Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    IMO this is totally worth it. Just the memory card and the PSN game are totally making up for it. Plus, you get to see what the whole 3G is about.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Guru
    But who will pay 330$ to get the regular WiFi and not 300$ to get the 3g/GPS version with the 3g 30 days bonus too.Its just doesn't seem a logical thing to do...
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

3. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    well, i think im cancelling my best buy pre order. This is actually a great bundle. So ill get a Wifi/3G model, free 8gb card, and a free game. Thats a deal.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    IMO this is totally worth it. Just the memory card and the PSN game are totally making up for it. Plus, you get to see what the whole 3G is about.
    Yeah I thought so too. I hope they do something similar here

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The Vita is actually $50 cheaper than I anticipated when it was first introduced. I expected $300 for the cheapest model.

It in fact is the exact same price as the PSP debuted at, back in 2005.
    It doesn't matter. There's still a competing system that's going for $170. It's a direct comparison in the eyes of the common consumer. I get that there's more value, but as I said that doesn't do anything to help the entry level price.

Quote Originally Posted by syciprider View Post
    People clamored for a pack in memory card. Now the (US) buyer gets an 8 gigger, a game and a bit of free data time. All for the same price as the bare unit. So your $300 now gets you a Vita you can play as soon as you buy a game, compared to the pre bundle cost of $330 to get the system game ready.

Of course if you wanted a price drop, well, Sony has a history of being hardheaded about that.
    There's no need to try and justify the *value* to me. A lot don't care about 3G, the only purpose to it currently is social media. Can't play games over it, can't download anything greater than a hacked down mini either. All you could do is web browse, message, and sync trophies. Anyone who can afford a $300 hand held will already have a phone that can accomplish 2/3 of that.

This bundle addresses consumer outcry that enough isn't being given to justify the price. What it is not doing is answering consumer concerns that the entry price is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    You saying that 35$ doesn't worth to get the GPS version?Also isn't this deal includes a 8gb card too? What more you guys need from SONY,to give it to you for free and pay you too?lol
    I respectable entry level price when the competition is getting not only more games, but better games, and costs almost $100 less.

7. Likes floetry likes this post
    Apprentice
    Smart move by Sony - people shying away from the 3g, so give them basically the 3g model for the same cost - likely going to just get the 3g now, why not?

I agree it doesn't address the barrier to entry, but, what it does is give a few more features to the early adopter/those on the fence.

Forum Guru
    And how much is the 8gb card that you getting for free, isnt it around 39$ by itself??Buying anything lower than 8gb you will end up to spend more money later to get a new card for sure.With this deal i actually don't understand who will spend money for the regular wifi.With what they offering to the lucky Us guys,even if you aren't interested about the 30 days 3G that is free and the free game.You just paying 30$ less to get the better version or 20$ more depend how you see it lol.I really don't see how this not worth it.I wish we had this deal here too.For similar things i need to pay 400 euro!!Give europe this deal and lets see how much the wifi will sell lol

PSV 3G=$300
    UGA:50
    PSV 8GB Card:30
    ATT:15
    Total:395

PSV wifi:250
    PSV 8GB Card:30
    UGA:50

total 330

There now its alot better since you forgotten to add the 8b card you will get for free too.It kinda seems like its worth it now
    you dont need to factor in the 8gb card in the 3g bundle because its free lol.

but i see what you're saying.

I was going to get a 32gb out the gate, but i can cancel now, stick to cartridges and update to 32gb when the price drops.

I needed 370 before launch, now, i need 400 plus

(those warranties are not cheap)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Master Guru
    I'm getting the 16gb that will last for a while,until 32gb drops to 16gb prices.But if we had this deal...i wouldn't mind to get the 8gb too since it will be free,download uncharted on it (not now that i will pay 49e for it..) and wait for 32gb.All that with 300..You guys are very lucky and you should be all over this deal cause its an amazing one,since it gives a game that we all need,and a card we all going to buy.Aside from 3G?GPS that comes as a bonus.
    Last edited by arfi-gorgona-O; 01-28-2012 at 17:09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Forum Guru
    I'm getting the 16gb that will last for a while,until 32gb drops to 16gb prices.But if we had this deal...i wouldn't mind to get the 8gb too since it will be free,download uncharted on it (not now that i will pay 49e for it..) and wait for 32gb.All that with 300..You guys are very lucky and you should be all over this deal cause its an amazing one,since it gives a game that we all need,and a card we all going to buy.Aside from 3G?GPS that comes as a bonus.

Do you have a smartphone? If so, you have gps probably included with your plan. I feel sorry for the people paying taxes.

This would be a great offer if weren't requirement to purchase dataplan to get the free month and free game.

With sony's Bundles, They often don't make sense. When you're spending more to save more, you're still spending More! LOL.

Only an illusion of savings.

$55, Yes true! But that's 65(50 for 3g, 15 for data plan), I never played on spending to begin with!

Still, I'm on the fence. I don't want to cancel my wifi yet since I'm getting it for 248(preordered in june). As launch comes closer, I'll make a judgement call.
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Yup, Sony did step their game up with this bundle. I really hope the Vita has a good western launch.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    Do you have a smartphone? If so, you have gps probably included with your plan. I feel sorry for the people paying taxes.

This would be a great offer if weren't requirement to purchase dataplan to get the free month and free game.

With sony's Bundles, They often don't make sense. When you're spending more to save more, you're still spending More! LOL.

Only an illusion of savings.

$55, Yes true! But that's 65(50 for 3g, 15 for data plan), I never played on spending to begin with!

Still, I'm on the fence. I don't want to cancel my wifi yet since I'm getting it for 248(preordered in june). As launch comes closer, I'll make a judgement call.
    Well the ones that didn't wanted to spend you get them for free + the better model,so i don't see any problem with it.You can cancel the plan before it renews and you are good.And for the same amount you will have the better model.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    It doesn't matter. There's still a competing system that's going for $170. It's a direct comparison in the eyes of the common consumer. I get that there's more value, but as I said that doesn't do anything to help the entry level price.

There's no need to try and justify the *value* to me. A lot don't care about 3G, the only purpose to it currently is social media. Can't play games over it, can't download anything greater than a hacked down mini either. All you could do is web browse, message, and sync trophies. Anyone who can afford a $300 hand held will already have a phone that can accomplish 2/3 of that.

This bundle addresses consumer outcry that enough isn't being given to justify the price. What it is not doing is answering consumer concerns that the entry price is too high.

I respectable entry level price when the competition is getting not only more games, but better games, and costs almost $100 less.
    You can't have the world with a fence around it.
    DRULYB

Forum Guru
    Well the ones that didn't wanted to spend you get them for free + the better model,so i don't see any problem with it.You .
    you'renot.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I say sell me at a double price and tomorow and il gladly pay it for this beauty.

Thank you itachi

Ultimate Veteran
    i still would not upgrade to 3G who wnats to waste there money paying data plans in the long run it will cost more money

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    i still would not upgrade to 3G who wnats to waste there money paying data plans in the long run it will cost more money
    You don't have to pay a montly fee since it's a prepaid fee only. The data plan is not contract based, so this is one hell of a deal.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    You don't have to pay a montly fee since it's a prepaid fee only. The data plan is not contract based, so this is one hell of a deal.
    Yeah, thats main reason i dont mind it, il buy it during some months and not always

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    Might be a good deal, but you're still stuck with the 3G contract.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    There is no contract. To get the free game I believe you need to buy at least one month of the 3G service($15 for the lowest-tier), but you are not stuck with a contract or anything. You can start and stop the service as you wish(by the month).

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Your not stuck with it , pay for one month, get free month and cancel

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yep, no contracts... month to month.

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    I think I'll be getting this actually, it sounds like the best deal to me. I probably won't use the 3G all the time, so I'm glad there isn't contracts. However, it still will be nice to have if I want to activate it for like a road trip or something.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    They might go and cancel the 3G versions quickly and our 3G Vitas might be worth more down the road.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    They might go and cancel the 3G versions quickly and our 3G Vitas might be worth more down the road.
    .... or become utterly useless.

Forum Guru
    3G is going to flop like PSP go
    but still, with the deal if you were looking forward to getting that, well now you can at a better deal with the 8gb

Thread Information