Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rumor: Is Rocksteady Studios Next Game TMNT: Manhattan Crisis?

What are you up to, Rocksteady?

Two days ago in this story, I said that I heard of a few rumors and rumblings going around regarding what's next game that Rocksteady Studios is developing after their very successful duo of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. I left it up to you to decide whether I'd even put up the story, because as I said before, this would clearly be a rumor (and one that I tried verifying its validity, but have not been able to do so just yet). You voted ?What the hell?why not. We'll take it as a rumor and not complain if it turns out false.? almost unanimously through comments and e-mails. And from my own internet searching, it's what you wanted?

Take it for what you will, but here's what I got:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
    - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku....respectively).
    - Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
    - Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
    - Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
    - Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
    - The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
    - Multiplayer is unknown.
    - Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
    - The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O'Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
    - Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
    - Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
    - Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, "The Manhattan Project", but is very much its own title.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project

Before I ask you what your thoughts are, let me tell you why it might be real and why it might be fake.

Real:
    - The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themselves fight similarly to Batman, in that they rely primarily on martial arts expertise and a variety of weapons, rather than incredible super powers. This would lean me towards believing that the transition between Arkham City and Manhattan Crisis, from purely a control standpoint, wouldn't be that difficult.
    - The amount of bad guys, the voice actors attached to them, the story?once again, all seem pretty comparable in approach and style to Batman's last two games.
    - The terrain and environments of a night time based, poorly lit Manhattan City and its respective buildings, bad guy lairs, etc., seem from a structural standpoint, pretty easy for Rocksteady studios to create...especially after the blueprints that went into Arkham City.
    - At E3 2011, shortly after awarding Batman: Arkham City with Paul Gale Network's "Best Adventure Game of E3 2011 Award" and PGN Ninja Star Keychain, I spoke with a few team members, saying how cool I personally thought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game would be if done dark with a dash of comedy, following a similar model as the Batman games...by Rocksteady Studios. At least the couple of individuals that I spoke with, found the idea amusing and
    ironic when I pointed out that Rocksteady is also a classic Turtles baddie.
    - IDW Publishing is currently handling a new Teenage Mutuant Ninja Turtles series. What's important about that? IDW Publishing and DC Comics (in Quarter 4, 2011) launched Star Trek/Legion of Super-Heroes, a crossover comic book that brings the two properties together....a first ever uniting, which shows that it's possible that Rocksteady could make such a game (taking their whole DC friendship into account).

Star Trek/Legion of Super-Heroes

Fake:
    - Plain and simple, I don't have a source directly tied to the alleged project that can confirm its truth.
    - I contacted Rocksteady Studios and got no response (which is expected in a case like this).
    - Nickelodeon acquired the TV rights to do 26 episodes of a new, cgi-based TMNT series in 2012.
    - Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon are releasing a live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes production company in 2012/2013.
    - At E3 2011, which was seven months ago, I shared this idea with a few people at Batman: Arkham Asylum's booth. Yes, I'm using this as not only a plus for it being real but also one for being fake...because could it be "too" coincidental?
    - To my understanding, Rocksteady's next game will probably be directly DC character based...so maybe an IDW/DC comic crossover isn't enough to make this game a possibility.

New logo for DC Comics (full article here)

There you have it. I definitely encourage you to take it for what I'm telling you it is: A RUMOR. If indeed true, I would personally love it and make a video of myself Cowabunga'ing in my next martial arts tutorial video (see section). If fake, at least the idea that it might have been considered a possibility is enough to make me smile and think how cool it'd all look like. What do you all think? Would you buy this game for Wii U, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 3 (or PC, 3DS, PS Vita if that would be the case)? Do you think it?s real or fake? Perhaps more importantly, do you WANT it to be real? Maybe it's not in development and Rocksteady is still in "thinking mode" of what to do next?and if your voices are positive and loud enough, in supporting such a project, they'll go ahead and do it.
    Source
    Doesnt sound to far off in my opinion, i guess we will see
    Turtles in time is still one of my favorite SNES games.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 01-23-2012 at 03:03.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Not a big fan of the Turtles..would be impressed if they could sway me.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    ^ Same. Could be cool though.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    wow, you guys must've had horrible childhoods. I HOPE IT'S TRUE

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

5. Likes $Greatness$ , Ixion , PS4freak , Thorzilla likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    i used to like the ninja turtles but i don't think they would make a good game, at least not compared to Batman. but who knows.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    this should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Superior Member
    A Rocksteady TMNT game? Hell yeah!

Master Poster
    Oh Man...MY BODY IS READY
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Master Guru
    Make it happen Rocksteady! TMNT for the win.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    F'in A!!!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I love Ninja Turtles but i also love Batman but dont like their Batman games so i dont have any hope for it if this game is happening.

Apprentice
    So the guy just happens to tell them how cool a TMNT would be at e3 and now makes an article with a bunch of info of the game but with absolutely no sources whatsoever?Sounds like a TMNT fanatic who deperatly wants a good game of his favorite show to me. TMNT hasn't been popular in so long,it would be a huge risk for Rocksteady to pick this up now.Don't see it happening.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I love Ninja Turtles but i also love Batman but dont like their Batman games so i dont have any hope for it if this game is happening.
    I'm not a big fan of their Batman games either but if this is real I'm sure it will be original and not just use the ground work from batman for an easy fix.

Once more into the fray.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    I didn't have a good childhood because I didn't like watching turtles eat pizza and hang out with a girl in a yellow jumpsuit?..riiiiiiiiight.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I would buy it in a heartbeat. Regardless of review score.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice

YES.

It's been a while since we've seen a decent Turtles game.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I wish Rocksteady would make a marvel game and make it as good as the arkham games...same type of fight and free-roam system...just imagine a very good iron man game....oh only in my dreams

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    This would be the video game of all video games.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Arkham style sandbox and fighting system with 4 player online co-op imagine the possibilities wow. I'm sure I still got my complete coin/boxed collection somewhere lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    New member of the PS4 club

21. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by marcsony View Post
    Arkham style sandbox and fighting system with 4 player online co-op imagine the possibilities wow. I'm sure I still got my complete coin/boxed collection somewhere lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    It would rock indeed

Once more into the fray.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'd buy that. If they aren't making a turtles game then hopefully DC lets them redeem Superman. He greatly needs their help.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I'd love this. Don't like Batman so wasn't interested in those games, but they were clearly quality products.

Haven't played a TMNT game since the NES one, that was awesome

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by dave-the-rave View Post
    i didn't have a good childhood because i didn't like watching turtles eat pizza and hang out with a girl in a yellow jumpsuit?..riiiiiiiiight.
    exactly

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

26. Likes PS4freak , Ixion likes this post
    Super Elite
    I couldn't finish Arkham Asylum due to growing bored with going through the same motions over and over, and while I gave the sequel a short spin it struck me as just more of the same. Maybe I'm just not a huge Batman fan, since all the mechanics seemed to be well implemented. I was just never immersed.

But if they give the same sort of treatment to a Turtles game, and give it multiplayer so that I can relive those days of fighting friends as we bum rushed towards the pizza, then cowabunga dude, I'm game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    I love the Turtles and would love to see a new game franchise for them. Even though I keep hearing how good of games they are, I haven't played the Batman games, (damn you college degree) but i would get a TMNT game day one from these guys.

His weapon wasn't the most bad ass but Donatello was the man.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Thread Information