Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Just finished the demo. Not impressed. As I feared, too heavy on the action and not enough horror.

Leon's part was okay, but seriously...five headshots to take down one normal zombie?! That tells me that ammo will never be a problem in the game (bad for a "survival horror" series). I did like the stumbling over bodies, but then not reaching to pick up supplies just seems that much more lazy in comparison.

Jake's part was worse, with its fast, gun-toting enemies. But it did let me play as Sherry, although with way more guns than she should be able to carry - at least give her model a backpack.

Chris' part was the worst, though, because it's so far removed from Resident Evil that it's a pointless mode. The only time I died in the whole demo was here, because I suck at modern warfare shooters and that is EXACTLY what this part is.

Well, since I've pre-ordered it (to get a nice Umbrella umbrella) I'll play through it, but I may not be able to call it "Resident Evil 6".

Shut up and play games

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    That tells me that ammo will never be a problem in the game (bad for a "survival horror" series).
    Crapcom have said it's no longer survival horror, but "dramatic horror" $#@!ing losers. The demo sucked a big hairy sweaty one.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I have mixed feelings about this. I did feel the awkwardness but at the same time it wasn't so bad at all. There's no limit in the inventory either.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Crapcom have said it's no longer survival horror, but "dramatic horror" $#@!ing losers. The demo sucked a big hairy sweaty one.
    Why not just called it "intermittently-tense action" and be done with the pretense of horror.

Shut up and play games

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Why not just called it "intermittently-tense action" and be done with the pretense of horror.
    I think "watered down generic piece of $#@! made to appeal to mass audience with $#@! all tension action" is more accurate. Resident Evil is sooooo dead in my eyes. This demo was such a $#@!ing joke. Crapcom have lost the plot. EVERY vestige of what made RE what is was is gone. Atmosphere, ammo management, item management, isolation, exploration, puzzle solving...it's all gone.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-19-2012 at 08:51.

6. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    OMG!! i didnt even know this demo was different from the Dogma one! This one is sooooooooo much better, loved it and just increased my hard on more

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I was personally really disappointed.

I was one of few people who actually wanted to give RE6 a try before completely ignoring it, cuz I thought it looked okay atleast in videos. But wow did the demo make this choice easy.

The graphics look okay, actually the only part that looks good is the characters, everything else looks like crap. And basically everything is glowing like a $#@!ing sun. And in the Leon parts, nothing is dark and menacing enough (felt like the dark parts were just black spots, rather than darkness). The performance is equally bad, it's really uneven frame per second almost everywhere. And I think the animation is the worst part. It's horrible and jerky, and Leon feels way too light and runs too fast. It feels less realistic and also is really annoying to navigate in small spaces. Even RE4 had better animations.

Chris's part feels like a battlefield game or something, Leon's part feels like an RE game that went horribly wrong, and Jake's part feels just .. thrown in there.

I had the highest hopes for Leon's parts, but nothing actually amazed me, not even the atmosphere. It has so much potential, but they screwed up on way to many areas.

Too bad, cuz I wanted to like this game

If ppl want a good horror game from this generation, just get Dead Space 2. It's actually really amazing in comparison.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-19-2012 at 16:59.

9. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I was personally really disappointed.

I was one of few people who actually wanted to give RE6 a try before completely ignoring it, cuz I thought it looked okay atleast in videos. But wow did this demo make this choice easy.

The graphics look okay, actually the only part that looks good is the characters, everything else looks like crap. And basically everything is glowing like a $#@!ing sun. And in the Leon parts, nothing is dark and menacing enough. The performance is equally bad, it's really bad frame per second almost everywhere. And I think the animation is the worst part. It's horrible and jerky, and Leon feels way too light and runs too fast. Even RE4 had better animations.

Chris's part feels like a battlefield game or something, Leon's part feels like an RE game that went horribly wrong, and Jake's part feels just .. thrown in there.

I had the highest hopes for Leon's parts, but nothing actually amazed me, not even the atmosphere. It has so much potential, but they screwed up on way to many areas.

Too bad, cuz I wanted to like this game

If ppl want a good horror game from this generation, just get Dead Space 2. It's actually really amazing in comparison.

Putting horror and Dead space in the same sentence makes your opinion not valid.

Elite Member
    I played through the Leon/Chris parts and... the Chris part is so... not Resident Evil. The Leon part was... disappointing also. It was too dark and yeah, it took forever to kill zombies after a certain point.

My main problem with the game are the controls and camera. Maybe they just take getting use to, but after playing the demo I'm even less likely to buy the game.

The game just seems messy and Capcom was trying to do too many things and everything suffered overall.

Edit: Oh yeah, those qte during the Leon car part? Really?
    Last edited by LastManDancing; 09-19-2012 at 16:10.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

12. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Putting horror and Dead space in the same sentence makes your opinion not valid.
    Really, I think horror is a good adjective for Dead Space. Dead Space 1 and 2 were the closest thing to survival horror since the original Resident Evils (1-3) imo.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    I played through the Leon/Chris parts and... the Chris part is so... not Resident Evil. The Leon part was... disappointing also. It was too dark and yeah, it took forever to kill zombies after a certain point.

My main problem with the game are the controls and camera. Maybe they just take getting use to, but after playing the demo I'm even less likely to buy the game.

The game just seems messy and Capcom was trying to do too many things and everything suffered overall.

Edit: Oh yeah, those qte during the Leon car part? Really?
    ye i feel exactly the same they wanted to throw alot of content into the game to the point where its become a mess imo. And those quick time events in the car wth was that lol, Helen goes like after 10 seconds of being surrounded by zombies in the car "Should we hotwire it ? "

The worst for me is simply the camera it takes away all the immersion of surroundins and focuses on just makign the action frantic instead. 1 slight nodge up or down on the dualshock and youre view is even more messed up of the surroundings it makes it unbearable to get a vantage point on the action or able to focus on anything besides what is right in front of you. The character himself at a default camera takes up literally 1/3 ofthe screen alone, and zooms even more in when in crawling position or as i said when you just nodge the camera slightly up or down.

Im going to try the other characters from each demo tonight but i doubt it will chance my mind about the game, the action in this is just overwhelming compared to 4&5 and even Leons part didnt really feel that atmospheric imo, he just had a overall better setting but it never got really captivating to play his part aswell due to a quick introduction to the action

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Really, I think horror is a good adjective for Dead Space. Dead Space 1 and 2 were the closest thing to survival horror since the original Resident Evils (1-3) imo.
    Yea exactly. Don't know what his problem is. **** him, basically.

Anyway, I also forgot to mention Siren: Blood Curse. Which is also a very good horror game for PS3.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome

Anyway, I also forgot to mention Siren: Blood Curse. Which is also a very good horror game for PS3.

Lol, if you find some creatures jumping of of the wall and going boo scary, then i feel sorry for you.

I dont understand what part of the game was survival and what makes it an horror game, cause it had some kind of creatures in it?

Actually, DS2 was the only game i know of that i have not completed because of how bored i got and how crap it was.

I understand many people liked it though.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Lol, if you find some creatures jumping of of the wall and going boo scary, then i feel sorry for you.

I dont understand what part of the game was survival and what makes it an horror game, cause it had some kind of creatures in it?

Actually, DS2 was the only game i know of that i have not completed because of how bored i got and how crap it was.

I understand many people liked it though.
    What games have you found scarey then? Which games would you define as survival horror? or simply scary/horror games...

Superior Member

Siren was pretty great. Loved it. I'm a fan of horror and stealth, so the decision was easy for me. As for Dead Space, I enjoyed the first one and even jumped a few times. Very unsettling. I have yet to beat the second.

However, back on topic, am I really the only one who enjoyed the demo here? Don't get me wrong, I've played the old and the new RE, I like both.

Still keeping my pre-order. I don't want to judge the game in its entirety based on a demo.

Elite Member
    Dead Space 2 wasn't scary, but the lighting, sound effects, and creature design were top notch.

DS2 is awesome.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I like to use the word "exhilarating" when I mention Dead Space 2. It made me jump n scream a couple of times and it had that metal stress and pressure all the way through.

I wouldn't call it "horror". Then again I would call any game horror

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Siren was pretty great. Loved it. I'm a fan of horror and stealth, so the decision was easy for me. As for Dead Space, I enjoyed the first one and even jumped a few times. Very unsettling. I have yet to beat the second.

However, back on topic, am I really the only one who enjoyed the demo here? Don't get me wrong, I've played the old and the new RE, I like both.

Still keeping my pre-order. I don't want to judge the game in its entirety based on a demo.
    I'm getting it. It was still good after all.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    Dead Space 2 wasn't scary, but the lighting, sound effects, and creature design were top notch.

DS2 is awesome.
    Yea I agree. I think the graphics, atleast when you watch it as a whole, without focusing too much on small details, looks really realistic. And like you said, the lighting is really well made, makes the atmosphere really creepy and realistic.

Awesome game, I actually held off from Dead Space 2 for quite long cuz I thought it wasn't my type of game, since I didn't really like the first one. But I was totally wrong. Such a great and scary game at times.

On topic : I'm still disappointed with RE6. It's far from my priority now after trying the demo. I know the final version will improve in some aspects, but overall, I was very far from satisfied with this game as a classic RE and RE4/5 fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post

Dude, the second, in my oppinion, is way better than the first one. You have to finnish it (:

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Kung, did you sign up to psu for the Dust beta codes? If so, it's nice to see you stuck around.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Naw I was actually a member here waaay back, when this place was called just "Playstation 3 forums". But that was like ... around 2005 something, so I totally forgot my user name. I've been active at GameTrailers for a long time though, which made me kinda forget about this forum.

But it's good to be here, it's a nice change from the GT forums. (: And thanks

25. Likes CloudStrife37, Ghost likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    RE series is now kinda in an identity crises. I'm still really psyched about re6 but I think Capcom should just end the series rather than turning it into a fps (its gonna happen eventually)
    Last edited by Itachi; 09-20-2012 at 03:46.

27. Likes CloudStrife37 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    The Silent Hill HD collection bugs were better than this demo. I played it and was overwhelmed by all the controls it doesn't need. Still no run-n-gun after over a decade? And your ammo runs out way too fast, faster than older RE games, and whenever you find any ammo, it's like 3-5 bullets..dafuq..and how do you heal? The loading screen didn't stay on long enough for me to check the controls nor will I go into the menu to figure out what's what. I like to learn controls by playing as I go...

Anyway, it's just a demo and I hate Capcom anyway, so I won't support them in any way.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Wait....

There have been more Resident Evil games since Code:Veronica???

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    The Silent Hill HD collection bugs were better than this demo. I played it and was overwhelmed by all the controls it doesn't need. Still no run-n-gun after over a decade? And your ammo runs out way too fast, faster than older RE games, and whenever you find any ammo, it's like 3-5 bullets..dafuq..and how do you heal? The loading screen didn't stay on long enough for me to check the controls nor will I go into the menu to figure out what's what. I like to learn controls by playing as I go...

Anyway, it's just a demo and I hate Capcom anyway, so I won't support them in any way.
    you heal by just pressing R2, when you go in and combine a herb in the item menu it creates 1-3 or 6 capsules. Red/Green herb combo gives 6 capsules which you can select to holster in your gun or something then you just press R2 once to get 1 bar back out of the 6 slots you have in total. Health management doesnt even seem to be something thats going to be sparse in the game either you can easily heal on the go constantly another thing i didnt like in this demo atleast in RE5 you should atleast think about taking 1 or 2 herb/spray with you before a new chapter.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

31. Likes Lebowski likes this post

Thread Information