Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

I own all 3 consoles this generation. I'll buy two consoles next generation. I can't see myself buying a Wii U. Our Wii hasn't been turned on in over a year now. The PS3 and 360 get regular use though.

The one thing I am concerned with next-gen as far as MS is concerned is reliability. They've always been extremely developer friendly in regards to the hardware design, but making the console last was a real problem with the 360. I consider myself fortunate in that I've owned a 360 since launch day, and have only had to send it in twice for RROD repairs. I don't expect MS to make the most powerful system, but I do suspect that developers will get the most of the power the system has to offer on MS's next console.

With Sony, I expect them to cut back a bit on what the hardware can do. They'll build a more focused machine, rather than throwing in everything except the kitchen sink. That's not saying it will be weak, that's saying they won't waste a lot of R&D money on gimmick features that will get little support or be dropped soon after launch. They'll also use a lot of existing tech and designs where they developed brand new ones for the PS3. They'll use Bluray again, probably another Nvidia GPU, and possibly even a new version of Cell. Stick to the basics in hardware and expand the content and features via software.

2. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This gen i have owned all 3 consoles, my next gen purchase will be based solely on exclusives, MS will have to do better then this gen in that department if they want me to buy another console from them.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Sage
    I'll be buying both what MS and Sony offer me. I like to have choices and now i'm in a position i can buy both of them i will

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i well wait and see the outcome for the problem that might be at hand... But i fear not the change that will happen come the release of both respective next gen consoles
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    I will be a Wii U/PC only gamer next generation if they stop making my favorite JRPGs exclusive to Japan.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i guess i will by both respective next-gen consoles and the happiness i will get when new fresh gen titles come out for them.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    I am buying the next Xbox. I don't care too much for excluvie games. I buy all my multiplats on Xbox anyways.
    i think for most console owners this is due to the fact that the majority of multiplats perform better on the 360..impossible to say at this point if the tables will turn next gen...

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    With Sony, I expect them to cut back a bit on what the hardware can do. They'll build a more focused machine, rather than throwing in everything except the kitchen sink. That's not saying it will be weak, that's saying they won't waste a lot of R&D money on gimmick features that will get little support or be dropped soon after launch. They'll also use a lot of existing tech and designs where they developed brand new ones for the PS3. They'll use Bluray again, probably another Nvidia GPU, and possibly even a new version of Cell. Stick to the basics in hardware and expand the content and features via software.
    i think this is a given...ive always looked at the PS3 as somewhat of a loss leader for Sony...they took a big risk by including Blu-ray in the PS3...and it stimulated Blu-ray sales enough to overcome HD-DVD...and technology like the Cell Processor was in truth entirely to expensive for this generation...BUT Sony chose to include it anyway...

The PS4 should not be a radical departure on the Hardware front from the PS3...it will have Blu-ray...it will have a Cell Processor, just everything will be "more." Hopefully Sony has learned from their mistakes in the memory department and will either use a shared pool of memory, or if they insist on separate memory pools, they will insure that there is plenty of memory for both the CPU and GPU to pull from...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    i guess i will by both respective next-gen consoles and the happiness i will get when new fresh gen titles come out for them.
    Me too.. i see no reason AT ALL, no logical or insane reason to limit myself to one console experience.

I will get both and LOL at the people who sit and complain that one version got a special playable character, or why doesn't my game play as well as theirs...

Actually, pretty similar to now! I own all three, and thus, options are open.
    LMAO

10. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    agreed, i see the option as clear as day. When it comes to buying both respective next-gen console... Either way we win and others will loose

just lets wait and see

If ps4 doesn't ship within a couple months of the next xbox, then ill be getting the next xbox instead.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Me too.. i see no reason AT ALL, no logical or insane reason to limit myself to one console experience.

I will get both and LOL at the people who sit and complain that one version got a special playable character, or why doesn't my game play as well as theirs...

Actually, pretty similar to now! I own all three, and thus, options are open.
    Loling because people aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford both systems is kind of sad to me...
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

14. Likes Inzane2050, Nitey , Ghost likes this post

PS3 ,WII and PC is all I needed this gen...I had and XBOX but i found out is unnecessary if you own a PS3, Wii and PC...so next gen...XBOX better do something good and stop been overrated...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Loling because people aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford both systems is kind of sad to me...
    This is often forgotten here.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I don't think he meant Loling at people because they can't afford them. I think its more about the "mine is better than yours" thing.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    True. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, which is why I got a Wii on launch day, and the PS3 was just too expensive for me. I've never been a Microsoft fan, so I had always wanted a PS3. And so, 5 years later, I finally got one last month. And I'm loving Portal 2 right now!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post

You seem to forget that price drops occur over the lifespan of a console.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Fortunate enough? If someone is posting here after playnig on their PS3 or 360, then they have the ability to redirect 3 or 4 game purchases towards saving for a new console. If people are on this forum, they likely are not so poor that they are at their library using the free computer and only playing on their friends machine. Exceptions to my generalization I am sure exist, but to the targeted audience of my statement, it fits perfectly.

You think it's sad, fine, but those people posting here TYPICALLY would be able to work or save to get a new console and then just try to work to get the other, like me. I am not rich. Hell, with two kids I can practically not afford to game as much as I do, but I make it work. I chose to get all three consoles. I made the choice to work to get them.

If someone is content to own one console and then $#@! and moan when others get favoritism, it is their choice. OR, they can start doing something about it.

Not the argument for this thread though, so I will stop derailing.
    LMAO

Elite Guru
    Q: Will some Xbox gamers jump ship to PS4?
    A: Yes, they will. But some will jump ship from PS3 to Xbox. Some will have both. Some will have none... You get the idea.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Q: Will some Xbox gamers jump ship to PS4?
    A: Yes, they will. But some will jump ship from PS3 to Xbox. Some will have both. Some will have none... You get the idea.
    yup lol
    LMAO

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeK View Post
    PS3 ,WII and PC is all I needed this gen...I had and XBOX but i found out is unnecessary if you own a PS3, Wii and PC...so next gen...XBOX better do something good and stop been overrated...
    i own all 3 consoles and a gaming capable pc and yet the 360 is the one that gets used the most.

as i prefer achievements over trophies all my multi-plats are on 360 and when you add in the 360 exclusives.... no matter how good PS3 exclusives are, there just isnt enough time to play them.

for that reason, nextbox and wii u will be the only consoles i buy, wii u for the wife and nextbox for us both. no PS4 as i hardly use PS3 now for other than 3D movies and the wife never uses it..

for me, if nextbox can play 3D movies, then i'll not even need to keep the ps3 under my tv at all.

Super Elite
    Paying $280 for a console to play a couple if exclusives is a waste. Especially when you don't actively buy brand new $60 games all the time and when said exclusives are just not worth buying a new console for. No one has to buy two consoles. People are more responsible with their money than others.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Paying $280 for a console to play a couple if exclusives is a waste. Especially when you don't actively buy brand new $60 games all the time and when said exclusives are just not worth buying a new console for. No one has to buy two consoles. People are more responsible with their money than others.

But if you're like me, it isn't about just the games.

I use each and every console for gaming and other uses. hulu, netflix, movies, music, friends, chat, facebook, etc... tons of things. So being able to do what I want, when I want because I have the two consoles, each with their unique abilities, is worth the investment. Not being irresponsible, just making sure i have what I want.
    LMAO

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nothing fiscally irresponsible about owning two consoles as long as you pay all your bills, rent, etc. and owning two consoles isnt affecting your ability to pay those bills in full and on time. If you can afford it and thats what you enjoy then why not?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Me too.. i see no reason AT ALL, no logical or insane reason to limit myself to one console experience..
    It's called a wife, and I'm not going to say its logical.

Super Elite
    Hulu, Netflix, etc, are available on both HD consoles. Anyways, if you have the money for the leisure than that's great for you. But for others, an extra console outside of their reasonable budget for such.

Thread Information