Latest PSU headlines:

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    ^ While true, I never had a hard time finding ammo or herbs in RE5 either. Even when you think you're about to die, Sheva would smack your chest and tell you to suck it up.

And I'm trying to understand that message there. Are you saying you DON'T want ammo to be sparse? I thought that was one of the things that made it "survival" horror. Finding 3-5 bullets should be a good thing. I actually found myself running out of ammo rather quickly by the end of the demos. I didn't think I was that bad of a shot either. Nor did I care. All the more reason to use melee.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As I mentioned before, it took 4-5 headshots to take down a single zombie. This would explain why you're running out of ammo quicker.
    Last edited by Black; 09-20-2012 at 05:29.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^I still can't wrap my finger around that fact xD

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    After playing the demo again, i dont like it, its not RE anymore, its summit else.

and i dont think i like it as much..................

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^You're definitely not alone.

Superior Member
    i loved resident evil 4 and 5, this is a big departure from those games, i'll pass.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Basically Capcom is doing what most students do on a test; write down everything you know and hope the teacher likes atleast some of it.

This 'Jack of all trades Ace of none' tactic doesn't ever work

Superior Member
    Awful, awful demo! Loved RE1, 2 and 5 even though a lot of people didnt like 5. I was glad to beat the demo and just delete it from my ps3 frankly. Utter garbage even if the Resident Evil brand is slapped on it.

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I dunno what everyone's talking about, I played the Leon section of the demo and thought it was great... Controls were a little stiff but walking and shooting was very welcome. Maybe I need to try Chris and Jake too.

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Ancient
    Played the demo, I liked the Leon section most, the rest wad just ok, I actually like Jake though
    But I can't really judge if the whole package is gonna be is repesentive here, it is a huge game though so the difference could be welcome.
    Camera sucks though.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yeah the camera was too close to the characters it was disorientating. I'm gonna give it another go now and a second thought

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I don't necessarily think the camera was too close, because the camera was quite close in RE4, and it was NP. But I think they should make the camera fixed on where you're facing, and also higher the camera a bit to be focused just over the shoulder, like in RE4. And aiming was IMPOSSIBLE unless you knew how to go into options and change to "aim where camera is facing".

But besides the camera, especially in the Leon part, the running speed is way too agile and fast, which makes it really annoying to navigate in tight spaces.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    <BL2Break>
    Finally got around to playing this revised demo, and Leons part is still the best, Chris' was more enjoyable, and although Jakes was better.. I still didn't like it. Either way, cant wait till this drops so I can co-op with my friend like we did RE5.

Aaand back to Borderlands 2
    </BL2 break>

EDIT: As I replay them, I really hope Leons campaign is the longest. I don't forsee me replying the other two, and wish RE6 was just Leons campaign. If it was I think RE6 would beat RE4 as my favorite.
    Last edited by Fenix; 09-21-2012 at 10:15.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    After playing the demo again, i dont like it, its not RE anymore, its summit else. and i dont think i like it as much..................
    I'm with you. I didnt like it at all.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I think someone else said it best - the series is having an identity crisis. It's not a survival horror title but it isn't purely Call of Duty-esque action either.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I downloaded it tuesday and haven't touched it. I don't know if I will. Capcom fucking up the series...Konami fucking up silent hill. Fuck this life. I can't take this shit no more*jumps off roof into a pool* lol
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

17. Likes CloudStrife37 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I downloaded it tuesday and haven't touched it. I don't know if I will. Capcom fucking up the series...Konami fucking up silent hill. Fuck this life. I can't take this shit no more*jumps off roof into a pool* lol
    Ya know something is wrong when this happens, especially with a IP like RE

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    After playing all the 2nd choice characters of each campaign i can conclude on my 2nd go the only thing i enjoyed was the flying kick you can do to the zombies by running and pressing R1. it has a satisfying feeling thanks to the hitchcockesque zoom it makes when you run but that move doesnt even seem to be usable with more than 1 zombie around as it makes you vulnerable to attacks right after.

Imo even Leons demo loses its last bit of atmosphere when you enter the tight room with the alarm and the zombies come in from the windows. This is mainly because of the games even higher emphasis on melee/shooting than 4&5 and especially the AI(Helena). In a room like this youre supposed to feel like youre gonna be fucked up and cornered in. But then you start noticing things like helenas behaviour in this room and the last bit of atmosphere is gone. She just starts runnning around randomly in the room and kick/punch to the left and right, throws in a couple of flying kicks and wrestling style finishing moves. That scene quenched the last bit of atmosphere for me from this game its utterly ridiculous how dominant the shooting/Meleeing is in this game.

Atleast 4&5 still had the eerie atmosphere and tension thanks to a calm AI in 5 that felt more like a backup in the background for the heavy action parts rather than a asian sidekick with a black belt at some martial art. There is none of that now when you enter a new area like the deserted swamp village from 5 for example where you suddenly get introduced to some new enemies once you go further in and hear a couple of warcrys to get your blood boiling atleast the 1st time you play it. As soon as enemies enter in this game your sidekick is just all over the place and even you seem to killing more zombies with melee attacks rather than the guns. Its turned into a mix of shooter/brawler and it doesnt suit the game imo its a very wrong move to focus so much on the action from Capcoms side.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

20. Likes CloudStrife37 wishes they had posted this first.

I detest the new health system. Health regeneration should NOT be in any RE game.
    PSN ID: abenja1

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    CloudStrife37
    The demo really confuses me. I don't like it as much as RE 5, and no where near as much as 4. I don't like the melee button, and how sometimes you can just mash R1 until everything is dead, and how sometimes the zombies are completely invulnerable to it. I still think melee attacks should be a reward for precise shots at weak points. The atmosphere is shit, but the graphics are pretty nice. They took out upgrading weapons and buying them, but now you gain EXP. There seem to be robust online options. Shooting enemies doesn't feel as good as it used to, because they seem less responsive to the gunfire. They changed Leon's voice actor. The story does seem interesting, as it includes all my favorite characters in the series (besides possibly deceased Wesker) and I want to play through the game to experience it. Why'd they have to change it so much? And this is coming from someone who thought the step up to RE4 was an excellent decision.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife37 View Post
    The demo really confuses me. I don't like it as much as RE 5, and no where near as much as 4. I don't like the melee button, and how sometimes you can just mash R1 until everything is dead, and how sometimes the zombies are completely invulnerable to it. I still think melee attacks should be a reward for precise shots at weak points. The atmosphere is shit, but the graphics are pretty nice. They took out upgrading weapons and buying them, but now you gain EXP. There seem to be robust online options. Shooting enemies doesn't feel as good as it used to, because they seem less responsive to the gunfire. They changed Leon's voice actor. The story does seem interesting, as it includes all my favorite characters in the series (besides possibly deceased Wesker) and I want to play through the game to experience it. Why'd they have to change it so much? And this is coming from someone who thought the step up to RE4 was an excellent decision.
    Wow....I has sad now
    I hoped it would have been atleast better than re5 (which was great in its own right)

Ultimate Veteran
    is there a demo on the psn yet for this game

25. Dislikes Two4DaMoney is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    CloudStrife37
    I'm not even a huge fan of Dead Space, but if they would have lifted the controls from that game and used them for Resident Evil 6, I think it would have been enough of a step-up, without completely changing the formula.

Master Poster
    Honestly.....I feel like Capcom's need to shove Multiplayer in RE is what's killing the atmosphere...it's one thing to feel cornered in a cramp hallway with a bunch of zombies coming after you...but having the AI there doing God knows what just takes you out of the immersion. Initially I was under the impression that Leon's campaign would have been a solo affair with Chris getting the Co-op options...but there's co-op in all 3 campaigns..and the game isn't even scary or tense....I had my 6 year old cousin in my room watching me play this and he didn't even flinch....this is a kid who found the Bad Karma ending of inFamous 2 so scary he couldn't even sleep....and the latest game in the franchise that started Survial Horror in gaming couldn't even get him to go...this is scaring me or flinch....Something is seriously wrong here.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

28. Likes CloudStrife37 wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I played for like 10 minutes today just to get the feel of it. The graphics are top notch as expected, the controls take a bit getting use to and they certainly aren't bad. I'm not a fan of the giant cross hairs but what ever. I like how you actually run faster when you equip the knife. The HUD is slick aswell

I played the leon campaign and I think 10 minutes isn't enough to decide whether the game is scary or not. I'm sure it will build tension when you play continuously

Thread Information