Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Square Enix has announced Xbox 360 exclusive DLC for Final Fantasy 13-2.
    It is a weapon called Azrael, which can only be used by character Serah. Azrael is a bow weapon designed through collaboration between Square Enix and Microsoft.

The downloadable content launches on 7th February 2012 - four days after the release of the game - and costs 80 MS Points.

The official blurb on Azrael:

"This weapon is named after an angel who represents spirits and death. It is believed to possess the power to change the owner's destiny, and your Chain Bonus is upgraded when equipped. Serah alone has the ability to wield this legendary weapon. The player can obtain this weapon from Chocolina merchants, from Episode 2 onwards in the main game for 80 Microsoft Points via Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360. Only Serah has the ability to wield this legendary weapon.

"A trailer showcasing the weapon is below, alongside some nifty screenshots.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-dlc-revealed

**** it.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Like?

Sent from my Xperia Ray
    Ni No Kuni
    Tales of Graces f
    The Last Story
    HyperDimension Neptunia Mk.2
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 01-23-2012 at 02:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanspartan
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think $20 is worth what you get for it... if I were interested in getting the game, I'd upgrade.

I decided to get the collector's edition, as far as soundtracks go I prefer having the actual cd in my hand. The concept art book sounds cool too but I wish they would've included more pages.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I find it kind of funny that the 360 version got some exclusive content. You figured it would be on PS3 instead since the PS has been the home for FF for so long. Guess they wanted to try to up the sales some by offering exclusive content. Definitely could have been a lot better incentive than a weapon. Sales weren't that good for the 360 version of XIII were they? Just wondering because it seems that it didn't do too well from what I remember.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-dlc-revealed

**** it.

Ni No Kuni
    Tales of Graces f
    The Last Story
    HyperDimension Neptunia Mk.2
    Never actually heard of those

Edit, just had a look
    Ni No Kuni look good, but a little kiddy for my tastes
    The other two Wii ones looked meh
    Is Resonance of Fate any good?
    Sent from my Xperia Ray
    Last edited by TGO; 01-23-2012 at 04:24.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Edit, just had a look
    Sent from my Xperia Ray
    I heard A LOT of mixed reviews, and the world map seems weird, although I haven't played it. I'm looking forward for Ni No Kuni and graces f.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I find it kind of funny that the 360 version got some exclusive content. You figured it would be on PS3 instead since the PS has been the home for FF for so long. Guess they wanted to try to up the sales some by offering exclusive content. Definitely could have been a lot better incentive than a weapon. Sales weren't that good for the 360 version of XIII were they? Just wondering because it seems that it didn't do too well from what I remember.
    No its a case of Microsoft offering money and Square Enix being the greedy bastards that they are, taking it, like how MS has once again bought exclusive marketing. This is why I'll never buy a Microsoft console, and why Square Enix won't be getting my money for this title. So they've screwed themselves there.

Edit, just had a look
    Sent from my Xperia Ray
    Tales of Graces was originally a Wii game, Tales of Graces f (the one that's coming to the west), is a massive revamp with a 10 hour prologue for the PS3. It was the highest rated Tales of game, until Tales of Xillia released (the game that surprisingly had a better first week than FFXIII-2 did in Japan).
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

Forum Sage
    No its a case of Microsoft offering money and Square Enix being the greedy bastards that they are, taking it, like how MS has once again bought exclusive marketing.
    It's just a weapon that will probably be obsolete within the first few hours, stop being a drama queen and making this into some horrible console war BS. The PS3 version is still the better one of the two.

This is why I'll never buy a Microsoft console
    I'm guessing you're completely fine with Dead Space 2 & SSX getting exclusive content for PS3?

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

9. Likes F34R , Cyklops likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Let's try to keep this thread on topic: discussing the value of the collectors edition

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    I'm guessing you're completely fine with Dead Space 2 & SSX getting exclusive content for PS3?
    Not really, couldn't care less about either of those games. Try again.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Let's try to keep this thread on topic: discussing the value of the collectors edition
    Naw it's cool. I made up my mind and paid the extra.

As the thread creator I waive all responsibility for subsequent posters to maintain on-topic in discussion.

I wanna see where this goes.
    Last edited by Tyrien; 01-24-2012 at 04:10.

13. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Not really, couldn't care less about either of those games. Try again.
    So when Sony does the EXACT SAME THING same as Microsoft (pay for exclusive stuff, much more substantial ones than just ONE SINGLE WEAPON, actually, like a whole extra mountain, Mt. Fuji, in SSX), yet it's games you don't care about, it's OK? I know you love to have your ignorant, blind hate of all things Square Enix (& Microsoft) nowadays, but can't you see how hypocritical that is?

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Recently Finished:

15. Likes F34R , Cyklops likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    So when Sony does the EXACT SAME THING same as Microsoft (pay for exclusive stuff, much more substantial ones than just ONE SINGLE WEAPON, actually, like a whole extra mountain, Mt. Fuji, in SSX), yet it's games you don't care about, it's OK? I know you love to have your ignorant, blind hate of all things Square Enix (& Microsoft) nowadays, but can't you see how hypocritical that is?
    I'm against exclusive DLC ALWAYS, it's stupid, but in this case a FF title shouldn't even have DLC, its turned into a cash cow. I know you love to have your ignorant, blind love of all things Square Enix nowadays, but try to see where the company is going. Look at how ****ty the Japanese sales of this game were, I'm not alone in boycotting this game. At the end of the day, its my money, and its going to more deserving titles, Square Enix thinks they made a good business decision, was it worth it looking at the sales they lost? Nope. No point arguing with you on this though because you always come up with something to defend Square Enix to no end.

Forum Sage
    I'm against exclusive DLC ALWAYS, it's stupid, but in this case a FF title shouldn't even have DLC, its turned into a cash cow.
    It's just weapons & costumes. Everybody else has been doing it for years now, this is the first Final Fantasy to do so, yet I don't see you boycotting Sony's games or anything. Namco's costume DLC and their treatment of Tales fans is much worse than anything Square Enix has done (Scamco leaves Tales games unlocalized, releases beta versions on one platform just to come up with a much improved game with ****ton of added content for another a while later, Tales of Xillia has more than 80$ worth of DLC costumes etc. etc.). Now Square Enix offers one silly weapon for the owners of the other console + a few costumes for everyone and they are the enemy of the humankind. Go ahead, if you boycott Square Enix for treating their fans badly, boycott Namco too and don't buy Tales of Graces F. And Level 5 by not buying Ni No Kuni.

FFXIII-2 still offers content for, what, at least 60 to 70 hours. You never have to touch any DLC to get your money's worth of the game.

I know you love to have your ignorant, blind love of all things Square Enix nowadays,
    Sorry, smartass, try again. I do acknowledge that Square Enix has done plenty of bad decisions (no Re:CoM in Europe, Front Mission Evolved, announcing certain games too early, releasing FFXIV in the state it was released in etc.), I just don't get butthurt from now to eternity when they make a couple of bad games or anything, especially when they've also continued to release decent to great games like The World Ends With You, Nier, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Dragon Quest IX, Dissidia, 3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together etc.

And FFXIII-2 having ONE exclusive weapon on Xbox 360 isn't a bad decision. It's a stupid decision from Microsoft since they are spending their money for nothing (it's not like this is going to improve the Xbox 360 versions sales much). Square Enix is pretty wise in taking that money. Let's see you make a game and then say no to Microsoft when they come up with an idea like "you know, we didn't participate in the development at all, but let us pay millions to advertise the game for you."

but try to see where the company is going.
    Into an awesome direction? They hit a bump a few years back which resulted in some unwanted things, so what? They are learning from all the mistakes they've done in recent years (no announcements too early, next-gen engine already well underway, think more about which devs to team up with for publishing deals, take game series back to the direction fans want them to) and they've got a ****awesome future line-up with games like Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default, FFVsXIII, Gunslinger Stratos, Type-0's localization, that semi-announced big-ass PS360 action RPG + they've really turned Eidos around by giving them all the time they need to work on games like Deus Ex 3, Tomb Raider reboot, Thief 4 and whatever other games we don't know of yet. Before Square Enix acquired them, Eidos was going to a horrible direction of obsoleteness, they turned them around and now they've jumped back to the ring as AAA level developer. Seriously, you have some idiotic fanboy butthurt rage against Square Enix that isn't in any way logical (they still make great games, even if the last FF wasn't up to standards). If they make a bad game, go ahead, ***** about it. When they make a decent effort in improving everything people criticize them & their games of, yet you still continue *****ing like they are doing worse, that's just pathetic.

You just seem hang up on their mistakes while willfully ignoring everything they do right.

Look at how ****ty the Japanese sales of this game were, I'm not alone in boycotting this game.
    No, but you have one of the ****tiest reasons for doing so.

Also, while the sales were far from typical mainline FF sales, over 700k isn't "****ty". It's still one of the best selling PS3 games in Japan with sales like that.

At the end of the day, its my money, and its going to more deserving titles
    Such as?

Square Enix thinks they made a good business decision, was it worth it looking at the sales they lost? Nope.
    What business decision? To make XIII-2? Yes, it WAS a good business decision. Even if it doesn't sell as well as FFs usually do, it's still sold well enough to make tons of profit and they've gotten some goodwill back towards them simply by showing that they do care about what the fans think about (even if they still haven't fired/demoted Toriyama).

Anyhoo, XIII-2 is a sequel which is build up on a somewhat sound basis, so the development costs are probably relatively low in comparison to if they had abandoned the XIII universe & engine and gone for Final Fantasy XV straight away, not to even mention the wait for the next mainline FF would've been much longer.

Recently Finished:

18. Likes F34R , Cyklops likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    No wonder they're still in business.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    It's your money, I'll be enjoying much better JRPGs.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's just a weapon that will probably be obsolete within the first few hours, stop being a drama queen and making this into some horrible console war BS. The PS3 version is still the better one of the two.

It's just weapons & costumes. Everybody else has been doing it for years now, this is the first Final Fantasy to do so, yet I don't see you boycotting Sony's games or anything. Namco's costume DLC and their treatment of Tales fans is much worse than anything Square Enix has done (Scamco leaves Tales games unlocalized, releases beta versions on one platform just to come up with a much improved game with ****ton of added content for another a while later, Tales of Xillia has more than 80$ worth of DLC costumes etc. etc.). Now Square Enix offers one silly weapon for the owners of the other console + a few costumes for everyone and they are the enemy of the humankind. Go ahead, if you boycott Square Enix for treating their fans badly, boycott Namco too and don't buy Tales of Graces F. And Level 5 by not buying Ni No Kuni.

FFXIII-2 still offers content for, what, at least 60 to 70 hours. You never have to touch any DLC to get your money's worth of the game.

Sorry, smartass, try again. I do acknowledge that Square Enix has done plenty of bad decisions (no Re:CoM in Europe, Front Mission Evolved, announcing certain games too early, releasing FFXIV in the state it was released in etc.), I just don't get butthurt from now to eternity when they make a couple of bad games or anything, especially when they've also continued to release decent to great games like The World Ends With You, Nier, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Dragon Quest IX, Dissidia, 3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together etc.

And FFXIII-2 having ONE exclusive weapon on Xbox 360 isn't a bad decision. It's a stupid decision from Microsoft since they are spending their money for nothing (it's not like this is going to improve the Xbox 360 versions sales much). Square Enix is pretty wise in taking that money. Let's see you make a game and then say no to Microsoft when they come up with an idea like "you know, we didn't participate in the development at all, but let us pay millions to advertise the game for you."

Into an awesome direction? They hit a bump a few years back which resulted in some unwanted things, so what? They are learning from all the mistakes they've done in recent years (no announcements too early, next-gen engine already well underway, think more about which devs to team up with for publishing deals, take game series back to the direction fans want them to) and they've got a ****awesome future line-up with games like Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Default, FFVsXIII, Gunslinger Stratos, Type-0's localization, that semi-announced big-ass PS360 action RPG + they've really turned Eidos around by giving them all the time they need to work on games like Deus Ex 3, Tomb Raider reboot, Thief 4 and whatever other games we don't know of yet. Before Square Enix acquired them, Eidos was going to a horrible direction of obsoleteness, they turned them around and now they've jumped back to the ring as AAA level developer. Seriously, you have some idiotic fanboy butthurt rage against Square Enix that isn't in any way logical (they still make great games, even if the last FF wasn't up to standards). If they make a bad game, go ahead, ***** about it. When they make a decent effort in improving everything people criticize them & their games of, yet you still continue *****ing like they are doing worse, that's just pathetic.

You just seem hang up on their mistakes while willfully ignoring everything they do right.

No, but you have one of the ****tiest reasons for doing so.

Also, while the sales were far from typical mainline FF sales, over 700k isn't "****ty". It's still one of the best selling PS3 games in Japan with sales like that.

Such as?

What business decision? To make XIII-2? Yes, it WAS a good business decision. Even if it doesn't sell as well as FFs usually do, it's still sold well enough to make tons of profit and they've gotten some goodwill back towards them simply by showing that they do care about what the fans think about (even if they still haven't fired/demoted Toriyama).

Anyhoo, XIII-2 is a sequel which is build up on a somewhat sound basis, so the development costs are probably relatively low in comparison to if they had abandoned the XIII universe & engine and gone for Final Fantasy XV straight away, not to even mention the wait for the next mainline FF would've been much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    +rep/likes multiple times over. Good posts.

22. Likes Cyklops likes this post
    I'm a real boy!
    I'm against exclusive DLC ALWAYS, it's stupid, but in this case a FF title shouldn't even have DLC, its turned into a cash cow. I know you love to have your ignorant, blind love of all things Square Enix nowadays, but try to see where the company is going. Look at how ****ty the Japanese sales of this game were, I'm not alone in boycotting this game. At the end of the day, its my money, and its going to more deserving titles, Square Enix thinks they made a good business decision, was it worth it looking at the sales they lost? Nope. No point arguing with you on this though because you always come up with something to defend Square Enix to no end.
    You're better than that.
    It's your money, I'll be enjoying much better JRPGs.
    Damn. Now that I've quoted you twice someone will probably think I've got some kind of vendetta. Meh.

So why do you think this is a multi-billion dollar industry? There's thousands of demographics to sell to. This means there's more people, people with different tastes. Just because you dislike or like something does not mean that thing is inherently good or bad. It's not an argument. It's a shy attempt at having the last word.

24. Likes F34R , Cyklops likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran

One of the two characters in this logo are DLC..

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/24...antasy-xiii-2/

Eff. This. Game.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

26. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

Eff. This. Game.
    I'm confused on this. Which one. Both are in the game. I'm definitely missing something here.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 01-25-2012 at 06:34.

Super Elite
    I'm confused on this. Which one. Both are in the game. I'm definitely missing something here.
    He's just meaning the fact that SE has announced that, like Omega Weapon being released as DLC, so to allow the players to battle it out in the Coliseum and get it's crystal/make it your monster ally, Lightning will also be available as a monster-character that you can fight in the Coliseum and have as your party member. Also mentions that there may be a little side story for Lightning in the DLC.

The other piece of info about Sazh and Dajh, relates to purely story-based DLC, which I might purchase down the line.

The thing I don't understand is why so much hate for one company? Every other company releases DLC, and just because the 'oh so amazing' SE releases DLC to fund their projects, the fans go ape****.
    Last edited by Cyklops; 01-25-2012 at 08:14.

29. Likes F34R likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

Eff. This. Game.
    Nah its all good, keep bending over for SE and they'll reward you.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Nah its all good, keep bending over for SE and they'll reward you.
    So if a company sells you DLC they are stiffing it to you? Every company does this but SE does it and they are trying to screw you over? Don't get it. Not to mention people asked for DLC for XIII. So SE actually did something fans asked for, for a change. You play as lightning in the game. She is in a separate timeline from what I tell from the story. So it wouldn't make much sense for her to fight in party with Serah and Noel. The DLC details are quite vague at the time so until full details are released don't see any reason to get all up in arms about it.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 01-25-2012 at 15:39.

32. Likes F34R , Cyklops likes this post
    Super Elite
    So if a company sells you DLC they are stiffing it to you? Every company does this but SE does it and they are trying to screw you over? Don't get it. Not to mention people asked for DLC for XIII. So SE actually did something fans asked for, for a change. You play as lightning in the game. She is in a separate timeline from what I tell from the story. So it wouldn't make much sense for her to fight in party with Serah and Noel. The DLC details are quite vague at the time so until full details are released don't see any reason to get all up in arms about it.
    Haters gonna hate, man. Just let them be, and let's just enjoy the game for ourselves.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    So when Capcom release DLC on release day, stuff that shouldve been on the disc ON release day (just like this situation), people are allowed to ***** at Capcom and not SE? Ironic. The thing that most people hate about Capcom this gen, yet when SE does it its all ok.

Thread Information