Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    New trailer is amazing, makes me more convinced to grab this game.

Elite Guru
    This is the first Resident evil game i'm really hype for.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Sherry being in the game should be really cool to me (RE2 is my favorite videogame), but Capcom deciding to suggest her blue & white sailor dress in RE2 makes me even less interested in this game. I get a definite fan-buying feel from things like that, not 'homage'. What I don't get is a real survival-horror feel so far. More like the upcoming Avengers movie, throw in all the big names and it can't help but be great, right? At least Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City felt kinda like Resident Evil, even though it's a squad-type shooter.

Shut up and play games

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it looks good but they are milking this gen to long i rather have seen this game on the PS4

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    i liked the ending where Leon was like "shes the one who did this" awesome stuff. definitely put this game on my radar.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    i liked the ending where Leon was like "shes the one who did this" awesome stuff. definitely put this game on my radar.
    That was chris I'm pretty sure.

Definitely a must buy, great series
    A coward dies a thousand deaths... a soldier dies but once - Tupac Shakur

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Captivate 2012: Behind the Game Interview HD
    Gain access to new info on gameplay, characters, and story straight from the producer and director of Resident Evil 6.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    The new trailer definitely excited me more than the debut video back in January, i'll say that much.

Gameplay still doesn't really convince me this is going to be anything more than RE5 on steroids, but at least from a narrative perspective things are shaping up very nicely. The fact Sherry Birkin is back is a huge fan service as far as i'm concerned, and shows Capcom is willing to dig a little deeper into the story. Wesker's 'son' also sounds intriguing, and pairing him up with Sherry is a nice move considering William Birkin and Albert Wesker were work colleagues and friends.

Ada being back is pretty cool, but i'm starting to tire of her slightly generic super spy routine. Also, i'm still disappointed that Capcom seems intend on sticking to the same characters for each game. Chris, Leon and Ada. Haven't we seen enough of them lately? I think Claire is long overdue an appearance; she hasn't been seen in a core game since Code: Veronica, over ten years ago.

Also, i've said it before but i'll say it again, I think it's time to bring back some long-forgotten characters and give the main heroes like Chris and Leon a rest. Where's Barry? Rebecca? Carlos? Billy? Sherry is a positive step in the right direction, but the likes of Barry and Rebecca have been there since the beginning, have ties to existing characters and haven't been seen or heard of in a decade.

Still, I was impressed.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

10. Likes Equinoqs likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style

Once more into the fray.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    I could see why people thought it was Sherry as Jill was never blonde.
    Im in the Sherry camp for RE6. There is a comparison shot of RE2 Sherry and the mystery blonde and the resemblance is striking. Also worth noting is the mystery blondes outfit. Blue and white - a throwback to RE2 Sherry? But also where there is Sherry there is Claire. But no mention of Claire yet.

Woop Woop!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Also, i've said it before but i'll say it again, I think it's time to bring back some long-forgotten characters and give the main heroes like Chris and Leon a rest. Where's Barry? Rebecca? Carlos? Billy? Sherry is a positive step in the right direction, but the likes of Barry and Rebecca have been there since the beginning, have ties to existing characters and haven't been seen or heard of in a decade.
    Barry might feel a little out of place, given the serious tone the series has developed over the years. He did seem oblivious to a 40-foot snake on the ground.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-12-2012 at 02:00.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    That was Chris....

Superior Member

Ada being back is pretty cool, but i'm starting to tire of her slightly generic super spy routine. Also, i'm still disappointed that Capcom seems intend on sticking to the same characters for each game. Chris, Leon and Ada. Haven't we seen enough of them lately? I think Claire is long overdue an appearance; she hasn't been seen in a core game since Code: Veronica, over ten years ago.
    I agree. I was really hoping to see Jill and Claire especially. All these IP's featuring "strong" female leads that are in reality complete jokes and the one IP that really did it right, by accident or on purpose, keeps buffing up their male characters and focusing on them.

I DO however have two hopes left for the series. Since the game is telling 3 stories, I hope that, like the first two games, you select what story at the beginning and play through them independantly, AND, *IMPORTANT* that each story takes on a different gameplay focus. Like for instance, Leons game would be a single player, dominantly solo experience. Chris's game would be single/two player optional like RE5, and the new guys story would be "Survival Horror" oriented, though I'm certainly not expecting it to be like the earlier RE series, with puzzles all throughout.

The second hope, Jill and or Claire having DLC stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

16. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    That was Chris....
    Yep, correct me if I'm wrong, but the woman was Ada? Which would make sense cuz she is referenced all the way back to RE1
    and Leon was protecting her from Chris?
    Sounds awesome if so

Sent from my Sony Xperia S

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    Excited as hell for the game, but I still think its full of classic RE cheese. Looks more like a soap opera horror to me.

I also read there will be an absence of puzzles. Lolwut? May or may not be true.

Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Barry might feel a little out of place, given the serious tone the series has developed over the years. He did seem oblivious to a 40-foot snake on the ground.
    Haha, yeah, I remember that part. Plus also, I was thinking today, he'd be getting on a bit now. I recall he was the same age as Wesker (late 30s) back in RE1, and we're 15 years on from Raccoon City, so he'd be in his early 50s now. Still, even if it's just a support role back at HQ, or just a mention would be good. Just something to show what he's doing now, or what he's been up to since Umbrella folded.

I DO however have two hopes left for the series. Since the game is telling 3 stories, I hope that, like the first two games, you select what story at the beginning and play through them independantly, AND, *IMPORTANT* that each story takes on a different gameplay focus. Like for instance, Leons game would be a single player, dominantly solo experience. Chris's game would be single/two player optional like RE5, and the new guys story would be "Survival Horror" oriented, though I'm certainly not expecting it to be like the earlier RE series, with puzzles all throughout.
    I think that's what Capcom is planning, yes. Each scenario will offer a unique gameplay experience. Leon's is supposedly going to be the more horror-oriented campaign, Chris is going to be like RE4/5 and Jake's is going to be a new, likely melee-based offering. However, i'm pretty sure forced co-op is back, so even if you don't have a friend playing with you, your character will be accompanied by another character at all times.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Master Sage

The GT pop-block videos are great.

The Secrets of Resident Evil 6
    IGN: A closer look at the game's new characters and enemies.
    st week brought a flood of new info about Resident Evil 6, including a new trailer, new release date and new multiplayer details. While Capcom provided the first extended look at the game, we've spoken to our sources and dug a little bit deeper to find all kinds of new information on the characters, enemies and drama that you'll be checking out in October.

SPOILER WARNING: While this article contains no major spoilers, keep in mind that it does include some details that you may not want to know if you're trying to go into Resident Evil 6 knowing nothing about the story. You've been warned!
    This is worth a read if your looking forward to the game.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 04-19-2012 at 14:01.

Once more into the fray.

21. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    that was interesting to know

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Interesting read, though i'm disappointed that the older gentleman pictured there isn't the character that many fans would have hoped for. I was certainly convinced it would be this character, but alas not.

I'm still holding out for a Barry cameo!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I just want my Claire/grown-up Sherry 2-disc/2-story small-midwest-city-holding-the-last-Umbrella-lab-infected by slow-moving-zombies-&-fast-moving-genetic-mutations game. I would at least briefly consider paying $1300 for it.

Shut up and play games

I would happily pay that much and more for a full-fledged remake of Resident Evil 2 with pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls, ala RE: Rebirth.

Some new scans from Famitsu. Hopefully we'll get a translation of the text in the next few days.

http://www.biohazardfrance.net/index...onais&id=91863

27. Likes Nuvian likes this post
    Master Sage
    Resident Evil 6 Dev: ‘We’re moving away from action’Resident Evil 6 director Yoshiaki Hirabayashi has told 360 Magazine that his game’s control system has changed greatly since Resident Evil 5′s action-heavy bombast.
    Resident Evil 6 director Yoshiaki Hirabayashi has told 360 Magazine that his game’s control system has changed greatly since Resident Evil 5′s action-heavy bombast.

Speaking on the balance between more slow-burning survival horror and immediate action in his upcoming title, he revealed that “we didn’t want to make a straight up action-type control scheme for the game. We’re still trying to make a horror experience.”

“This is horror as entertainment. To that end I think it was necessary to open up the controls a little, make them smoother, so you could immerse yourself in this world more easily.”

“But that doesn’t mean you’re going to lose control over the player in terms of how they experience this world we’ve created.”

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage
    New Resident Evil 6 Details Confirmed; New Screenshots Included
    Resident Evil 6 is set for release on October 2nd, 2012 and we couldn’t be more excited to get our hands on the title. We’ve got some new info and screenshots to keep you up to date with the latest in Capcom’s highly anticipated installment.

- The C-Virus will be the new ultimate “bio-weapon” in this title.

- Zombies will now wield axes, pipes and guns. If properly disarmed, these can be used against them.

- Zombies can now dash, jump and climb.

- Players can move and shoot, run into cover and dive onto the ground and fire while on their backs.

- All new Mercenaries Mode is available Day 1 for everybody, no DLC stipulations.

- Mercenaries Mode will be Capcom’s boldest, most expansive mode yet

- A tramatic event occurs in Chris Redfield’s life during his mission in Lianshang, China. This completely changes his personality to a more cryptic and pessimistic Chris Redfield.

- Ada Wong is somehow responsible for the Tragic event in China, which sets Chris on a rampage after her.

- Wesker’s son’s name is Jake Muller, who is a mercenary fighting in Europe with the goal of earning cash for him and his mother.

- Jake is immune to the current viral outbreak and is contacted by Sherry Birkin in attempt to convince him to help save the world from the recent catastrophe.

- There are 3 seperate campaigns combined in one story, all taking place across the globe: Sherry and Jake, Leon, and Chris.

- Leon’s first mission, taking place in a University, will be a throwback to the original RE games in which horror and atmospheric tension are the key elements in place

This is from the PSM scans, they are of good quality and readable.
    Thanks to Allgamesbeta, we have several new PSM scans of Capcom's sixth iteration in the popular survival horror series, Resident Evil 6. Some of the main points of information we gleaned from the images are:

• The game has three campaigns playable in any order: One is as Leon Kennedy in the US, second as Chris Redfield in China and third as Jake Muller (Albert Wesker Jr) in Edonia (Eastern Europe).
    • Muller's blood is the key to finding the cure for this game's C-Virus outbreak. His co-op partner is Sherry Berkin. Their campaign, which is more melee-based,will be revealed in E3.
    • Chris Redfield's campaign takes place in the fictional city of Lanshiang, and is primary an action shootout (sob). His co-op partner is Peirs Nivens.
    • Classic Resident Evil zombies will be back as well as new ones featured in 4 and 5. Some of the new enemies can use firearms and even regrow random mutated limbs if you shoot their body parts off.
    • Leon is forced to assassinate the President at the Tall Oaks University Campus, which turns into a ground-zero bio-terror attack hit zone. His co-op partner is Special Agent Helena Harper.
    • Players can move and shoot..and take cover as well.
    • The game is out on 2 October 2012!
    Source
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Last edited by Nuvian; 05-10-2012 at 12:43.

Once more into the fray.

30. Likes The Black Wolf, Kuro likes this post

Thread Information