Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    That i agree with...listening to their fans
    ]

Wow...now you're understanding what we're trying to say...

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I haven't played Resistance 3 yet, but I have played the first two..so, without being an a-hole and spoiling it for me, does Resistance 3 end the series or is there some cliffhanger ending like in $#@!ty slasher horror movies?
    No, it ends with finality. But, you know they can always find a way to resurrect a series if they really want. In this case it wouldn't be too difficult. But the ending was pretty solid IMO. I enjoyed all of them, especially since it was one of the launch titles for the PS3 and the whole parallel history thing was pretty cool for what it was.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    sainraja,

i just wanted to add a little tidbit that i came across while doing a little digging for a different thread...but...

so at what point does your logic end?...are we supposed to now say that R2 feels like Quake 3?...because i wouldn't say it does...influenced? surely, as every shooter takes influence from every shooter released before it...but taking influence from something does NOT make it feel like the other game...
    I don't know what you're arguing about anymore. Or we just look at things differently...

I don't see a difference between someone saying it feels like COD or someone saying that it's influenced....you clearly see a difference there. To me, when someone says R2 feels like COD, I takae that as saying it's influenced....

When I play R2, I know I am not playing COD. That hasn't been my point and nor am I ignorant to the fact that many things influence others....so I am not sure why you keeping bringing that up or other games into it. They have nothing to do with Resistance and Insomniac.

Let me make my point another way so hopefully you get what I am trying to say.

Insomniac released Fall of Man with old school FPS features -- health packs, weapon pick ups etc. There was nothing wrong with what they did. They could have easily improved upon that but instead they changed it. They changed their game in response to COD4. They took from COD what they thought players were asking for, what players wanted.....that does not mean they made another COD so I really don't know why you keep going there...
    Last edited by sainraja; 01-28-2012 at 18:55.

Its a great series.

5. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Respect to Insomniac for saving the PS3's ass on launch, but for the rest of this generation, they've felt rather half-assed altogether.

Nothing they've done this generation has been outright impressive in any regard.

During the PS1 days I would say they were better than Naughty Dog, Spyro was a more lofty platformer than Crash. PS2 days, I'd say they and Naughty Dog were peers. Jak and Ratchet complimented each other well. But this gen, they've been in Naughty Dog's shadow the entire time.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Respect to Insomniac for saving the PS3's ass on launch, but for the rest of this generation, they've felt rather half-assed altogether.

Nothing they've done this generation has been outright impressive in any regard.

During the PS1 days I would say they were better than Naughty Dog, Spyro was a more lofty platformer than Crash. PS2 days, I'd say they and Naughty Dog were peers. Jak and Ratchet complimented each other well. But this gen, they've been in Naughty Dog's shadow the entire time.
    i feel exactly the same!!! Spyro was always better than crash and Ratchet in my opinion was barely better than jak but that's a good thing, they were both good games but Insom had a slight edge. But this generation was just bad for Insomniac, RFOM was good and tools of destruction but then for some reason the ratchet games lost their mojo, and Resistance completely changed while ND just shot up to the sky and overpassed them.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    doesnt bother me at all personally. I definately did not like resistance 1, It seemed nothing more than your typical cookie cutter FPS. I didnt hate it, but i picked it up, played it for about an hour, put it down, and never picked it back up again. I just didnt really enjoy the time i spent in it, and never went back ot the series. Inless the game comes out with an astounding 10/10 game of the year frontrunner type installment, i dont think ill be playing another resistance title.

Tacos Rule!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I personally love the resistance universe. The story is so full of mystery which I dedicated my time in wanting to understand everything. Each installment answered some questions but bombarded me with many more which was great because that made the series that much more interesting. Resistance 3 is definitely a great game but the ending was just terrible and Insomniac's announcement just made things worse because they didn't answer everything - The clovens, Pure Chimera and the third race. For the three years they had to develop it, that is no excuse to end the game like that.

Hopefully Nihilistic will do a good job in answering those questions.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like the Resistance series. I had some issues with R2 but those were addressed in R3.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I personally think Insomniac should stick with what they do best, single player games. RFOM was good and all, but they changed the MP part so much that I just didn't care for it anymore. MP is not their strong point in game development that is for damn sure.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I personally think Insomniac should stick with what they do best, single player games. RFOM was good and all, but they changed the MP part so much that I just didn't care for it anymore. MP is not their strong point in game development that is for damn sure.
    Their MP development is fine...unfortunately for Insomniac their biggest weakness is that they listen too much to their fans and try to "fix" their games to make their fans happy...

R:FoM had a really awesome MP experience...but fans screamed for a lot of features that other games had so IG tried to implement them in R2...and then everyone screamed that it lost what made the first title great...

Many people don't realize some of the things that R:FoM had when it released...

- 40(!!) Player multi player, and maps large enough to really support it

- A really quite good clan system

- the first (i believe) game to implement in-game xmb access (yup, it was there way back at launch before Sony implemented it system wide)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

13. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Their MP development is fine...unfortunately for Insomniac their biggest weakness is that they listen too much to their fans and try to "fix" their games to make their fans happy...

R:FoM had a really awesome MP experience...but fans screamed for a lot of features that other games had so IG tried to implement them in R2...and then everyone screamed that it lost what made the first title great...

- the first (i believe) game to implement in-game xmb access (yup, it was there way back at launch before Sony implemented it system wide)

I find myself agreeing with this. While I think it is important to "listen" to your fans, it's NOT important to implement everything they want. I would prefer to play a game the way the developer envisioned the game. I don't want to play a game envisioned by 1 million fans wanting 1 million different things in a game to be different than the way it was created. I suppose their thought process is, EVERYONE will buy it because it has EVERY feature. Well, some features can $#@! up a game if that isn't the game direction the developer intended.

Either way, I give Kudos to Insomniac for listening and bringing a great shooter to the gamers.

Overstrike..if they have their own vision for the game and implement it, I have no doubt it will be successful, at least with us core gamers.

15. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style

They did it for the "money", plain and simple.

Want a clan invite?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    aw man bummer..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information