam i hope they got back to the games roots

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    iam i hope they got back to the games roots
    You mean awkward camera, broken controls and weird shooting?
    No thank you

intentionally making clunky game mechanics to invoke fear is an outdated way. we need to move on

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    No thank you

intentionally making clunky game mechanics to invoke fear is an outdated way. we need to move on
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    They're most likely referring to the horror which they did a great job back in the day. Now Resident Evil is focusing on action so the fear factor is completely gone.

I remember going through Resident Evil 5 and I was bored out of my mind. Played it with my brother and it was okay but nothing special. Now, Dino Crisis was keeping me on my toes when I re-bought it from PSN. That T-rex scene breaking through the window still gets me, Lol.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Apprentice

Definitely! The series has had one or two bad entries, but overall I love the games and 5 was pretty beast. 6 looks amazing from what I've seen in the media, can't wait!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    No thank you

I'm sorry but "clunky controls" isn't what made classic RE games scary. I can tell you're not a fan though.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I'm sorry but "clunky controls" isn't what made classic RE games scary. I can tell you're not a fan though.
    I loved RE4 (2nd best game I ever played) and played through RE5 five times or more.
    Please tell me how I'm not a fan. "you haven't played the old RE games so you know nothing" explanation is very lame and old

Ultimate Veteran
    I'll give the demo a try. It drops this week, doesn't it?

EDIT: My mistake - it's next week.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I loved RE4 (2nd best game I ever played) and played through RE5 five times or more.
    Please tell me how I'm not a fan. "you haven't played the old RE games so you know nothing" explanation is very lame and old
    I meant that you're not a fan of classic RE ...

You got caught up on the wrong part of my post anyway. Basically I was just defending classic RE.

Also just so you know, I'm also a fan of modern RE. I actually bought RE4 for Gamecube on release date here in Swe ... and I loved RE5 too.

You seriously need to relax though, you got a wayy too short fuse.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-11-2012 at 20:33.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    im gonna get it but prolly not the midnight release

Superior Member

Pretty cool new Mercenaries footage. Don't mind the screentearing, this is an old build I believe. I've heard that screentearing is absent from the Comic-Con demo.

A lot of variety with zombie types.

Apprentice

Very good video! Thanks Joe Z!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The fact that so much DLC is already in the pipeline turns me off... I thought Capcom said they were going to mend their ways?

I suppose I'd never play it anyway I'm only interested in the story, I barely buy or use DLC as is these days as its usually just something tacked on

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I'm not really looking forward to it that much (another RE5 action/no-horror game?...meh) , but I had to have the Umbrella-logo'd umbrella you get as a pre-order from Capcom's store. So, basically, I'm getting a $60 umbrella that comes with a free Resident Evil game.

Shut up and play games

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^But Leon's part is horror, and it seems like Jake's part is the closest to RE4. Chris' part seems to be the worst part, and the biggest turn-off for this game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    The fact that so much DLC is already in the pipeline turns me off... I thought Capcom said they were going to mend their ways?

I suppose I'd never play it anyway I'm only interested in the story, I barely buy or use DLC as is these days as its usually just something tacked on
    Same here, and it definitely seems like a similar approach to what they did with RE5. Especially since these DLC modes just use the mercs maps.

I am interested in playing RE6, but probably won't be purchasing it right away.

20. Likes DarkVincent07 wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Martijn_
    It's a shame Capcom already has DLC ready and dated for release. It's the thing I dislike about this gen and hope that next-gen this trend will be over with all developers, though i fear it will only get worse. Looking forward for RE6 seems this will be one of the biggest in the franchise. I hope all characters of the entire series will be in mercenaries this time. It will be nice to see all the main ones in game, considering this is also the anniversary game.
    Games playing online PS4: FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghost, Tomb Raider: Definitive edition.

22. Likes DarkVincent07 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Iam and I like the series a lot.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think people who started back in 1996 with Resident Evil have a different perspective on the game. People who jumped on board at RE4 in 2005 can't understand how the survival horror genre emerged back then, and what kind of impact it had.

Even if they play the PSone titles now from PSN, they will probably have the same jaded opinion of it because it doesn't have super slick last or current gen controls/game mechanics like RE4 and 5 has. These 2 titles don't even hold a candle to the feelings of tension that the first two RE games created. RE5 was like Hollywood taking your favorite old movie and giving it the Micheal Bay treatment. RE6 is now being labeled "dramatic horror" instead of survival. AKA more about spectacle than about creating a feeling of tension, isolation and loneliness that the earlier titles did. IMO, the changes made from RE1-3 to RE4-6 are like the changes made from FF7-9 to FF12-13/3.

No RE game moving forward will ever give me the same feeling as exploring the Raccoon mansion back in '96. I revisited the first title just recently, was nice to play some proper survival horror instead of todays dramatic bay horror .
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Ultimate Veteran
    I thought most fans liked Resident Evil 4. It's always on people's top ten lists when discussing their favorite PS2/Gamecube games. Personally, I've enjoyed it and I'm always talking about how we don't get enough survival horror titles these days.
    Last edited by Black; 09-15-2012 at 07:26.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I thought most fans liked Resident Evil 4. It's always on people's top ten lists when discussing their favorite PS2/Gamecube games. Personally, I've enjoyed it and I'm always talking about how we don't get enough survival horror titles these days.
    I'm personally a fan of the fixed camera angles in O.G RE1-3. RE4 was in itself a decent game, just didn't have the RE feeling for me. 3rd person made RE4 like any other TPS with zombies.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I think people who started back in 1996 with Resident Evil have a different perspective on the game. People who jumped on board at RE4 in 2005 can't understand how the survival horror genre emerged back then, and what kind of impact it had.

Even if they play the PSone titles now from PSN, they will probably have the same jaded opinion of it because it doesn't have super slick last or current gen controls/game mechanics like RE4 and 5 has. These 2 titles don't even hold a candle to the feelings of tension that the first two RE games created. RE5 was like Hollywood taking your favorite old movie and giving it the Micheal Bay treatment. RE6 is now being labeled "dramatic horror" instead of survival. AKA more about spectacle than about creating a feeling of tension, isolation and loneliness that the earlier titles did. IMO, the changes made from RE1-3 to RE4-6 are like the changes made from FF7-9 to FF12-13/3.

No RE game moving forward will ever give me the same feeling as exploring the Raccoon mansion back in '96. I revisited the first title just recently, was nice to play some proper survival horror instead of todays dramatic bay horror .
    Good post. I've been playing Resident Evil since 96-97 when I was a kid. I'll never forget the music and just sheer creepiness of that game. It just felt like a zombie was gonna pop out anytime.

My older brothers introduced me to it, and I got hooked on the series at a young age. I remember my bro's coming home from their friends house and bragging about this game they just played called Resident Evil.

I'm very disappointed in the direction that the Resident Evil series has taken. These newer Resident Evil's do not have the same feel as the older ones. It feels like an entirely different series to me, but with the Resident Evil name.

Thread Information