Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    the ground combat is excellent but the Hawks are seriously lacking in all departments, looks, speed, weapons (i know its a beta) overall movement. I just hope they fix the air combat or else this will just be ground multiplayer.

Dedicated Member
    Loving the beta, myself.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Dedicated Member

It's pretty cool, like Warhawk, it takes a bit of time to get used to at first. But, if you played Warhawk, it's pretty intuitive. I will definitely pick it up along with Twisted Metal.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    XSpike_SpiegelC
    Items PS3 Fat
    I totally agree. I only played it for a few hours, but what i did play was top notch. On Warhawk it seemed like you had to empty a clip into someone for a kill. On this however, you can actually rattle off a few well aimed shots and get them! I think the way they balanced the Hawks is so much better also! Before you went into a hover if you were not flying, but now your Hawk is forced to land. This makes them slower and easier to kill by ground forces. Also, they can only use two types of weapons. (at least that is what i saw. The machine gun, and some sort of pulse gun which was more powerful).

The weapons are mainly in the Amory, but there are some spread throughout the level and they put a sniper weapon spawn on top of the sniper tower! I think they did a really good job on balancing the way you can build things, i never felt like i was waiting an enormous amount of time, but for the really good things you had to wait a bit, or you could steal other peoples "power" when you killed them. I think that is how it went.

I went into this beta thinking that it was just going to be a re hash of Warhawk, with some upgrades, or maybe even downgrades which the developer thinks will make it better. I think DICE did some of the latter with BF3, but that is another topic. All around this felt so solid! I am so excited about it's release now! I just hope they get a full open beta out soon!

5. Likes Omar likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    ^- XSpike knows what hes talking about - pun intended. I agree with everything XSpike said. I went into the beta thinking it'll be more like War hawk going by the E3 videos but once I played it they fixed the things I didn't like bout war hawk (the aiming system) and also improved things like the Star hawks which are now better balanced. The build system is very well done I haven't had any games where I thought people where just spamming unless buildings/walls everywhere.

This is just a beta and its missing quite a few things like some weapons, the bigger maps/player count and probably a few other stuff. Overall it should easily be more successful then WH
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

7. Likes XSpike_SpiegelC likes this post

Warhawk was one of its kind and now Starhawk promises to enter in a better show too.
    Preorder Starhawk here:
    http://us.playstation.com/games-and-...rhawk-ps3.html

Super Elite
    My time is limited in gaming nowadays, but i can honestly say that if there is one game i can play all year Starhawk would surely be that game, its a mixed of some of my favorite genres, Open world, Vehicle combat, 3rd person shooter, Stealth (sniper), and User created ala Little big planet influence build a battle,

Starhawk is my online multiplayer game of the year, Warhawk has and for ever hold a piece in my gaming heart, NO other Online game wether on the PSN or Live ever hold a candle to the fun and unique experience ive had in warhawk, wether capturing a flag, in a epic persude, chased by Hawks, shot at by tanks, Jeep and turrets, Warhawk keeping those rag doll avators flopping,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    How big is the beta (How many GB)? I have very small monthly bandwith limit so I need to know if I should download it as soon as I can (on the 31st), or later.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    XSpike_SpiegelC
    Items PS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    How big is the beta (How many GB)? I have very small monthly bandwith limit so I need to know if I should download it as soon as I can (on the 31st), or later.
    This site: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...charted-3-dlc/

says it is 1.3G.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Finally got to try the beta and here are my impressions:
    They fixed the most annoying thing about Warhawk: running around like idiot to search for weapons. Now you just spawn the appropriate building, go inside, and get rocket launcher and shotgun(all you really need(is love))
    I really hope that there will be option to customize the controls, or at least have control layout similar to Red Faction Guerilla (wishful thinking) because that game had the controls just right, including weapon switching(too bad about 99% of people in this thread never played RFG).
    I am not sure how this building system is going to work out since unless you are playing with friends, it is pretty much anarchy with each person building their own thing.

Now on to problems:
    - Why is there no option in the menu to see the controls. For a beta, I can understand if you can't adjust them, but I don't want to have to go to a website that has all the info just so I can play the properly.
    - Weapon switching leaves lot to be desired. It was stupid in Warhawk and still is stupid. Resistance 1 did it right. There should at least be a quick weapon switch button that will also act as a weapon wheel
    - The building system needs tweaking: I need to know how many buildings of each type are already placed
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Finally got to try the beta and here are my impressions:
    They fixed the most annoying thing about Warhawk: running around like idiot to search for weapons. Now you just spawn the appropriate building, go inside, and get rocket launcher and shotgun(all you really need(is love))
    I really hope that there will be option to customize the controls, or at least have control layout similar to Red Faction Guerilla (wishful thinking) because that game had the controls just right, including weapon switching(too bad about 99% of people in this thread never played RFG).
    I am not sure how this building system is going to work out since unless you are playing with friends, it is pretty much anarchy with each person building their own thing.

Now on to problems:
    - Why is there no option in the menu to see the controls. For a beta, I can understand if you can't adjust them, but I don't want to have to go to a website that has all the info just so I can play the properly.
    - Weapon switching leaves lot to be desired. It was stupid in Warhawk and still is stupid. Resistance 1 did it right. There should at least be a quick weapon switch button that will also act as a weapon wheel
    - The building system needs tweaking: I need to know how many buildings of each type are already placed
    This!!!! i've seen noobs put air pads and car garages in the same area and all it does is waste resources, especially when im trying to put up an energy shield and i cant because we have 32/32 buildings. All you really need is one airport per spawn location.

Veteran
    Havn't played yet, but I've a question for those that have.

My biggest complaint about Warhawk was that autoaim, auto lock on or whatever you wanna call it was on by default so everyone used it. There was no real skill involved with getting kills. Just let ur crosshair lock on n hold down the trigger. Pretty much came down whoever locked on first won the fight.

Please tell be it isn't like that with Starhawk aswell....

Sniping was fun in Warhawk tho.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I just played it for the first time, it's good I like it. I could see myself enjoying it.

However.

I don't think people are going to play this game like it is meant to be played. From what I can gather you are supposed to work as a team to build your defense and win the game as a unit. I don't see people doing this when the game comes out. I see people just building $#@! to suit themselves ruining the game for the majority.

People were already doing it when I played just now there. They all semed to just want to get in to one of them mech suit type things and walk around destroying people. This is one of the reasons I hate online gameplay in games. As much as I love it I hate it just as much cause of that bull$#@!.

Maybe I'm not understanding the game right and that's what you're supposed to do.. but I somehow doubt it.

Thread Information