Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can complain since i couldn't care less about Street fighter

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Apprentice
    wow, that should ensure me plenty of reviews and spoilers... maybe by then i'll have lost my appetite completely!? i hope that doesn't happen capcom, but it is possible.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    I can complain since i couldn't care less about Street fighter
    Yeah me too Nuvian, I have no interest in Street Fighter or Tekken so Street Fighter vs Tekken, I could care even less about. I know the fighting genre is what some people crave above all else, but not for me. I am not a big COD guy but i would play (spawn and die, spawn and die) it in a minute over any fighting game.
    So I take it as has a huge F-U to PS3 owners, Capcom just decided what side of the fence i should be on, well they can take their Dragons Dogma and stuff it. This game and DmC they are really killing themselves, I just don't see how DmC will sell like it did when you make Dante emo.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Ancient
    Expensive demo for MS, good if ya a 360 gamer

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Since Leon will be one of the main characters in RE6 i figured this was worth posting.

In the Spotlight: Leon S. Kennedy @ PSU.com

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    EviL_JoE_DirT
    Items Final Fantasy VII
    I'm impress. Can't wait to see more.
    Games playing: nothing Games anticapating: H-Hour: World's Elite, Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, MGS5, FFXV, FFXIV, FF X HD, Witcher 3, Rime, War Thunder, Dying Light, ME4, Uncharted

Apprentice
    A globe-trotting Resident Evil game would have been a perfect opportunity to bring in all the RE heavy hitters (Jill, Barry, Clair, Rebecca) instead of filling the gaps with new playable characters.

Not that I'm complaining though! RE6 looks sick as.
    "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out." - Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I think the game looks freakin dumb. There were differences in RE games before RE5 and those differences were what made Resident Evil so great. One of them was the puzzles and story, it seems after so many they started to stray away from the puzzle mindset of the game. Quite frankly this game from what I see currently can take a huge leap off a cliff and I wouldn't give a crap if. The series basically ended after RE 4 released.

Master Sage
    Developing Resident Evil 6 @ IGN
    The legacy of the franchise, its future, co-op and more.

Once more into the fray.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    @Nuvian -- Thanks for pimping that Leon Spotlight feature mate, I'm the one who wrote it.

A globe-trotting Resident Evil game would have been a perfect opportunity to bring in all the RE heavy hitters (Jill, Barry, Clair, Rebecca) instead of filling the gaps with new playable characters.
    I agree completely, in fact, this is what annoys me so much about Capcom these days. They haven't bothered featuring the likes of Barry, Rebecca and Claire (at least canonically) for years, almost a decade in Rebecca's case. In fact, regarding Becky, we don't even know what she did post-Raccoon City.

The cast is big enough as it is, i'm personally not interested in seeing generic military types fill the void for classic heroes and heroines. I mean, what happened to Billy and Carlos? What did Barry and Rebecca do after Umbrella's demise? Is it too hard to imagine at least few of them would be working with the BSAA or other similar organisation?

As much as I enjoy Leon and Chris, they are overused, same for Ada Wong. I would love to see some of the old timers get some time in the limelight. I thought Barry and Rebecca's inclusion in RE5 DLC was an indication that Capcom was acknowledging their popularity, but I suppose not. At the very least, Claire should be back; she's long overdue an appearance, and is a main character.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

11. Likes avecha, Equinoqs likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    @Nuvian -- Thanks for pimping that Leon Spotlight feature mate, I'm the one who wrote it.
    No problem, thanks for writing it

Resident Evil 6 has “Something brand new”, zombies will be different
    IGN have scored an interview with producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi where he talks about how Resident Evil 6 will, “Challenge something brand new and this is something we’ll be telling you all about in the coming months”.

Dodgy translation aside it sounds like Resi 6 has some new feature up its sleeve, especially as Hirabayashi mentions RE 5′s co-op as something, “That had never been done in the series before,” as an example. That makes it sound like it might be more than just the Resident Evil 6 six player co-op recently leaked.

He also says “We’ve always worked hard at finding ways to innovate the series with every new game, and RE6 is no different. Co-op play is one way to introduce new possibilities into the game system. We can’t talk about any details right now, but we hope everyone will look forward to hearing new information in the coming months”.

When asked about the return of the old school undead Hirabayashi says, “We have dropped hints in the trailer as to how the zombies in this game are different and present a new challenge to the player, and we will go into more detail on this soon.”

Thanks IGN

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    Not feelin it. They straight took RE and turned into somethin else

RIP to RE

nice

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Waiting to buy it used after it hits the bargin bin. $#@! you, capcom.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

16. Likes avecha likes this post
    Master Sage
    Resident Evil 6 info could point to an old friend
    Resident Evil 6′s viral blog NoHopeLeft.com was updated today and it features a very interesting email. Since speculation is a fun game we like to play you can check out the email right here. The email is a conversation from Cousin S to Mother. It also mentions an Uncle, the RE incident and the family.

My purely illogical guess? Cousin S could mean Cousin Spencer, as in the Oswell E. Spencer, founder of Umbrella. I suppose mother could be the sister of Oswell, and the Uncle would be Oswell’s brother. Notice how every first word is capitalized as well as Family and IVY. Could it mean something? Who knows. This email looks to detail the speech that the president is going to make to inform the public about BOWs, Raccoon City, and everything else the RE series has dabbled in.

Let’s see if the Internet can crack this wide open.

Once more into the fray.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    The more I see of this game, the more I'm inclined to dig out Code Veronica and give it another go (never completely finished it).

Shut up and play games

Master Sage
    A More Detailed Look At The New Resident Evil 6 Facts
    Capcom have released details about some of Resident Evil 6′s characters and locations, clearing up some confusion and raising new questions in the progress We try to make sense of these new facts by comparing them with what we already know and even trying to connect them together here and now.

- The Chinese locale Chris visits is called Lanshiang and is entirely ficticious akin to Kijuju in Resident Evil 5.
    Resident Evil 6 takes place in 2013 which is after Resident Evil 5 and not before like some thought, so the timeline continuity still stands.

- Leon is still a US agent working for the president and his primary goal is to eradicate bioterrorism.

- Helena Harper is being transferred to work alongside Leon as one of the president’s personal bodyguards. In the trailer, she tells Leon that the latest outbreak is her own fault.

- Chris Redfield underwent an undetailed personal trauma six months prior to the events of Resident Evil 6.

- The third mysterious character is an unnamed mercenary battling in Eastern Europe in a location that B.O.W.s are being frequently used.

- Ingrid Hunnigan has been working with Leon for a “long time”, presumably since Resident Evil 4′s events.

- Adam Benford is the president of the US and is the man who hired Leon after the events of Raccoon City. Presumably he was NOT the president during Resident Evil 4 and has only been recently elected. The fact that Resident Evil 4′s Ashley’s surname is Graham seems to confirm this.

- Zombies are back but can run, jump and even use weapons. So they’re not really zombies. Shame.

- J’avo is named after the Serbian for “demon” and first appeared in Eastern Europe six months prior to Resident Evil 6. Could they be related to Chris’ trauma? They still exhibit human behaviour such as the ability to understand speech and work with others. J’avos can regenerate when hurt.

- Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot whilst moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack. A sort of cross between Resident Evil Revelations and other familiar third-person shooters then.

These new facts certainly sound interesting and the points I’ve highlighted also raise further questions. No doubt we’ll learn a lot more soon enough as Resident Evil 6 is due out on November 20th this year for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
    Finally.... you can shoot while moving, it annoyed the hell out of me that you couldn't do that in RE5 after i got used to the Dead Space controls.

Once more into the fray.

Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    The more I read about this game, the more I realize I should just accept the fact Capcom will never go back to the classic Survival Horror template.

Even the zombies sound totally disparate to the old games; in fact, they may as well not be undead considering they can run and use weapons, which the Ganado could do too. And Leon's scenario was supposed to be the 'classic' RE experience!

This new guy sounds awful too, and the ability to roll, take cover etc, it's just not Resident Evil anymore as far as i'm concerned. Sounds more like a generic third-person shooter to me. Why on earth do Capcom continue to move further away from the series' roots for?

They can easily do a good horror game ala Revelations or RE5's Lost in Nightmares chapter, i.e., using RE4's controls and aiming, without compromising the atmospheric values, ammo conservation and puzzles that have become staples of the series. Yet, they seem intent on alienating long-time fans with this incessant need to be more like Gears of War or Left 4 Dead....

I know a lot of people are probably looking forward to this, but honestly, i'm extremely disappointed so far.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Why on earth do Capcom continue to move further away from the series' roots for?
    Money.

Capcom's trying to get in on all that easy money from the shooter-only herd. When a current-gen remake of Resident Evil Survivor shows up, I won't be surprised in the slightest. Capcom might as well just buy the House of the Dead name.

So glad that once the non-action-centric survival-horror genre ceases to exist I'll still have my original Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Clock Tower/Dino Crisis/Alone In The Dark games on disc.

Shut up and play games

This is Resident Evil in name only. $#@! Capcom for tarnishing one of my favourite gaming series.

Master Sage
    New Resident Evil 6 scans

Click the link above for scans them self.

Once more into the fray.

So glad that once the non-action-centric survival-horror genre ceases to exist I'll still have my original Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Clock Tower/Dino Crisis/Alone In The Dark games on disc.
    Totally 100% with you there, mate. I've got all my classic Resident Evil PSone games still in full working condition, same for Silent Hill. Oh, and the GameCube stuff too -- can't forget the likes of Eternal Darkness, RE Zero and REmake.

And yeah, Capcom is totally going down the action/shooter route due to cash. I mean, RE5 is the highest-selling game in the series, so from a business point of view it shouldn't really surprise me what they're doing. I guess i'm just sick of hearing 'the next RE game will return to the series' roots' and then being let down. More fool me for believing it, eh?

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Totally 100% with you there, mate. I've got all my classic Resident Evil PSone games still in full working condition, same for Silent Hill. Oh, and the GameCube stuff too -- can't forget the likes of Eternal Darkness, RE Zero and REmake.

And yeah, Capcom is totally going down the action/shooter route due to cash. I mean, RE5 is the highest-selling game in the series, so from a business point of view it shouldn't really surprise me what they're doing. I guess i'm just sick of hearing 'the next RE game will return to the series' roots' and then being let down. More fool me for believing it, eh?
    It's ironic, isn't it? The majority of the Resident Evil community wants the series to return to its roots, and yet, as it moves more towards the action / shooter genre, the games are getting more and more sales.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

PSN ID
    mercenary_cloud
    Looks amazing cant wait for it to come out.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I want to know what happened to Steve from Code Veronica . . .

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Thread Information