Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Reviewers are indeed salesmen. Their influence over what you buy is great and thus is important to publishers to influence reviews as you saw. Hell, reviews have an effect on stock prices as well. And you never bothered explaining to me why more people play Halo online vs the now desolate Killzone 3 MP. Or you could explain to me how FFXIII beat Lost Odyssey in reviews. Reviews are part of marketing as well.
    FFXIII Metascore: 82 (54 critics)
    FFXIII User score: 6.3 (292 ratings)

Lost Odyssey Metascore: 78 (68 critics)
    Lost Odyssey User score: 8.3 (281 ratings)

Looks pretty tight to me. Seems the actual gamers found LO better than FF by far.

Super Elite
    Didn't expect user reviews to be so high for Lost Odyssey. Pretty kick ass!
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Soldier 95B
    Maybe it was high for a lack of anything else being available in the same genre at the time. Who knows. I know friends that liked it, but I never played it.

War
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

Looks pretty tight to me. Seems the actual gamers found LO better than FF by far.
    FFXIII seems to have tons of 1s. Safe to say most are troll votes. BTW, werent you the one who were saying people at xbox forums think that 360 exclusives are best thing ever? Using same argument, that must be 360 fans all jumping in to vote.

Even well known Xbox based biased site is admitting that Xbox 360 lacks exclusives. Not sure what more to say.
    Last edited by War; 02-01-2012 at 01:52.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Ah....so Lost Odyssey users got paid? I'm so confused.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Soldier 95B
    FFXIII shows that out of 292 ratings, there are two "0" reviews and six "1" reviews. That would be 2.7% of the reviews.

War
    FFXIII shows that out of 292 ratings, there are two "0" reviews and six "1" reviews. That would be 2.7% of the reviews.
    I am guessing you got that figures from this page which is why your figures/counts are wrong.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...&num_items=100

If you notice, there is one page and says "100 per page". 1X100= 100 =/= 292.If you pay more attention, there are less than 100 reviews per page. i think roughly 70-80. its not 2.7 percent. Not even close.
    Last edited by War; 02-01-2012 at 02:04.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Well.....so much for quality is subjective.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Well.....so much for quality is subjective.
    I just think it depends on the mood they are in that day. For example, I think the quality of my wife is superb. But when she is on the rag, watch the fuck out. Quality drops.

10. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    FFXIII seems to have tons of 1s. Safe to say most are troll votes. BTW, werent you the one who were saying people at xbox forums think that 360 exclusives are best thing ever? Using same argument, that must be 360 fans all jumping in to vote.

Even well known Xbox based biased site is admitting that Xbox 360 lacks exclusives. Not sure what more to say.
    You're talking in circles now. Just as I said, people molest the definition of "quality" to suite what is convenient of the time. You just proved my point. Also, I wanted to point out it's rude to call people "trolls" or "fanboys."

And Leisure, I never said users are bribed. I said the reviewers are. Publishers enjoy controlling the media just as any business does.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-01-2012 at 02:08.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    You're talking in circles now. Just as I said, people molest the definition of "quality" to suite what is convenient of the time. Thanks for pointing my point. Also, I wanted to point out it's rude to call people "trolls" or "fanboys."

And Leisure, I never said users are bribed. I said the reviewers are. Publishers enjoy controlling the media just as any business does.
    Funny that you would accuse someone of talking in circles...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

13. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B

War
    You're talking in circles now. Just as I said, people molest the definition of "quality" to suite what is convenient of the time. You just proved my point. Also, I wanted to point out it's rude to call people "trolls" or "fanboys."

wait what? How am I suddenly talking in circles? You are the one molesting definition of "quality" by calling it completely subjective. You are essentially saying that word "quality" has no meaning by saying everything is subjective.

I just assumed most of those user reviews are troll reviews because most of the negative review has no comment. Also, if you read PS3 reviews(1600+), its like 8.3.

Edit. @Solider
    BTW, good to know that you share the same view as Inzane. Either way, if you want to support his argument, correct math would help a lot.

Either way, good talking with you folks. I now know which members holds what type of views. Been sitting in front of computer long enough now.
    Last edited by War; 02-01-2012 at 02:19.

16. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Manager

But....the users said LO was better. Obviously, they are being bribed. (this is fun)

Soldier 95B
    Never assume War!

We are talking about Xbox here in the Xbox section, so I didn't put the PS3 review info here. That is for a different section of the forum if you are interested though.

War
    But....the users said LO was better. Obviously, they are being bribed. (this is fun)
    No, I think some members here are getting bribed for their opinion and fake math. They are salesmen. (sorry couldnt resist. This really is my last post. LoL)

Super Elite
    I don't why you would think the users would be bribed. Why don't you explain why you would think that?

War
    Never assume War!

We are talking about Xbox here in the Xbox section, so I didn't put the PS3 review info here. That is for a different section of the forum if you are interested though.
    Its not like 360 version received a different game....

PSU Technical Manager
    I don't why you would think the users would be bribed. Why don't you explain why you would think that?
    LOL...night all.

Super Elite
    LOL...night all.
    Joke's on you for putting words in my mouth. Have a good night.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I mean, this whole train of thought you guys are on at the moment is so far out of whack its not funny, but...

No, actually nevermind, this whole threads not in logic land at the moment.

Suffice to say, it doesnt matter if you have more trees, and if some of them are bigger, because that forest over thier, that has far bigger trees in it that either of you can grow.

Of course, your tress were important, when that forest didnt exsist, and didnt have half as many trees as it does now.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-01-2012 at 02:36.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Soldier 95B
    You said:

Lost Odyssey was considered bad by general consensus
    According to Metacritic:

Positive user scores: 237
    Mixed user scores: 12
    Negative user scores: 32

Positive critic scores: 58
    Mixed critic scores: 10
    Negative user scores: 0

We are curious as to how you determined that is was bad by general consensus.

Its not like 360 version received a different game....
    Oh contrare...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

Oh hello Digital Foundry....

The rumours are true. Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 isn't anywhere near as impressive as it is on PlayStation 3. The real kicker is that it's a lot worse than it
    should have been.

As for this comment you made:

BTW, good to know that you share the same view as Inzane.

You are incorrect sir. I have no idea if reviewers are bribed or paid off...one way or the other. I choose to not make a comment on that, because I have no knowledge of it being true or false.

I do NOT share the same view. Thank you.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-01-2012 at 02:46.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    For the record I loved L.O.

Im not a General though.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    Funny that you would accuse someone of talking in circles...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    lolol
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

War
    You said:

According to Metacritic:

Positive user scores: 237
    Mixed user scores: 12
    Negative user scores: 32

Positive critic scores: 58
    Mixed critic scores: 10
    Negative user scores: 0

We are curious as to how you determined that is was bad by general consensus.

Oh contrare...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

Oh hello Digital Foundry....

As for this comment you made:

You are incorrect sir. I have no idea if reviewers are bribed or paid off...one way or the other. I choose to not make a comment on that, because I have no knowledge of it being true or false.

I do NOT share the same view. Thank you.
    I didnt say general consensus thought that game was "bad". I said general consensus thought that FF13 was better, but I personally thought that game was bad. I had to force myself through the third disc even though I paced throughout the game, but that is my only personal opinion. The general consensus believes that game is bit better.

Btw, your own Digital foundary article explains why there are so many more trolling user reviews on Xbox version. People were probably pissed that they got an inferior version. Hell, I would be too.

As for you sharing same view as Inzane, why defend his points then? I only see two possible reasoning here. 1) you do actually agree with his "theory" lol 2) you are defending his point even though you don't agree with it because it defends MS.
    Sorry, but you are trapped there. and seriously, I wont post more for a while. I've spent enough time in front of computer today. Till the next time. See ya

Thread Information