Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTrey View Post
    Good post. I've been playing Resident Evil since 96-97 when I was a kid. I'll never forget the music and just sheer creepiness of that game. It just felt like a zombie was gonna pop out anytime.

My older brothers introduced me to it, and I got hooked on the series at a young age. I remember my bro's coming home from their friends house and bragging about this game they just played called Resident Evil.

I'm very disappointed in the direction that the Resident Evil series has taken. These newer Resident Evil's do not have the same feel as the older ones. It feels like an entirely different series to me, but with the Resident Evil name.
    I agree. Man, I remember going and buying the game. I was so excited. I loved the cover art and the pictures on the back had me so curious. The music of the game was fantastic like you said, a slow and lonely dirge. The fixed camera angles were as much a part of the games character as the music was.

Resident Evil was a title a kin to MGS for me, the very mention of a new title (up until 4) had me completely hyped, now I really couldn't care ANY less. RE6 is just a cookie cutter TPS game with zombies and the Resident Evil brand, as I said.

My fondest memory was playing in the middle of a night at a friends place. I didn't have my memory card with me so it was technically hardcore mode lol. I got upto the shark and I had to stop playing.My nerves were so wrecked! lol My nerves were totally $#@!ed haha.

Power Member
    Very much so. Loved RE5, one of the better co-op games for a long time. Hopefully RE6 just as good.

Elite Guru
    RE5 was okay, nothing to write home about. Not particularly fussed about the next.

Superior Member
    RE4 is one of my favorite games ever, and no, I didn't start with RE4. My first RE outing was the REmake. I was always more of a fan of Silent Hill, and I played mostly Twisted Metal and RPGs on my PSone at the time.

I feel like RE4 had its moments, and very creepy at parts, very intense at others. The entire Castle portion of the game is just fantastic IMO. Especially the sewers. The game had a nice blend of action, dread, and puzzle-solving. It was perfect middle-ground IMO.

RE5, however, bored me. I managed to complete the game the first time around, maybe because I was so hyped, but every time I turn it on, I can't bring myself to play it for more than 20 minutes.

PSN ID
    Madame Rel
    Why the hell isn't the demo on PSN yet? Is it or is it not September 18th?

PSN ID
    DispatchNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerielle View Post
    Why the hell isn't the demo on PSN yet? Is it or is it not September 18th?
    Store doesn't update till around 4 I think.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Demo is on EU PSN and Xbox Live. I also believe it is on the AUS PSN store too.

I have played the demo and I like Leon's bit actually. Chris and Jakes are a bit too action orientated for me. But overall it seems quite good and I may pick it up around launch.

+ Graphically good and the lighting is really good.
    + Leon's bit is close to the Resident Evil formula - I.E ZOMBIES
    + The Zombies show damage when shot

- Cover system, it's been perfected this gen and Capcom seem to have ignored how others do it, why so much depth of field?
    - Action orientated bits
    - Just general laziness, why does Helena's arm clip into her body when she is holding the handgun?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

8. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Played Leons part of the demo, which is supposed to be the most traditional type playthrough. I can't really find any positives...

- I miss searching and getting the various messages. They were mundane but I miss it. "An old painting of a tree.", "various books, nothing of interest" etc etc. I miss the memos and notes for back story aswell.

- Zombies dissapear when they die.

- Crapcom didn't even bother with a pick up animation. That green herb just magically goes into Leons bag.

- Having a second character ruins everything that RE had.

- When RE went over the shoulder, zombies just became enemies with undead skins. The game lacks atmosphere.

+ the graphics are just Ok.

R.I.P Resident Evil
    1996-1999

10. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    No demo for the US yet...I want to shoot some zombies already.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    No demo for the US yet...I want to shoot some zombies already.
    If you have an Xbox, it is available in US.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    US PS Store is always the last to update.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Damn I wanna play the demo..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Played Leons part of the demo, which is supposed to be the most traditional type playthrough. I can't really find any positives...

- I miss searching and getting the various messages. They were mundane but I miss it. "An old painting of a tree.", "various books, nothing of interest" etc etc. I miss the memos and notes for back story aswell.

- Zombies dissapear when they die.

- Crapcom didn't even bother with a pick up animation. That green herb just magically goes into Leons bag.

- Having a second character ruins everything that RE had.

- When RE went over the shoulder, zombies just became enemies with undead skins. The game lacks atmosphere.

+ the graphics are just Ok.

R.I.P Resident Evil
    1996-1999
    Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm just glad I have my Resi fix on the Vita with RE2 and Nemesis.
    Even though they're old, they still look and play ace on the handheld.
    After 10 minutes you forget all about the blocky graphics here and there because the atmosphere and story have sucked you in.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Damn I wanna play the demo..
    Make a European account. Thats what I did a long time ago so when I'm anxious for a demo I just download it from the European store. Make it a UK account so the info questions are all in english. Simple.

Superior Member
    Wow, so much negativity. I actually enjoyed the demo. For me it would have to be Leon > Jake > Chris. I didn't like Chris's campaign all too much, however it is only a demo.

I'm not one to care much about graphics, so whatever. Neither do I care about little things like pick-up animations.

I'm probably the minority when I say that the camera and controls were just fine to me. I got used to them right off the bat and had no trouble whatsoever. I also like how you can utilize melee attacks whenever you want, not just when there are button prompts.

The dialogue is classic corny RE. No surprises there. I thought Leon's campaign was quite reminiscent of the older RE's. I also having a feeling I will enjoy the stealthy bits of Jake's campaign.

Overall, I had fun with the demo and it hasn't changed my mind about my pre-order.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm just glad I have my Resi fix on the Vita with RE2 and Nemesis.
    Even though they're old, they still look and play ace on the handheld.
    After 10 minutes you forget all about the blocky graphics here and there because the atmosphere and story have sucked you in.
    Capcom thought they were making giant leaps forward, they have been taking one step forward and two steps back after RE3 imo. Like you, I'm also glad I have my real RE fix on Vita. Won't ever touch another RE. The demo was a $#@!ing generic and soulless cash grab. Resident Fail: Dramatic Horror.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Are these 3 xbox exclusive modes free or do you have to pay for them?

( seen it on the TV)

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Are these 3 xbox exclusive modes free or do you have to pay for them?

( seen it on the TV)
    Pay & already on both 360 & PS3 discs
    And its only time exclusive, by time both 360 & PS3 owners get through the main game modes they'll be available on both platforms
    Btw I noticed this version is running smooth and no screen tear either

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Pay & already on both 360 & PS3 discs
    And its only time exclusive, by time both 360 & PS3 owners get through the main game modes they'll be available on both platforms
    Btw I noticed this version is running smooth and no screen tear either

Sent via Codec

Ahh, that is terrible, this DLC crap is getting way of out control, how they can get away with this is ridiculous.

I was fuming when i seen the ad as i felt it was basically disk based content that you had to pay for...

Not only that, it's also splitting the community... no care for gamers what so ever.
    Ridiculous.

Hope capcom fail and close up shop, they are the worst at releasing DLC.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by snake466 View Post
    i rather play left 4 dead 2
    That game is so fun to play online. Alot of good memories for me.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Downloading the demo...can't what when the game is fully released.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    I am so royally dissapointed of this demo i dont think ive ever been dissapointed with a capcom game since Mega Man X4 actually. As a big fan of this series i found this demo to be a complete mess thanks to the extremely horrible camera and the zoom level of it. The camera is so close that it feels like moving from a box to box screenwise. I never get the feeling im going from a cool new location to the other one it all feels so cramped and hectic, the camera completely ruined this game for me from a must buy to a game i will only maybe consider if i lack alternatives in the platinum price range.

Im so gutted with this it feels a step backwards compared to 4 and 5, there isnt any scene where i feel like "oh oh its the ballroom im sure im gonna be confronted with a giant boss in here or a new type of creepy enemy". This was actually also my initial thoughts when i first saw screens of the game. There was none of the screenshots that made me feel like oh i cant wait to search that african village and see what the hell is going on and why it is so quiet, same feeling i got when i entered the foggy spanish village in 4, with this well i have no idea what the hell im doing and it feels so extremely linear.

The Action parts were really odd aswell i never felt i had to go for cover i just ran headlessly aroudn the battlefield while there was still 3-4 enemies around and cracked open the boxes/crates for items it felt really unsatisfying to fight and kill in this demo. I dont know why but i feel like theyve had too much content to cram into one game so it all feels like a odd mess with linear gameplay and extremely focus on cramped areas with alot of gunfight.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Super Elite
    man..reading all these post makes me want to play the old R.E games more than the demo.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Can someone tell me if the Jake demo is different? TV is in use as I eat my dinner so I cant find out
    I hated that one in Dragon's Dogmas demo. (Leon > Chris >>>> Jakes, which I quit)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    The only portion I liked was Leon's but even that felt a bit awkward. I mean, it shouldn't take 4-5 headshots to kill one zombie at close range.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-19-2012 at 03:30.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information