Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Soldier 95B
    Pretty common based on my personal experience, family experiences, friend experiences, and lots and lot of web research and forum contributions over the past countless years. That is what my comment is based on.

Maybe YOU don't know. But others do know

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Pretty common based on my personal experience, family experiences, friend experiences, and lots and lot of web research and forum contributions over the past countless years. That is what my comment is based on.Maybe YOU don't know. But others do know
    Sounds like anecdotal evidence to me so you dont know either. How about a link to this "web research" with something more solid than I heard it on some forums or it happened in my family?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-31-2012 at 01:54.

Soldier 95B
    Okie dokie Rad.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Okie dokie Rad.
    Yeah, thats what I thought.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Be nice, guys.

I think we can all agree that some casual gamers do get shifted to core games through the means of the Kinect. I also think we can agree that this is true and more common than most of us tend to realize. These things serve as channels into the gaming world, and therefore, casual gamers start paying more attention to gaming in general, and decide to play their hand at a core title. From there, gamers are born. Honestly, I think this is true of just about every young gamer; or at least it used to be. Most people start out not caring much about gaming; they get sucked in, after dabbling around for a bit.

So yeah, it does happen. I'd say it happens to less than 50% of casual gamers, but it definitely happens. Anyone who claims to know exactly how many people "convert" () to core gaming is a liar.

<3
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Pretty common? Based on what? Your anecdotal evidence? I'm sure it happens but saying its pretty common is pure speculation. We dont really know either way. @Substance- It looks that way? Again based on your anecdotal evidence? I'm not saying that I know it isnt common either btw.

Its always happened, sure it hasnt always been motion controls, but in my day it was space invaders and Pac man.
    Many a PS3 fan on here grew up with Jak and Dex and Ratchett and Clank.
    Thats not to say they actually would play these games now though, many of them have moved on to other things.

Gentler, more accessible games have always introduced people to gaming.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    So yeah, it does happen. I'd say it happens to less than 50% of casual gamers, but it definitely happens. Anyone who claims to know exactly how many people "convert" () to core gaming is a liar.
    Yep, I agree.
    Last edited by Steve; 01-31-2012 at 03:57.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    This is pretty captian obvious the same thing goes for the PS Move both of these gimmicks are aimed hard at the casual wii gamer. I didn't fall for the gimmick for both consoles I knew they wouldn't even try to push the limit for hardcore gamers out there so it was a waste of money in my opinion.

9. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information