PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I called Albert Wesker yesterday...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    How could i not feel badass in RE5? Chris punches a freaking boulder ffs!

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I think that's the main problem with RE these days, its still survival horror, it's just the places have been switch, Zombies are checking under their bed now for Chris Redfield and his Uppercuts
    I realise this when playing RE5 as I killed one of the villagers, only after I did it I notice he was actually running away and trying to climb a fence, he wasn't actually attacking me, and I tracked him down and caved his head in with my boulder punch, I felt so guilty

Sent from my Xperia Ray
    Last edited by TGO; 01-23-2012 at 09:12.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Apprentice
    thought i should snatch these details from our homepage news, some people don't look there:

-Resident Evil 6 has been in development for roughly two years.
    -Capcom confirmed that a demo will be released, with more info on that due in the coming months
    -The outbreak in Leon's scenario a location known as "Tall Oaks" is infested with 70,000 zombies.
    -The zombies are a bit different to what you may be used to, and differ somewhat from those in previous RE games.
    -There will certainly be a survival horror element to the game, mixed in with classic Resident Evil moments.
    -The control system has been totally "overhauled," and will feature a number of new elements.

w/ 70,000 zombies coming at ya... certainly going to need 6 players co-op! (awesome info!)
    Last edited by lee___radio; 01-23-2012 at 16:59.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

5. Likes Mike_Harradence likes this post
    Super Elite
    I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S.!!!
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Regarding the whole zombies being different than those in previous games, the trailer clearly depicts one undead leaping a Leon, so that's one thing we know is different -- they're far more dexterous than before.

Since zombies are back then I assume the T-Virus (or similar variation) is too, which could also mean we might see Hunters, Cerberus' and other classic B.O.W.'s.

Fingers crossed, it's about time they showed up again in canon, current-gen game (which Operation Raccoon City isn't).
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Apprentice

Alright. Took Long Enough.

First Peace of business. There are a few things you should be doing if you're playing
    Resident Evil 5 in any manner whatsoever ( With a GamePad not Motion Controls ).

1. Set aim sensitivity to max. Default aim speed seems slower than RE 4. You definitely need faster aiming in RE 5.

Aiming shouldn't feel like waiting for the tank turret to finish adjusting. Many of the complaints about not being able to move + shoot come from the fact that the enemies are so much faster now. Being stuck to the floor while poppin off rounds is costly.Those Complaints are totally justified but boosting aiming sensitivity helps a good bit.

2. Learn This technique if you haven't already been using it for years.
    Adjusted View Aiming - ( AVA from now on ) I've been using it since 2006 when RE 4 came to PS2.

Normally you draw your weapon - THEN aim.
    AVA is for quick 45 - 90 degree turns.
    AVA - Rotate the camera without weapon drawn -
    THEN hold Aim button to draw weapon in that direction.

Naturally in RE 5 you have to have a control scheme that lets you use it. I used Scheme B when I played on PS 3. On the PC I Modified the button config. PC I used A Remapped RE 4 Scheme ( Scheme A ) but I'm definitely not holding R1 to Aim.
    Right Stick for aiming/turning is a staple in gaming and it Should be.
    But in RE 5 it's only Half-way implemented. AVA is more useful.

RE 5 - AVA 1080p Available

RE 4 - AVA 1080p Available

Last edited by Silo; 01-23-2012 at 22:55.

Apprentice
    I can not wait for this to release. It's looking great.

I LOVED RE5!
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I guess 'dramatic-horror' polled better with longtime RE fans than 'action-horror'. Can't tell the difference from the trailer, though. When the RE6 trailer was first announced I was excited, because I saw zombies and dark city streets. On repeat viewings, though, it sunk into my brain that I really wasn't interested in playing Resident Evil: Black Ops again (especially since RE: ORC has that covered), even if it's a separate mode. Shoulda just made an improved version of the RE2 scenario-type gameplay. And Claire could've returned instead of YET ANOTHER new female character. I hope that's Sherry in this new game rather than Ashley, I always wondered what became of her. My true Resident Evil survival-horror game, however, seems destined to never be (especially the one starring kick-ass versions of Claire & Sherry). I will probably have to try it out for myself anyway, and $#@! you Capcom for anticipating that I will. I hate to think that the day I stop being a Resident Evil fan could actually arrive but Capcom seems determined to make it so, in order to get a piece of that CoD cash cow.

Shut up and play games

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Capcom comments on the mysterious blonde woman speculation in Resident Evil 6

The debut trailer for Resident Evil 6 featured a mysterious blonde woman. Recently, the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Facebook page revealed that she is in fact Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4. However, Capcom’s Mikeeb pointed out on the Capcom-Unity forum that that page is actually not run by them. The Capcom USA Marketing Staff member also made a comment regarding the on-going speculation resolving the character. The statement from the Capcom-Unity forum below:

As for the girl? Lots of people like to think they know the answer, but nothing's been revealed officially just yet. Might be a returning character, might be completely new, might be something you don't expect at all... but for the time being let your imaginations run wild! I hate to sound like a cop-out, but the game launches in November so you can expect tons of new info within the coming months. In the meantime, take a closer look at the trailer. There's a lot in there that might not be spelled out completely, but really shows how ridiculously awesome this game experience will be!

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Ancient
    She does sound like Ashley

Sent from my Xperia Ray

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, she might not necessarily look like her but she definitely sounds like Ashley. I don't see that as a bad thing either. I've never had a problem with her character in Resident Evil 4. It just sounds like some of you guys are nitpicking.

EDIT: Her face actually reminds me of Tatiana Wisla from Last Exile. >.>
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-24-2012 at 21:20.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    EDIT: Her face actually reminds me of Tatiana Wisla from Last Exile. >.>
    +rep as soon as I'm allowed for the perceptive reference.

Shut up and play games

im so pumped about this game im gonna try to complete them from the start before the release!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub p View Post
    im so pumped about this game im gonna try to complete them from the start before the release!
    Well ya got ten month!
    Welcome to the forums btw

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I thought she was Ashely lol
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Resident Evil 6: it?s not Ashley Graham

It might look like Ashely Graham in the Resident Evil 6 trailer, and sound like her but it?s not. First IGN reported sources had told them it was Sherry Birkin from Resident Evil 2. Now Ashley?s own voice actor, Carolyn Lawrence, has confirmed it in a tweet.

The tweet said, ?Hey RE fans. I?m sorry to say that I am not reprising my role of Ashley in RE6. You?ll all just have to wait and see who the blonde is?..? Clair Redfield?s voice actress, Alyson Court also confirmed she?s not been involved in the game in another tweet, saying, ?As far as I know, Claire is not in the game. I haven?t had any involvement, but the game isn?t out til Nov??

I doubt they changed voice actors so this is highly likely true.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 01-25-2012 at 14:18.

Once more into the fray.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    this is shaping up to be the best resident evil game yet and i am looking forward to it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    If you guys want to hear what the staff--well mainly Mike and I--think about Resident Evil 6, give our latest episode of PlayStation Derailed a shot.

sent from my Galaxy S via Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

Master Sage

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage
    Buy Resident Evil 6 Demo, Get Dragon's Dogma Free
    Capcom?s pushed back the release of its upcoming RPG, Dragon?s Dogma, until May 22nd in North America and May 25th in Europe. The game was originally scheduled for a March release in North America. But given March?s heavy release schedule, we think the decision to delay was probably a smart one. Now Dragon?s Dogma just has to contend with a small game named Max Payne 3. Ahem.

The bigger news is that all copies of Dragon?s Dogma will ship with early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo. Unfortunately for PS3 owners, Microsoft appears to have snapped up a timed exclusivity deal ? meaning XBOX 360 owners will get the demo a full two months before those playing on PS3. That means, while XBOX 360 users will get their first taste of Resident Evil 6 in July, PS3 owners will be made to wait until September.

We suppose Capcom would argue that it dishes out exclusives pretty fairly ? Street Fighter X Tekken is getting a bunch of additional characters on PS3 after all ? but timed exclusive demos always seemed kind of ridiculous to us. Then again, if that?s all the exclusivity Microsoft?s dollars could buy ? we'll consider ourselves let off. We?d cry if the full version of Resident Evil 6 came packaged with extra content on Microsoft?s platform or something.

Resident Evil 6 is due out on November 20th.
    For a little extra cash they (Capcom) will piss on PS3 gamers, great....
    Last edited by Nuvian; 01-31-2012 at 17:36.

Once more into the fray.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Buy Resident Evil 6 Demo, Get Dragon?s Dogma Free

For a little extra cash they (Capcom) will piss on PS3 gamers, great....
    To be fair, PS3 owners are getting all of the guest characters in Street Fighter x Tekken. Personally I don't care either way. Footage of the demo will be on the net hours after it goes live anyway.

I do think Capcom would have been better off offering the RE6 demo with DmC though. That game needs all of the incentives it can get.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I thought she was Ashely lol

The pitch of her voice reminded me of Ashley, "Ahhh...Leon!", "Help!", that's unfortunate .

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    time exclusive demo huh..damn oh well still its cool that re6 was announced yet another game im waiting on on a long list of mine haha

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    No surprise with the demo, Capcom released the Resident Evil 5 teaser for Xbox 360 ahead of the PlayStation 3 version, plus you can't really complain when we're getting all those Street Fighter x Tekken characters.

As for the mystery blonde (what is it with blondes in new RE games? I remember all the fuss over the 'tube girl' from RE5, who was supposedly Sherry but turned out to be Jill) I hope it's Rebecca Chambers but the realist in me tends to doubt it. Most likely someone new, though it COULD be Sherry Birkin, would would be nice. Definitely not Ashley going by what we know.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Thread Information