• Hate it

7 17.07%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Seriously over exaggerating. The game is no Uncharted but it's not nearly as bad as you're making out.
    Agreed.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Thanks Aaron. I bet we might be able to get on today still then...just need some persistence. I am cool with that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Guys, this is a BETA..not a demo. It even says on the store when you download it !!
    developers have stated its at least 85% of what the retail game will be...most of the tweaks from demo to retail will be AI related

Edit: fired it up again today to see if my opinion changed and its just not my cup of tea...was never a huge fan of the originals, and it seems as time has gone on ive become less a fan...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

It's ok Ghost...not every PS3 will be AAA and win the hearts and minds of all of us. There are plenty more to keep us busy. A turd is a turd IMO. We will just agree to disagree.
    I never said it was, in fact before in this thread (post 39) I said

Anyone who was into the original Twisted Metal is probably gonna love this. This is a niche game, like Demon's Souls, it's not for everyone.
    So please don't make out like I am some soppy Sony fanboy who is desperately hoping for Sony's efforts to sway the masses of non believers. The point im discussing with you is your remark about this looking like a PS2 game, which I thought was a little bit of an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Probably worse because the PS3 fanbase would be pissed because it went to 360 and it still had the same quality as the demo that is released now.

You gotta face facts Ghost that some people expected a LOT out of this game since it was a huge reveal at E3, but so far the crowd seems split on whether it has buying potential when the full title hits. So far, it isn't the sweeping reception I actually thought it would get.

I will d/l it later and see what's up myself.
    No, I mean if this game was multi platform, and under a different name.

Also, facts? How about that at the time of this post, 75% of the people who took the poll showed that they liked it, and as Nitey said, it has been getting big ups on GAF, as it has on Youtube.

I think what people fail to realise is that TM is a game of strategy. Driving skills, level lay out knowledge and good usage of the various weapons is what makes this game good. I think this is why the hardcore TM players from the PS1 days (well, majority from what I've seen) dig this and are getting what Jaffe has done. People who jump in at this TM can't understand this, especially by playing a demo...which hasn't even been out long.

But I always knew that TM would get a mixed reception, Jaffe was expecting it and I think just about all the old skool TM guys would have had that sake feeling. It's a niche game, like I said.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    The point im discussing with you is your remark about this looking like a PS2 game, which I thought was a little bit of an exaggeration.

PS2 game? certainly not...but its no stunner visually
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Seriously over exaggerating. The game is no Uncharted but it's not nearly as bad as you're making out.

I wonder what kind of reception this game would get if it was multi platform.
    There are others who agree they are poor.

I went to some other sites just to get an idea about if his claim was based slightly on at least a little bit of fact, or said for the LULZ.

IGN Forums:

Combat seems pretty familiar. It's Twisted Metal. Graphics are Tuuuuuurrrrrrible. I knew it wouldn't be very impressive, but this is impressive in its unimpressiveness. Definitely won't be paying full price for this, but it does seem like some mindless MP fun. I'll try again, hopefully get a match or two in before it freezes.
    It's a lot of fun, gameplay is definitely addictive and the game ran very smooth. Physics are ok, but don't seem like much of an upgrade over the PS2 game. The graphics aren't quite as bad as I initially thought... but they're still pretty bad. Everything within a 15 foot radius of the car looks pretty good, but a dull, ugly brown fog covers everything at distance. Explosions and effects are satisfying, but not very impressive.
    Graphics - Nothing epic, but good enough for this type of game. Awesome, destructible levels, layouts, explosions & mayhem though! 8/10
    I didn't expect much from the graphics ..
    Gametrailers Boards:

Just triied the demo. It's pretty bad. Controlls suck, graphics are like on the PS2, the level is boring and it's just a boring unrnjoyable game. This should have been on PS2. I don't see how they are taking advantage of the PS3's power. Huge dissapointment. Square is gas....... Come on!
    I'll stick with the graphics being bad for a PS3 exclusive. To me it looks like a last gen game.
    There are plenty of people who do think it looks bad. I don't know, haven't played, can't comment on it. But don't be so quick to slam the guy if he thinks it looks last gen. To be fair, some PS2 games at the end of its tenure look pretty damn good.
    LMAO

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I honestly think the best part of this demo was the main menu. That is a real $#@!in looking menu lol. Then the cluster$#@! game play set in. It also feels like everyone is only after me. Get the hell off me!!!!!!!

Soldier 95B
    Anyone who was into the original Twisted Metal is probably gonna love this. This is a niche game, like Demon's Souls, it's not for everyone.
    Well, I have played my fair share of Twisted Metal back in the day (remember, I came from the Pong era....I am an OLD gamer!) I just, IMO, found the graphics, game play to be uninspiring, and pretty lackluster. I supposed instead of referencing the look and feel to a PS2 game, I could have said that IMO, it is light years behind the PS3 standards. No intent of stepping on any toes, that is for sure. It's not like I said it was an Atari 2600 era game

The subject of this is "demo thoughts". We are just posting our thoughts of the demo.

9. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Played the demo.

Broken matchmaking, can't play online. Left trying a mediocre single player. Some nice touches but not enough to keep me there more than 20 minutes.

Sub ?10 for a gamble on full release if I ever purchase. Which is highly doubtful.

Demo not working properly is not doing the game any favours. As a newcomer to the franchise, I'm not going to wait for a fix. Moving on...

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Also, facts? How about that at the time of this post, 75% of the people who took the poll showed that they liked it, and as Nitey said, it has been getting big ups on GAF, as it has on Youtube.
    No, the figure of speech was lost on you I think.

What I mean is, you gotta just realize it might not live up to the massive E3 hype train that started last year.

You are a Sony fan, no one doubts it, but I think even you went a little overboard in its defense earlier. I don't think you are a FANBOY, I think you legitimately love Sony to a fault. So much so that there isn't a Sony product out you would even whisper a bad thing about, but I think you need to learn to accept other peoples opinions even if negative.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Its basically Unreal Tournament meets car combat, if you're just now getting into either of these series chances are you won't like them.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    No, the figure of speech was lost on you I think.

What I mean is, you gotta just realize it might not live up to the massive E3 hype train that started last year.

You are a Sony fan, no one doubts it, but I think even you went a little overboard in its defense earlier. I don't think you are a FANBOY, I think you legitimately love Sony to a fault. So much so that there isn't a Sony product out you would even whisper a bad thing about, but I think you need to learn to accept other peoples opinions even if negative.
    The meaning wasn't lost on me. I was just retorting.

I guess I just perceived the E3 hype to be low key. There was no sprawling threads from what I remember.I never had any expectations that this would become a Sony blockbuster and I never really expected it would be massively received and as I mentioned before, Jaffe has spoken about this same opinion in his videos.

A little overboard for saying I thought he was exaggerating? Please stop painting me in these blind loyalist shades. I bought a Sony AV system and it was complete $#@!, it was loud and it wouldn't save my speaker config when I turned it off for more than a few hours. I returned it and got mah Denon. I champion what excites me, Move, 3D, Sony's gaming tech and their expanding line of content. I am not so pathetic as you and Soldier have implied in your messages, as if I'm a blind loyalist who thinks the sun shines outta Sony's ass and needs everyone to approve and love Sony too to justify something in my insecure mind.

Everyone's tastes are different and for this reason they appreciate what a game company offers to varying degrees. It just so happens that Sony caters to my tastes perfectly, their tech, their games and the philosophy behind their strategy all resonate with me, as they have for the last 16 years. So I come to a PS3 site where I should be able to express this with other like minded people and instead get people trying to belittle me because I champion Sony to the degree that they appease me as a customer...Nice.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    The meaning wasn't lost on me. I was just retorting.

I guess I just perceived the E3 hype to be low key. There was no sprawling threads from what I remember.I never had any expectations that this would become a Sony blockbuster and I never really expected it would be massively received and as I mentioned before, Jaffe has spoken about this same opinion in his videos.

A little overboard for saying I thought he was exaggerating? Please stop painting me in these blind loyalist shades. I bought a Sony AV system and it was complete $#@!, it was loud and it wouldn't save my speaker config when I turned it off for more than a few hours. I returned it and got mah Denon. I champion what excites me, Move, 3D, Sony's gaming tech and their expanding line of content. I am not so pathetic as you and Soldier have implied in your messages, as if I'm a blind loyalist who thinks the sun shines outta Sony's ass and needs everyone to approve and love Sony too to justify something in my insecure mind.

Everyone's tastes are different and for this reason they appreciate what a game company offers to varying degrees. It just so happens that Sony caters to my tastes perfectly, their tech, their games and the philosophy behind their strategy all resonate with me, as they have for the last 16 years. So I come to a PS3 site where I should be able to express this with other like minded people and instead get people trying to belittle me because I champion Sony to the degree that they appease me as a customer...Nice.

you need to calm down skippy.. I didn't mean to imply your likes are a bad thing, other than to say you tend to not accept anything to the contrary of your views.

By that, every time someone says they don't like a games graphics, you say "you need your eyes checked"... I can pull the Vita post if you like? I just meant it to say you go way past the realm of saying you like things... it is quite funny.

And yes I do know you like Move, Sharpshooter, etc... you mention it about every 3rd post in the Ps3 games section. Again, that is fine LOL If anyone painted the pic of being a blind loyalist, it is you. Your actions do come across that way to some people. However, your posts are usually very good and well written. You are a good member for the boards, just sometimes.. a litttttttle overboard.
    LMAO

Soldier 95B
    I returned it and got mah Denon.
    Smart man. Though my first Denon died after 2 years with a $550 repair, which I elected to not do and just bought a new Denon instead.

I should be able to express this with other like minded people
    I agree with this, but it goes both ways. You didn't like my opinion and were harsh on it saying I exaggerated.

We have to remember...and it seems many forget...we do not all have the same taste. To me, my wife is a smokin' hot babe...but others might think she is a horse. I say..oh the $#@! well, I am happy!

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Ghost-Rhayne has a tattoo of the Sony logo on his butt! Ok that is not true. Or is it?

I'm kidding. Or am I? Ok, ok. I am kidding...

Seriously though, I think this game fits the $29.99 PSN download section.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Ghost-Rhayne has a tattoo of the Sony logo on his butt! Ok that is not true. Or is it?

I'm kidding. Or am I? Ok, ok. I am kidding...

Seriously though, I think this game fits the $29.99 PSN download section.

pics or it didn't happen I say... LMAO
    LMAO

Elite Guru
    So I come to a PS3 site where I should be able to express this with other like minded people and instead get people trying to belittle me because I champion Sony to the degree that they appease me as a customer...Nice.
    When one of the first comments from you is 'haters gonna hate' is it REALLY a surprise that you get called out?

Isn't it also hypocritical to claim you're being belittled when 'haters gonna hate' is doing the exact same thing?

Or is it just passive aggressive? I forget...

Either way, it's a demo impressions thread. People's perceptions will vary.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    pics or it didn't happen I say... LMAO
    Ughhhh, I promised Ghost-Rhayne I would never ever show the pictures.....

Changed my mind! Here you go!

Last edited by Lethal; 02-01-2012 at 21:28.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Anyway, I have been playing more this evening. I was just driving around in the tutorial mode, boost drifting around corners and getting used to maneuvering smoothly in the car, doing 90 degree jump turns, going forward with turbo > 180 turn > backward with turbo smoothly lol. Even just controlling the vehicles is fun. The driving and action is so fast paced that you really dont need uncharted graphics which keeps the game running smoothly. I can't wait for the release.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Its basically Unreal Tournament meets car combat, if you're just now getting into either of these series chances are you won't like them.

thank you, this game can go jump off a cliff for me then!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    I thought it was fun but I think I am going to pass on it, at least for now anyways. I just have other things I am buying, Reckoning and then Vita later on in the month, so if I do get it then it will be in the summer when it's cheaper. I did enjoy it for the most part though. I haven't tried it online though, so I will probably give that a try later on.

Demo was awesome. The look, the feel, everything was great. There is a learning curve so I wouldn't suggest trying the bike out on your first go. Can't wait to try out the online. If you are on the fence or worried about the game at least give the demo a try. Twisted Metal is back!!! Can't wait until the 14th!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    you need to calm down skippy.. I didn't mean to imply your likes are a bad thing, other than to say you tend to not accept anything to the contrary of your views.

By that, every time someone says they don't like a games graphics, you say "you need your eyes checked"... I can pull the Vita post if you like? I just meant it to say you go way past the realm of saying you like things... it is quite funny.

And yes I do know you like Move, Sharpshooter, etc... you mention it about every 3rd post in the Ps3 games section. Again, that is fine LOL If anyone painted the pic of being a blind loyalist, it is you. Your actions do come across that way to some people. However, your posts are usually very good and well written. You are a good member for the boards, just sometimes.. a litttttttle overboard.
    I guess I need to put the disclaimer back in my sig that stated my foundational attitude about gaming, I'm sure Soldier still remembers (maybe..?). Ok, granted I can be a bit undiplomatic about it (see eye check remark, and on that note, is "calm down skippy" and a big LOL any different in intent?), but that doesn't mean I am not open to or accept other peoples views. It's funny how peoples actions can paint them in a inaccurate light, it happens to staff and members alike. Anyway, let's not bother derailing this thread any further.

So I played more tonight, playing around with the cars mechanics, turbo corner drifts, 90 degree jump turns, forward turbo > 180 turn > reverse turbo lol. The driving feels great and is very responsive. I am very much looking forward to February's titles.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-01-2012 at 21:51.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    what really did everyone expect? a big shiny game with a deep story, and character development? it is $#@!ing twisted metal. do some research before you jump in and expect something that the series has never been

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

26. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Pretty much! It won't really win over many gamers who weren't interested in it back in the day, sadly. I think Jaffe knows this too, but you can tell they've tried to streamline it a tiny bit whilst keeping in place what makes TM so $#@!ing awesome

Quote Originally Posted by THE_Tanglefoot View Post
    Demo was awesome. The look, the feel, everything was great. There is a learning curve so I wouldn't suggest trying the bike out on your first go. Can't wait to try out the online. If you are on the fence or worried about the game at least give the demo a try. Twisted Metal is back!!! Can't wait until the 14th!
    Definitely. I'm assuming that is what puts a lot of people off. On it's surface it may seem like a pick up and play button masher, but it's much more intricate and strategic than that.. which I love!

So I played more tonight, playing around with the cars mechanics, turbo corner drifts, 90 degree jump turns, forward turbo > 180 turn > reverse turbo lol. The driving feels great and is very responsive.
    It's beyond awesome, isn't it This is like a kickback to a proper game. High learning curve, deep mechanics, and a ton of diversity. PSN game my ass xD

I said it a few weeks ago in another thread, the game just has that classic and oldschool vibe to it. While that may not be great for business, it's good to see Jaffe be stubborn in his ideas of what this series is all about. From my experience with this demo he has certainly delivered

Another great title, only available on the PS3. The diversity of the system is unmatchable and uncatchable, at this point

Thread Information