• Hate it

7 17.07%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Pretty much! It won't really win over many gamers who weren't interested in it back in the day, sadly. I think Jaffe knows this too, but you can tell they've tried to streamline it a tiny bit whilst keeping in place what makes TM so $#@!ing awesomeDefinitely. I'm assuming that is what puts a lot of people off. On it's surface it may seem like a pick up and play button masher, but it's much more intricate and strategic than that.. which I love!It's beyond awesome, isn't it This is like a kickback to a proper game. High learning curve, deep mechanics, and a ton of diversity. PSN game my ass xDI said it a few weeks ago in another thread, the game just has that classic and oldschool vibe to it. While that may not be great for business, it's good to see Jaffe be stubborn in his ideas of what this series is all about. From my experience with this demo he has certainly deliveredAnother great title, only available on the PS3. The diversity of the system is unmatchable and uncatchable, at this point
    +rep

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    lol I went straight in using the bike, need to get used to it.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm not a fan of the sixaxis flick you have to do for the extra boost though

Master Poster
    Haters gonna hate

Apprentice
    Day one for me ! This game will last a very long time.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I'm not a fan of the sixaxis flick you have to do for the extra boost though
    Yeah I find that kinda support really cheesy. Using sixaxis to fly a plane or something like that is cool, or like in flower, but this flicking $#@! is just annoying imho.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Those who found the AI too hard and give up on the game, are just giving up too early. The controls are pretty hard to learn, but a couple of good plays and you'll be used to them and in no time you'll be thinking the AI is way to easy. Unless your using the vehicles with barely any armor and then its pretty tough.

The graphics, are good - better then CoD which isn't hard to beat. But for those who think this TM looks like it should be on PS2 then I say you should go back and look at Twisted Metal Black.

Once you're used to the controls you'll be boosting around the city going up alleyways, into buildings onto the rooftops and having an epic blast. But those who just give up trying to learn the controls and think the AI is too hard are missing out as its pretty easy once you know the controls and it becomes a really great game.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Apprentice
    This demo is GREAT. Those who dislike like it obviously weren't fans or have no clue about the old Twisted Metals. Gameplay is smooth. My only gripe is that they better allow custom button mapping in the final game. L2 should be special weapon (ala every old TM) and R2 should be machine gun; not the other way around u_u

9. Likes Ghost , JVH likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    So far i actually am enjoying the game A LOT. Lots of fun but i really dislike how in SP death match it seems like its everyone is ONLY aiming for you, sometimes i had 3 people all shooting at me, none the less its really fun and if the MP decides to stop being crap and starts working so i can play online, it may be a first day buy!!

I will defiantly buy it though, lots of fun!!
    Takes some time geting used to the controls though but where's the fun in not learning!!

I think they could have done a lot better in terms of texture but if that means the game would not run as smoothly as it currently does,( how smooth for such an action packed game!?!?!) i would not change it.
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 02-01-2012 at 23:37.

11. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    So far i actually am enjoying the game A LOT. Lots of fun but i really dislike how in SP death match it seems like its everyone is ONLY aiming for you, sometimes i had 3 people all shooting at me, none the less its really fun and if the MP decides to stop being crap and starts working so i can play online, it may be a first day buy!!

I will defiantly buy it though, lots of fun!!
    Takes some time geting used to the controls though but where's the fun in not learning!!

I think they could have done a lot better in terms of texture but if that means the game would not run as smoothly as it currently does,( how smooth for such an action packed game!?!?!) i would not change it.
    The AI did that in previous titles also. They usually gang up on you but they can be separated and taken out one by one. And don't forget people, some vehicles are easier then others especially when it comes to special weapons. The vehicles with the strongest special weapons are a lot more difficult to control then the weaker ones. I find this game easy to learn but hard to master. The learning curve is kinda steep for the ones that never experienced a game like this. Don't give up so easily.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Ended up sleeping last night before it loaded. Part of the reason was I didn't realize how to handle my queue of downloads. But then I figured it out. Was at work all day and now in class, but had my wife continue the download, so hopefully it'll be ready when I get home tonight. Things are getting a bit dicey in here, but glad to hear more positives out of this demo. Can't wait to try it out myself!

Ultimate Veteran
    Am I the only one who thinks the graphics look good? Texture detail, shadows, lighting and reflections seem to have a lot of polish. I'm still getting used to the controls though. It feels much bigger than Twisted Metal: Black.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-02-2012 at 00:45.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

i found the ai to be pretty stupid why doesn't the ai pick up health to heal themselfs. if you ask me its not hard enough. thats just me though. i hope the difficulty on the demo is not the hardest in the game

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    what really did everyone expect? a big shiny game with a deep story, and character development? it is $#@!ing twisted metal. do some research before you jump in and expect something that the series has never been
    Too $#@!ing right! It's always been about carnage. Pure, savage carnage. God I can't wait. It's been so long since we had a TM game, I'm kind of giddy. I feel all giggly and stupid. I have a whole bunch of old friends from high school and college that I still hang out with just waiting to go at it with each other like we did when the other games came out. I see some all-nighters coming.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the graphics look good? Texture detail, shadows, lighting and reflections seem to have a lot of polish. I'm still getting used to the controls though. It feels much bigger than Twisted Metal: Black.
    I also think the graphics look good, they are not crappy by any means so I don't understand where people are coming from when they say "the game looks like crap", it doesn't make any sense considering what previous TM games were in the first place. I can't remember who it was or if it was on another forum, but there was also someone that didn't like Twisted Metal but yet he liked Vigilante 8 which I think Twisted Metal is a lot better o.O doesn't make any sense to me.

point is, the game does look good.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    this game/demo is crap... i cant believe how much people have been hyped about it. Its a braindead button masher with no polish (yeah its a demo but its not going to look much better in final release)Its A pick up and play for 5 or 10 minutes before getting bored kinda game. Jaffe severely disappoints this gen in gaming... hes done jack $#@!. seriously... calling all cars and this?... this game is going to feel like an oversized playstation network title (since it was originally planned as one) with an SP campaign tacked on

In all honesty this is a 10-15$ PSN title at BEST... but at full price retail, (or full price PSN download) thats absolutely retarded
    Thats because you have no idea about the finer strategies of this game. It really isn't a button masher. Not at all. Its like a fighting game, you can button mash your way through it and hope for the best, and it may even work sometimes, but there is so much more to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Too $#@!ing right! It's always been about carnage. Pure, savage carnage. God I can't wait. It's been so long since we had a TM game, I'm kind of giddy. I feel all giggly and stupid. I have a whole bunch of old friends from high school and college that I still hang out with just waiting to go at it with each other like we did when the other games came out. I see some all-nighters coming.
    ahh the memories, my buddy is taking 2 days off of work so we can get trashed and blow some $#@! up

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Superior Member
    I think the graphics are excellent. The vehicles and damage details are wicked looking and the feeling of speed is really impressive! I've been going back and playing more to day and I love it!

21. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    No, youre not the only one. I think the graphics look great especially for this particular genre. Like others have said the haters are gonna hate.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Thats because you have no idea about the finer strategies of this game. It really isn't a button masher. Not at all. Its like a fighting game, you can button mash your way through it and hope for the best, and it may even work sometimes, but there is so much more to it.
    Yeah its totally not a button masher, no button masher can drift into an alleyway then do a 180, start boosting backwards and fire your missiles at the guy chasing you. Button mashers, get ready to die

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, the Twisted Metal games are challenging. People who think it's easy are kidding themselves. But it's also a lot of fun once you get used to it.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Just got through playing a few games. This game is awesome! Took a while getting used to the controls. Last game I played was Black. That was years and years ago. But am definitely pumped for this game! Hopefully the online gets fixed soon. These damn bots are kicking my ass! Lol
    Last edited by RaY_210; 02-02-2012 at 03:01.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post

Taking into account that this is from E3 2010 which was an early ass build to begin with, I think you need to go back and play your PS2 to remind yourself exactly what those graphics looked like, I would say the E3 2010 build was more Xbox 1.2ish.

As for TM on PS1, pretty much any PS1 game looked better than TM1, TM2 looked a bit better but it still didn't look as good as other PS1 games.
    The series has never been about graphics, and it still isn't. Considering the Demo is better looking than that 2010 build, it's actually better looking than I expected, certainly looks better than plenty of other current gen games.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not, but I don't care about graphics. To me, they're a plus. This game looks good to me. This is definitely a day 1 game for me! Our possibly day 2 since that's when I get paid

28. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Just played the game online man its soo much better then challenge mode! It isn't as crazy, although still crazy enough
    Online even looks better, with pedestrians running around which you run over and blood splutters all over your screen and random AI cars driving the streets everywhere.

I was managing to get 4-6 kill streaks most of the time, while playing Nuke mode which is really fun and people seem to do the objectives most of the time which makes the game even better. Along with fast loading times (3 seconds wait till the round restarts so no actual loading) the game is a blast!

Thread Information