• Hate it

7 17.07%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTEDSTRANGER View Post
    well it is a love it or hate it kinda game
    Mark me down in the "hate it" category...back to FIFA, MW3, and Forza4 it is...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Soldier 95B
    I wish I could get into soccer. So much praise for FIFA games

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    2nd best sports game IMO...MLB:The Show is better though

PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    This game is $#@!ing sweet! The controls are so tight and responsive, I love it. The gameplay and framerate is super smooth too.. I'm impressed! The bots are $#@!ing hard though. Can't wait till the server situation is sorted

Soldier 95B
    I was getting frame drops when demolishing the smaller buildings by driving through them while launching a missile or be followed by a car flaming my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    Oh dear, general consensus so far seems to be Twisted 'Meh'Tal.

Think I'll wait for full game comments before totally writing it off, though.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    2nd best sports game IMO...MLB:The Show is better though

My all time favorite sports title is NCAA football titles, the latest is my fave. Best sports game and underrated. I love Tiger Woods 12 Masters next, then the Show as my number 3.

Ok back to Twisted Meh'tal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    This game is pretty awesome so far. Only played against the bots since the servers suck. It seems so chaotic but i know exactly what's going on. All the controls are responsive but I'm not crazy about the control layout. All in all just plain fun. As another poster said tho, its not quite like the old school ones but not really sure why

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Downloading right now. A bit nervous about these early impressions that I've read, but guess I'll have to wait til it downloads so I can try it. Hopefully it lives up to expectations for me. Question: I know that it's supposed to come with a voucher for TM: Black. Is that releasing on PSN the same day?

very good that there making ai improvments. the difficulty is good i like it but they need to make the ai smarter. bin playin around in Challenge mode and they dont pick up medkits and its very easy to trap them hehe. cant wait to try nuke and the helicopter is just not fair it can screw some stuff up.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    this game/demo is crap... i cant believe how much people have been hyped about it. Its a braindead button masher with no polish (yeah its a demo but its not going to look much better in final release)Its A pick up and play for 5 or 10 minutes before getting bored kinda game. Jaffe severely disappoints this gen in gaming... hes done jack $#@!. seriously... calling all cars and this?... this game is going to feel like an oversized playstation network title (since it was originally planned as one) with an SP campaign tacked on

In all honesty this is a 10-15$ PSN title at BEST... but at full price retail, (or full price PSN download) thats absolutely retarded
    Unfortunately this is exactly what I was expecting. I have a feeling we're going to see this game drop to the $20 mark if not less before summer.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was expecting an overwhelming response of love for this considering the hype surrounding this game. Will definitely have to try this out to see what I think from the mixed emotions I'm seeing. Although I wasn't very hyped for this to begin with.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Guru
    Twisted Metal is going to be awesome. Just another must have PS3 title.

14. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    LOL Haters gonna hate! Twisted Metal is AWESOME!! Soooo badass. Anyone who was into the original Twisted Metal is probably gonna love this. This is a niche game, like Demon's Souls, it's not for everyone, but the demo is $#@!ing great!

I was INSTANTLY taken back to the PS era, it felt very nostalgic, then looks great and plays great to boot. A shining gem in Sonys catalog, for those with eyes to see it.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-01-2012 at 06:59.

16. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Nitey likes this post
    Superior Member
    I'm having a blast... the controls aren't too difficult and there's even a tutorial. As for the graphics, IDC. Target lock-on is cool and all the vehicles are enjoyable in their own respects IMO.

I'm sure once everyone is introduced to the campaigns and the 30+ (supposedly) MP maps, the consensus will be different.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    LOL Haters gonna hate! Twisted Metal is AWESOME!! Soooo badass. Anyone who was into the original Twisted Metal is probably gonna love this. This is a niche game, like Demon's Souls, it's not for everyone, but the demo is $#@!ing great!I was INSTANTLY taken back to the PS era, it felt very nostalgic, then looks great and plays great to boot. A shining gem in Sonys catalog, for those with eyes to see it.
    I totally agree with you. Well said. +rep

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    this game/demo is crap... i cant believe how much people have been hyped about it. Its a braindead button masher with no polish (yeah its a demo but its not going to look much better in final release)Its A pick up and play for 5 or 10 minutes before getting bored kinda game. Jaffe severely disappoints this gen in gaming... hes done jack $#@!. seriously... calling all cars and this?... this game is going to feel like an oversized playstation network title (since it was originally planned as one) with an SP campaign tacked on

In all honesty this is a 10-15$ PSN title at BEST... but at full price retail, (or full price PSN download) thats absolutely retarded
    did you play the old ones?

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

LOL button masher? No wonder you don't like it, you're doing it wrong. This game is a big nod to old school fans, which I'*m guessing you are not, as the original TM games you would have found just as "button mashingly crap".

Superior Member
    Having been an avid fan of the originals I've been eagerly anticipating this game's release. When I saw a few of the first reviews in here I became very worried but I held on to a little faith and downloaded the demo. Now that I've played it I have to say THIS GAME IS WORTH EVERY OUNCE OF ANTICIPATION I'VE BEEN FEELING!!

Lightening fast and completely psychotic action that looks clean and spectacular and very tight and responsive play control! Even just going through the training I was laughing out loud and getting into it! The soundtrack is brilliantly fit to the game's style and keeps a grin on my face the whole time I'm playing. There's definitely a learning curve just like there was with the old ones but once you begin to think and react up to speed with the game you'll do fine.

I didn't get a chance to play the multiplayer at all so I can't respond to the concerns about that but the single player was a carnival of carnage. I still lament that they moved away from the story lines of the individual drivers fighting the twisted metal contest to make a deal with Calypso but the action is so good I'll get over it.

Great fun!

22. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Elite Sage
    What the $#@!?! It's out?! I totally didnt even know about a demo. Holy $#@!. I'm so downloading this now.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    Having been an avid fan of the originals I've been eagerly anticipating this game's release. When I saw a few of the first reviews in here I became very worried but I held on to a little faith and downloaded the demo. Now that I've played it I have to say THIS GAME IS WORTH EVERY OUNCE OF ANTICIPATION I'VE BEEN FEELING!!

Lightening fast and completely psychotic action that looks clean and spectacular and very tight and responsive play control! Even just going through the training I was laughing out loud and getting into it! The soundtrack is brilliantly fit to the game's style and keeps a grin on my face the whole time I'm playing. There's definitely a learning curve just like there was with the old ones but once you begin to think and react up to speed with the game you'll do fine.

I didn't get a chance to play the multiplayer at all so I can't respond to the concerns about that but the single player was a carnival of carnage. I still lament that they moved away from the story lines of the individual drivers fighting the twisted metal contest to make a deal with Calypso but the action is so good I'll get over it.

Great fun!
    I agree with this. Also, Jaffe said that in the old games, you never really got any character development or story telling, just a bit at the start and then the end cinematic. He decided to focus on 3 characters to be able to tell a better story for them. I'm just glad the variety of cars is there. TOP game in the works.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Now this has got to tbe slowest installing demo ever, wasnt Kingdoms bigger? lol

It took like 10 mins to go fro 55% to 56% installed

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Fifa 96 = best sports game ever

Back to topic... ill wait for the full game, demos quite often are misleading.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 02-01-2012 at 08:42.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Wow, one hour with the demo and people are ready to run back to Modern Warfare 3? Too much of this forum doesn't seem to enjoy the act of gaming unless it's a AAA sequel for my tastes. As a fan of Twisted Metal Black I'm excited by the demo. It's big, chaotic and full of destruction (just like TMB). It's hard and the bots tend to gang up on you (just like TMB). The graphics aren't the greatest, but the number of projectiles slamming into your vehicle simultaneously helps make up for it (just like TMB). This is not a bad demo or a bad game, from what I've experienced so far. Yes, some people will always dislike any given game, but I just see a suspicious amount of 'cool' negative $#@!ing about less-trendy games instead of reasoned complaints recently.

Shut up and play games

28. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i so forgot this was coming yesterday, will test it out later, dont have high hopes though

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information