• Like it

34 82.93%
  • Hate it

7 17.07%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Wow, one hour with the demo and people are ready to run back to Modern Warfare 3? Too much of this forum doesn't seem to enjoy the act of gaming unless it's a AAA sequel for my tastes. As a fan of Twisted Metal Black I'm excited by the demo. It's big, chaotic and full of destruction (just like TMB). It's hard and the bots tend to gang up on you (just like TMB). The graphics aren't the greatest, but the number of projectiles slamming into your vehicle simultaneously helps make up for it (just like TMB). This is not a bad demo or a bad game, from what I've experienced so far. Yes, some people will always dislike any given game, but I just see a suspicious amount of 'cool' negative $#@!ing about less-trendy games instead of reasoned complaints recently.
    Or maybe most just dont like car combat games anymore. Just booted up the game now so no idea how it is, but the last TM game I enjoyed was 3. I honestly hated Black, disliked 4, small brawl was crap. So my expectations are I will hate this one too.

EDIT: Played it, just like Black I am not a fan of it. TM2 & 3 are still my favourite.
    Last edited by Fenix; 02-01-2012 at 08:49.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Poster
    I love the game but it's Hard

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    After all this feedbacks the game seems to be a cluster$#@!. Will spare my time and wont download the demo.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    After all this feedbacks the game seems to be a cluster$#@!. Will spare my time and wont download the demo.
    LOL Great mentality there. "Ha! Some people say they don't like the game, so $#@! that! I'm not playing this piece of $#@!". Just as many people have said they like or love it, myself included, but feel free to follow the flock and miss out on a potentially enjoyable game for you.

5. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    LOL Great mentality there. "Ha! Some people say they don't like the game, so $#@! that! I'm not playing this piece of $#@!". Just as many people have said they like or love it, myself included, but feel free to follow the flock and miss out on a potentially enjoyable game for you.
    Yep exactly. Alot of forum going gamers across the internet this gen just dont seem to want to think for themselves. And they act like the only valid opinions are the negative ones even when there is an equal amount of positive opinions. So quick to write something off without even trying it. Go figure.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-01-2012 at 12:24.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep exactly. Alot of forum going gamers across the internet this gen just dont seem to want to think for themselves. And they act like the only valid opinions are the negative ones even when there is an equal amount of positive opinions. So quick to write something off without even trying it. Go figure.
    Exactly. It's an unfortunate thought to think about how many gamers rely soley upon the OPINION of others in reviews in order to determin their own conclusion on a game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

It's a demo. It is meant for you to play it and develop an opinion. Then you come to this thread and share that opinion.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Damn, this game is $#@!ing nuts. Surprised so many people on this forum aren't digging it. Can't get over how silky smooth it is and how well it runs, expect it to be even better in final build

Go read the GAF thread or something. Tons of love for the TM demo there. They'll help you form an opinion

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    LOL Haters gonna hate! Twisted Metal is AWESOME!! Soooo badass. Anyone who was into the original Twisted Metal is probably gonna love this. This is a niche game, like Demon's Souls, it's not for everyone, but the demo is $#@!ing great!

I was INSTANTLY taken back to the PS era, it felt very nostalgic, then looks great and plays great to boot. A shining gem in Sonys catalog, for those with eyes to see it.
    same, this game rocks. It's a bummer that the servers are f'd up on the demo release but I can manage with the single player, I am pretty sure they will fix the problem since it's only server side obviously. But so far even on the single player I am having a blast so I am getting in a lot of practice till the servers work. The gameplay is solid and it's a fun game. As for the people saying it's a PSN game, why? why would it be a PSN game, could it be because it started out as a PSN game but they added more stuff to it. Some people need to get their brain checked to understand that a demo is going to be A LOT smaller to the final game. In no way are they going to add everything into the demo for pete sakes.

Besides that, I was playing single player, I finally beat every vehicle after a good while of playing it, it's hard. i haven't played a TM game for so long that on 6 tries I was getting stomped on really bad, but after that everything started kicking into gear. getting the health packs are very important.

This game reminds me more of TM2 compared to any other TM.

From what I did get to play on the multiplayer part of the game, I was only able to play 2 full matches and the MP part is really fun.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 02-01-2012 at 14:57.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Demo rocks, I loved it. Once I figured out the controls and then changed to a racing setup the car just drives so smoothly. I love the chaotically things going on around you at all times, either being shot at by an enemy or driving through the movie theater. The AI bots are very hard and don't like you at all. It was a good way to kinda get re-acquainted with car combat. I loved the demo and can't wait for my pre-order to get here. I hope they fix the MP, cause i would love to try it out. This confirms day one purchase. thanks to David Jaffe and the hard working crew at Eat Sleep Play.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    If i had the same mentality i would have missed out on some amazing games.

Download seem very slow, really wanna play it!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Guys, this is a BETA..not a demo. It even says on the store when you download it !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Unfortunately this is exactly what I was expecting. I have a feeling we're going to see this game drop to the $20 mark if not less before summer.
    I am sure it will hit platinum status pretty fast.

I was INSTANTLY taken back to the PS era, it felt very nostalgic, then looks great and plays great to boot. A shining gem in Sonys catalog, for those with eyes to see it.
    I was taken back too. I had to peer in my media room to see if I had an old PS2 running in there.

LOL button masher? No wonder you don't like it, you're doing it wrong.
    Well to be fair, the game literally tells you to pound the buttons

Won't hurt to try it though. Just let it download in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Go read the GAF thread or something. Tons of love for the TM demo there. They'll help you form an opinion
    I keep telling myself to leave Gaf after 10 years, but morbid curiosity keeps me posting there. But that place is mostly goons. This place is much better.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Why brush off the game when there is a free demo so you can get your own opinion. makes no sense

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    I'll download it and give it a blast when I get home.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I was taken back too. I had to peer in my media room to see if I had an old PS2 running in there.
    well, now you're just talkin $#@!. lol

18. Likes Nitey , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    Why brush off the game when there is a free demo so you can get your own opinion. makes no sense
    My thoughts exactly! I could understand relying on the opinions of others if there was no free way to get a sample, but when the trying is free I say just download that puppy and give it a whirl. You never know how you might take to the game unless you get some hands on time yourself.

Once I got thr controls down I loved it! Now I can't wait for the full release.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Guys, this is a BETA..not a demo. It even says on the store when you download it !!
    Says Demo on the US store which is what most people here were playing last night when it went live.

Downloading the UK version now but doubt it'll fix matchmaking issues.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    well, now you're just talkin $#@!. lol
    I was serious...though I didn't really look in there!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Says Demo on the US store which is what most people here were playing last night when it went live.

Downloading the UK version now but doubt it'll fix matchmaking issues.
    Maybe the servers are overloaded by users?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I keep telling myself to leave Gaf after 10 years, but morbid curiosity keeps me posting there. But that place is mostly goons. This place is much better.
    That's very interesting, thanks for your thoughts

But anyway, he needs others to form an opinion, and there's plenty more posters (opinions) on GAF. Should definitely help him make a decision

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    No luck getting into any games on UK version, worst servers since LittleBigPlanet 1.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I was serious...

Seriously over exaggerating. The game is no Uncharted but it's not nearly as bad as you're making out.

I wonder what kind of reception this game would get if it was multi platform.

25. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I am guessing they will have it sorted out by the weekend. I am still going to give them a try tonight.

Seriously over exaggerating. The game is no Uncharted but it's not nearly as bad as you're making out.

It is..for me at least. I have NOT been able to connect online though, so I haven't tried that. I will try it again tonight. Though I can't imagine it much different than the bot mode we have now.

PS3 exclusive, Xbox 360 exclusive or multiplatform...it is the same game I am afraid.

It's ok Ghost...not every PS3 will be AAA and win the hearts and minds of all of us. There are plenty more to keep us busy. A turd is a turd IMO. We will just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-01-2012 at 19:56.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)

Probably worse because the PS3 fanbase would be pissed because it went to 360 and it still had the same quality as the demo that is released now.

You gotta face facts Ghost that some people expected a LOT out of this game since it was a huge reveal at E3, but so far the crowd seems split on whether it has buying potential when the full title hits. So far, it isn't the sweeping reception I actually thought it would get.

I will d/l it later and see what's up myself.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Sony working on Twisted Metal matchmaking problems

Yesterday, the Twisted Metal demo went live on PlayStation Network, but many PS3 users are having problems accessing the game's online gameplay modes - Deathmatch and Nuke.

Though, the single-player Challenge mode works just fine, the bulk of the demo consists of online multiplayer which is currently the portion experiencing the problem.

When attempting to join an online game, be it Deathmatch or Nuke, players are receiving "Matchmaking Errors".

According to an update yesterday from game director David Jaffe, "Sony has deployed PART of the fix."

"There are 2 issues and issue #2 is still being worked on," he explained. "HOWEVER, fix #1 SHOULD be up now and allow players to get in and play games without the crashes."

"You will still experience CAN NOT CONNECT issues, but from what I understand - ou won't experience them as much and once in game, it will be more stable crash wise."

As of last night, Sony left off with the partial fix and is apparently still working on the problem. Although they claim the game should work somewhat better now online, I have not yet been able to connect at all this morning.

Last night, I was able to get in a few matches, however, and I can say it was a ton of fun. Hopefully the problems get fixed soon so everyone can enjoy the otherwise great demo.

Either way, Jaffe recommends you Tweet him with any problems you are experiencing. In the meantime, I suggest you try out the single-player Challenge mode.
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/twisted...chmaking-error

Thread Information