Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    So when Capcom release DLC on release day, stuff that shouldve been on the disc ON release day (just like this situation), people are allowed to $#@! at Capcom and not SE? Ironic. The thing that most people hate about Capcom this gen, yet when SE does it its all ok.
    I don't like day one DLC. But I don't see where this says it is day one. This could very well be for the Japanese version as well which has been out for a little while now. Considering this is a Famitsu leak. I just think that you are jumping to conclusions too quickly just to dismiss SE. For the record, I'm not even a big fan of SE. They fall in the middle of the pack as far as game companies are involved to me.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

2. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't like day one DLC. But I don't see where this says it is day one. This could very well be for the Japanese version as well which has been out for a little while now. Considering this is a Famitsu leak. I just think that you are jumping to conclusions too quickly just to dismiss SE. For the record, I'm not even a big fan of SE. They fall in the middle of the pack as far as game companies are involved to me.
    Ok fair enough. +rep for having a civilized debate too instead of posting stupid gifs and thumbs down.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So can anyone confirm that Lightning isn't playable in FFXIII-2, at all. I could have swore at the end of the demo it shows gameplay footage of Lightning fighting a boss in game. If you can't play Lightning at all, but can in DLC as was implied earlier this is BS! Could someone clear this up. I thought the DLC was just supposed to focus more on Lightning than the normal game did. Since Serah and Noel are the main protagonist.

I've only seen footage of Lightning vs Bahamut and that's it. But this was back at E3. Don't even know if this actually made it to the game.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 01-25-2012 at 18:54.

Super Elite
    So can anyone confirm that Lightning isn't playable in FFXIII-2, at all. I could have swore at the end of the demo it shows gameplay footage of Lightning fighting a boss in game. If you can't play Lightning at all, but can in DLC as was implied earlier this is BS! Could someone clear this up. I thought the DLC was just supposed to focus more on Lightning than the normal game did. Since Serah and Noel are the main protagonist.

I've only seen footage of Lightning vs Bahamut and that's it. But this was back at E3. Don't even know if this actually made it to the game.
    You play as Lightning during the prologue. It's to get you started on the gameplay mechanics and all. For the rest of the game after that, you can only control Noel and Serah.

Ultimate Veteran
    You only play as Lightning for a short stint.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Ok fair enough. +rep for having a civilized debate too instead of posting stupid gifs and thumbs down.
    It absolutely baffles me, nears shattering my entire mental state, to see you in one post brush off a legitimate opinion and analysis of a situation as "bending over" for Squeenix, then applaud someone for having a civilized debate.

I mean... $#@!.

8. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/fi...lightning-dlc/
    If dlc is the only way to play as light, then this is BULL POOP

Ancient
    lmao, funny.....the DLC is SE's response to the LACK of it for XIII, SE can't win.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    What if the Lighting DLC is free? Would you all complain then?(rhetorical question)

Also wondering how many people complaining about FF DLC drooled at the mouth and bought all the Batman AA DLC. The amount of DLC for that made think it was made by Capcom.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 01-26-2012 at 04:47.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    You play as Lightning during the prologue. It's to get you started on the gameplay mechanics and all. For the rest of the game after that, you can only control Noel and Serah.
    That's cool. I was about to say that if you didn't get to play her after she is the focus of all the trailer and is even featured in the logo would be f'in stupid. But as long as you get to play as her. Doesn't really matter, I was wanting DLC for XIII after beating it so I will probably buy it anyway.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    lmao, funny.....the DLC is SE's response to the LACK of it for XIII, SE can't win.
    Thing is, people would be OK with a large DLC package that is released about 2 to 3 months after release. For example, a new 5 hour side-quest, a new expansive mini-game, or something like that. But when S-E is putting out small DLC items shortly after release, it leaves the impression that Square-Enix is nickel and diming us.

14. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Thing is, people would be OK with a large DLC package that is released about 2 to 3 months after release. For example, a new 5 hour side-quest, a new expansive mini-game, or something like that. But when S-E is putting out small DLC items shortly after release, it leaves the impression that Square-Enix is nickel and diming us.
    That is the thing. I'm not saying it is but this said it was a Famitsu leak. Which is a Japanese gaming mag. This game released over a month and a half ago. This dlc could very well be pertaining to the Japanese version of the game which has been out almost a month and a half already there. Which would put it in the 2-3 month window you speak of. Let's not forget that they are already finished with the game there and are moving on to new stuff. The bulk of that content could very well be questionable though.

They still have to do it in english which we know will take some time. Just my two cents.

I'm a real boy!
    That is the thing. I'm not saying it is but this said it was a Famitsu leak. Which is a Japanese gaming mag. This game released over a month and a half ago. This dlc could very well be pertaining to the Japanese version of the game which has been out almost a month and a half already there. Which would put it in the 2-3 month window you speak of. Let's not forget that they are already finished with the game there and are moving on to new stuff. The bulk of that content could very well be questionable though.

They still have to do it in english which we know will take some time. Just my two cents.
    True. Localizing DLC will take some time as well depending on what it is. Even if it is little extra things that do not need localization Square is not going to release it as part of the NA release. Why? It's bad PR for their japanese customers.

The game is what it is. It's a full and robust game. Anything extra is just that, it's extra and not necessary to play the game.

17. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    True. Localizing DLC will take some time as well depending on what it is. Even if it is little extra things that do not need localization Square is not going to release it as part of the NA release. Why? It's bad PR for their japanese customers.

The game is what it is. It's a full and robust game. Anything extra is just that, it's extra and not necessary to play the game.
    Definitely. I will sink at least 60-70 hours into this game for sure. I played XIII for 72 hours and didn't even do much after beating it. DLC is definitely just a plus for games like this. I played the demo and can't wait for it. I was quite a fan of XIII and I'm liking the route of this one better. I'm really hoping Toys R Us ships it on Monday instead of the release date.

Thread Information