Soldier 95B

Tomb Raider reboot in Alpha stage, late 2012 release seems likely

God I can't wait for this game. I love the TR series. I can't wait to eye hump the new Lara.

For those who may not have heard, the Tomb Raider franchise is going for a reboot and its reincarnation is expected to arrive later in 2012. Eager fans looking forward to seeing what the reboot will be bringing to the franchise will be pleased to hear that it appears that everything seems to be going according to schedule, at least that?s what Crystal Dynamics?senior producer, Kyle Peschel and art director Brian Horto is leading us to believe.According to both of them during the latest podcast of Crystal Habit, they revealed that the Tomb Raider game was currently in its Alpha stage, which means that it is playable to a certain extent but still extremely rough around the edges. They also stated that they expected the game to remain in Alpha stage for at least another two months before moving it into the Beta phase, where it will also remain for at least an additional two months.
    What this means is that optimistically it is possible to see a release of the rebooted Tomb Raider game by the middle of the year. Will they be able to meet that deadline? To be honest I?d rather see a delayed, but polished game, rather than a rushed out one that is filled with bugs and glitches and completely kills the experience. So, who else is looking forward to the rebooted Tomb Raider?

2. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Day 1 buy.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Day 1 buy.
    Yup same here. Glad to see more details on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information