Superior Member

I need some insight

I need some insight from you all for a project I'm working on, nothing crazy so chill out.

1. where do you like to buy your games and why?

2. How much does advertising actually factor into your decision to buy or not ?

3. Will you shop at a store you dislike if the price/bundle or special is better?

thank you all, i wish i could give you something for your participation

Forum Overseer

1. Amazon, Ebay. No taxes, pre-order deals.

2. None.

3. Yes.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Amazon, gamestop, walmart, ebay... in that order.
    none
    yes

you're welcome.

Master Guru
    1. GameStop, Walmart, Amazon.

2. None.

3. Yes.

Dedicated Member
    1. GameStop, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart
    2. I consider trailers as advertising, so a good deal, especially game play trailers. Otherwise, none.
    3. Yes
    PSN and 360Live: Zombieking36

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Best buy usually. I actually find out about games here and then Google. Btw, amazon agreed to charge sales tax by 2014 due to pressure from Indiana.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Amazon. almost exclusively. unless it is new then i go to best buy and get the SE without waiting in lines
    no
    and no
    Last edited by Funeralfog; 01-26-2012 at 15:19.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Amazon

None

Yes

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    1. Amazon, Ebay. No taxes, pre-order deals.

2. None.

3. Yes.

Same, with the added caveat that the pre order special would have to be amazing to outweigh the pro's of Amazon shopping.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Good questions. I was going to make a similar thread that was going to be targeted mostly at Canadian residents, so anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo View Post
    I need some insight from you all for a project I'm working on, nothing crazy so chill out.
    3. Will you shop at a store you dislike if the price/bundle or special is better?
    1. Any of these places but only if they are on sale:
    - Future Shop/BestBuy(Live pretty close to them)
    - dell.ca(not an easy to find link because if someone did not tell me about it, I would have never found it) sometimes has some good deals
    - amazon.ca(haven't seen a good deal there in a very long time)
    - Toys or us(their November sale is always a steal)
    I dare you to find any other good places for Canadians to buy games with free or very cheap shipping.

2. Advertising means almost nothing to me since I barely watch TV at all(too busy trying to finish off all the games).

3. I don't hold grudge against any store. If I ever find any store that has better sale prices than the ones that I listed(which is very rare), then I will buy there. For example, I don't like EA, but their Black Friday sale was hard to resist.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Apprentice
    1. Amazon, www.gog.com, ebay. Amazon has free shipping and automatically takes the VAT off. As for the other two, I like old games.
    2. Advertising can sometimes persuade me to buy a game. At most I would say it only affects 1 in 10 purchases. Most of them I was already interested in regardless of advertising.
    3. No. Only if I can't actually get the game anywhere else.

Super Elite
    1 - Online. Cheaper, might get 1 - 2 days early.

2 - Depends on genre of game. Usually gets me to look into the game, previews, reviews, trailers etc.

3 - No. Don't support the places were its a terrible customer experience.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    1. Online - shopto.net, amazon, play.com
    2. None
    3. If its a big saving then yes

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    1. Best Buy, Amazon, Toys R Us, Gamefly, and New Egg

2.Only if it is a game that I have never really seen much information on. If the marketing is good and depicts the game well, it might spark my interest. This will get me to do some research on it.

3. Only really one store that I dislike, Gamestop. But if I can save some money by shopping there I will do it. But they are usually overpriced compared to everyone else. But yes to answer your question.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    1. Futureshop, gamestop, staples (there bargain bin is the $#@!), zellers, amazon
    2. No really. Advertising is useless since I look up various games myself, and I mostly go based off user feedback.
    3. Yes. I hate futureshop, there customer support is completely useless and you rarely get exactly what you order, but I love steelbooks so I got no choice but to preorder from them. (Store is an hour or so away, so I gotta online it)

Hell it took me NINE days to be able to preorder Mass effect 3 so I can get the Mass Effect Collection steel book (Seems to be a metal case with the artwork from the ME3 cover - thought it was better then the $80 bundle was, and I could put in ME2 into this one if I wanted too.)
    Last edited by Fenix; 01-26-2012 at 21:55.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Amazon.com - Usually the cheapest

0.00% - My selection are primarily based 1.) It's a genre that I like 2.) It has good reviews 3.) I demo'd it and liked it. I have yet to see an advert that pushed more any more or less towards purchasing a video game.

Sure - I buy from Gamestop during their Black Friday sales.

Apprentice
    1. Amazon, Play.com (i dont trust flea bay)
    2. None
    3. Yes
    On the 7th day God rested, then Chuck Norris took over!

Apprentice
    gameStop, membership rewards.

advertisement does not, personal research and reviews are my deciding factor.

if "better" also means "cheaper" than, no... a couple dollars less is not going to stop me from building my gameStop points.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

PSN ID
    LadyHazard
    Online at Game. I can pre-order any game and it is delivered the day before it's official release date to make sure it arrives on time.

Advertising is not always accurate so I like to go to events such as GameFest so I can try before I commit. This years GameFest in Birmingham, England was brilliant. Was queueing for 2 hours to get 15 minutes gametime on MW3 worth it? Yes definitely.

No, I am faithful to the store I get my games from. They have never disappointed me yet. The bonus is they are always slightly cheaper than the competition anyway

Thread Information