Latest PSU headlines:

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Tomb Raider Development Reaches Milestone, Simultaneously Worldwide Release Planned

The crew behind the new Tomb Raider reboot has shared additional information about the game during the latest Crystal Habit podcast.

During the podcast Senior Producer Kyle Peschel and Art Director Brian Horton announced that development of the Tomb Raider reboot has achieved Alpha status. Kyle Peschel explained that at this point in the game?s development the content is done. ?Everything has been put together.?

The Alpha period of the game is expected to last a couple of months. After this comes the Beta stage where polishing, balancing and other additional work is done on the game. Beta may also last two months as well.

Later in the podcast Global Brand Director Karl Stewart confirmed that there are currently no plans for a level editor in the new Tom Raider. Stewart also refused to spoil the surprise on whether or not Lara will use dual pistols at some point in the game. We?ll just have to wait and see.

Crystal Dynamics is aiming for a simultaneously worldwide release for Tomb Raider. This bit of information was revealed on the F.A.Q portion of the Tomb Raider official website. A Collector?s Edition for Tomb Raider is also in the works. No details regarding what we can expect from the CE have been shared at this time.

Tomb Raider is set to release late this year for the PS3, 360, and PC. A Mac version of the game is also planned for a later release.
    Source
    Good news

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Woooot! Let's do it CD!

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Awesome, really looking forward to this game. I'm planning on replaying the old PSOne Tomb Raider's later this year to get me in the mood for a new game.

Definitely gonna get the Collector's Edition too, wonder what they've got planned for that...
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Awesome, really looking forward to this game. I'm planning on replaying the old PSOne Tomb Raider's later this year to get me in the mood for a new game.
    Don't, they've aged horribly. Just play Tomb Raider Anniversary and Underworld. Though flawed, they are still the best two Tomb Raider games and much, MUCH better than the POS (nowadays) PS1 era predecessors. Tomb Raider Anniversary is probably of the quality your nostalgia goggles make you think the original PS1 version was.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Super Elite
    PS1 era Tomb Raider games are great. If you liked them back then, then you will still enjoy them now.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

6. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i liked Tomb raider II and even rebought it. and i totally forgot how $#@! the controls are haha

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

8. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Elite
    Yeah, you run around as if you were a car, lol. But I still enjoy them. The new system has definitely freed up movement, but it feels too easy bcuz of it.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

10. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post

Thread Information